PDA

View Full Version : NFL Truths in the latest Whitlock

Vis
09-16-2010, 11:41 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/clinton-portis-ines-sainz-new-york-jets-nfl-truths-jason-whitlock-091610

Posted just for the opening line:

Dear Jason:
Do you know how I can get in touch with Ines Sainz? I would be more than happy if she interviewed me inside a bathroom.
Sincerely,
Big Ben

Does anybody like himself as much as Whitlock likes himself? Look at his byline

Jason Whitlock writes about the sports world from every angle, including those other writers can't imagine or muster courage to address. His columns are humorous, thought-provoking, agenda free, honest and unpredictable.

Thank God we have his courage and imagination. :grin:

fansince'76
09-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Surprisingly, there didn't seem to be one hint of the race card Whitlock is usually so quick and adept at playing, particularly in light of his defense of Portis' comments. (Betcha there wouldn't have been any backlash from the league at all if a white player like Tom Brady would have made them!) :rolleyes:

Steeltreal
09-16-2010, 12:00 PM
HE said take the Browns over KC... they couldn't stop Tampa. What a moron

oneforthetoe
09-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Ines Sainz knows what she’s doing. She knows the consequences of her decision. She’s handled her situation like a grown-ass, empowered woman. She’s appreciative that Woody Johnson apologized and intervened. She’s not pretending she’s Lisa Olson, a serious journalist who was severely traumatized and “assaulted” by Zeke Mowatt.

I guess he just mistyped that.:scratchchin:

Not a fan of Whitlock's, but he is spot on this issue.

GodfatherofSoul
09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
I guess he just mistyped that.:scratchchin:

Not a fan of Whitlock's, but he is spot on this issue.

Lisa Olson was "severly traumatized"? WTF??? I say FU to anyone coming into a LOCKERROOM and complaining about the nudity. And, if I was a male reporter, I would demand that I be allowed in the women's volleyball team lockerroom.

Bipolar The Titan
09-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Whitlock is a character, that is for sure. His self description is bull. Like any good editorialist he targets audience.

zulater
09-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Now that we know the penalty, let's discuss PacBen in something resembling proper context. There is no doubt Roethlisberger is an idiot worthy of suspension. What I've yet to hear or read is a fair justification for why he deserved punishment.

When the Georgia police released the details of the notes it took during its investigation of Roethlisberger, the media cherry-picked and repeated the alleged "eyewitness" accounts as though they were as unimpeachable as a video replay.

Read more: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/why-big-ben-really-deserved-the-suspension

Whitlock on Ben. :scratchchin: