PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 - Vikings

Rotorhead
09-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Just starting this thread now.

We get the Vikings on a short week for them, and we get to watch them today to see how they play week 1.

We got out of week 1 with a W and relatively injury free (all I was hoping for honestly).

teegre
09-11-2017, 02:02 PM
The Vikings defense is legit.

Stefon Diggs is amazing.

polamalubeast
09-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Early in the season,the steelers will face a lot of good defense and several bad offense...The vikings game is not a exception.

The steelers offense need to be ready....

43Hitman
09-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Mike Zimmer is very familiar with this division also. Probably one of the more under-rated defensive guys in the NFL. The Steelers will have their hands full with that defense. Hopefully Bell can get back to himself a little more and break a few to keep that defense honest.

EzraTank
09-11-2017, 03:22 PM
I keep hearing about the killer B's now that Bryant is back.

Well its time they put up or shut up.

Mojouw
09-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Glad you're here to whip the fellas into shape, coach.

Edman
09-11-2017, 03:54 PM
I keep hearing about the killer B's now that Bryant is back.

Well its time they put up or shut up.

It might be a couple weeks before the Offense gets it together. They have not played together in a full game since 2014, and have not played together all training camp and preseason.

The B's thought they could just show up and everything will be fine, well they're wrong. If Gregg Williams gave them problems, the Ravens will eat them alive.

This season is pretty much riding on the success of the Defense. Its how the Steelers won their last two Super Bowls.

Iron Steeler
09-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Last year the Vikings grew a lot. They will not be a push over. Heard their defense is great going to sting and they are calling Stephon Diggs Anotnio Brown Jr. Not to mention the wild card review on the rookie RB Cook who they we real excited to draft.

I really wouldn't classify this as a TRAP game, since the opponent is actually really good. But I could see the Steelers having a tough time with this team. Based off what I watched against the browns, the Steelers had this "Mehhh are players are so good and talented, someone will eventually make a play " mentality.

Granted here are some valid excuses:
1. Bell hasnt had pads on since the AFCG
2. Haden just got on the team last week, hasn't settled in the play book.
2a. TJ Wilcox the ditto
3. Martvis has not played for a year as well.

So there is a lot of RUST and new comers learning the game plan.

NO EXCUSES FOR:

PENALTIES!

If we could ever play a clean game week in and week out. We would be unstoppable

Moose
09-11-2017, 06:48 PM
Need another win..all the division foe's are playing somewhat winnable games......Brown's play Balt., Cincy play Houstion ( 5 player's with concussions).

Psycho Ward 86
09-11-2017, 07:04 PM
Everyones all over Stefon Diggs but how about Adam Thielen? Great at high pointing/adjusting to the ball and has that sneaky long-strider deep speed (see: Jordy Nelson). You can make a fair argument for both being some of the most underrated receivers in the league. Guarantee you if we get caught sleeping in the pass game, Thielen will be on the receiving end of several of the big plays.

Not about to underestimate this offense. Dalvin Cook was regarded by some draftniks as even better than Fournette, and Bradford did to his credit, set the record for highest completion percentage last season. Before anyone laughs at that record, lets have a moment of silence for all the times we lost via death by a thousand papercuts

I remember hearing the vikings O-line playing being pretty poor last season? If thats true it might be a good day for the pass rush again. Kizer held the ball too long at times, but honestly we pressured him well against a low-key talented O-line (Thomas, Bitonio, Zeitler)

polamalubeast
09-11-2017, 07:17 PM
The Vikings Offense is not very good, I would be surprised if they score at least 20 points against us, unless the Steelers offense has turnovers

Their o-line is very weak, which is the reason why their offense struggle often and last year their running game was historically bad.

I respect their defense, because Zimmer is a very good defensive coach and the talent is there

RunNGun
09-11-2017, 07:42 PM
I think we matchup well against the Vikings offense. The Vikings defense, however, could cause us problems. If the O shows up as lackadaisical as last week we won't win this game. This one is on Haley and Ben to put a gameplan together and execute.

polamalubeast
09-11-2017, 07:43 PM
I predict a another ugly win!

polamalubeast
09-11-2017, 07:53 PM
The vikings offense is awesome right now, but I do not know if it's because of the atrocious saints defense or not.

Edman
09-11-2017, 07:57 PM
The vikings offense is awesome right now, but I do not know if it's because of the atrocious saints defense or not.

The Saints have consistently had one of the worst defenses in the league for the past five years. It's a little of both.

Iron Steeler
09-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Vikings are going to bring it to us

- - - Updated - - -

Our CBs have their work cut out for them. And OLine

Edman
09-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Vikes are on fire.

They could just walk into Heinz and scorch the Steelers next week.

Mojouw
09-11-2017, 08:33 PM
The bottom line with the Vikings is that they start Sam Bradford. He is even more a fan of the checkdown than Flacco or Tannehill or Alex Smith.

Plus if you hit him enough he breaks a bone.
https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/3/30760/2067382-glass_joe_3.jpg

polamalubeast
09-11-2017, 08:39 PM
The Saints are right now 0/4 in the red zone(4 FG)

BurghBoy412
09-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Gonna be fun watching AB against one of the best secondaries in the league. My money is on AB.

The Saints have moved the ball but they're stalling out in the red zone. The Steelers had somewhat of a wake-up call week 1. I see the Steelers responding and putting Sam Bradford on his back 6 or 7 times. I'm pretty sure if you put the Saints front 7 on the Steelers they would all be back ups. Minnesota still has a bad O-line. Don't be deceived. The Steelers front 7 will dominate the Vikings.

Shoes
09-11-2017, 08:49 PM
The bottom line with the Vikings is that they start Sam Bradford. He is even more a fan of the checkdown than Flacco or Tannehill or Alex Smith.

Right, somewhere between Batch & Lefty

Bluecoat96
09-11-2017, 08:52 PM
I think a good measuring stick would be to look back at our offense's success against a Zimmer coached Bengals D. I would think that would at least give some idea as to what Big Been and co. can do next week.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Psycho Ward 86
09-11-2017, 09:04 PM
There goes Thielen again. This year is going to be his coming out party. The vikings are absolutely stacked at cornerback. Even AB will likely have some trouble against Rhodes, especially if Harrison Smith is bracketing him. The other receivers NEED to step up for us to come away with a win

Xavier Rhodes allowed a passer rating of 39.2 last season which I believe was tops in the league.

BurghBoy412
09-11-2017, 09:13 PM
We'll see how well Bradford does when he starts getting hit. I highly doubt anyone fairs that well running against the Steelers. Especially a rookie with a bad offensive line.

The Vikings have a good secondary but you can run on them. I can't see Bell having another bad game.

BurghBoy412
09-11-2017, 09:18 PM
The Vikings start a rookie at Center.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/pat-elflein?id=2557879

st33lersguy
09-11-2017, 10:30 PM
Ben will be at home which is a good sign, plus they won't have an opportunity to play down to a bad team this time. However, if they commit holding penalties after every other first down again, they won't win

43Hitman
09-12-2017, 04:29 AM
I think the coaches tape from last night will be available today, I plan on watching the Vikings defense a little more closely.

pczach
09-12-2017, 06:13 AM

He has checked down a lot in his career, but in his defense, he has played behind some historically bad offensive lines. You don't have time to look down the field when you get instant pressure on every play.

I think he's a good quarterback if you give him time. They essentially have a new offensive line. We'll see how things go for him as the year goes on.

I expect a very difficult test against that defense, and the Steelers D needs to play well. This is going to be a good measuring stick early in the year.

ALLD
09-12-2017, 07:45 AM
It's going to be like SB IX.

Steelers 2-0.

steel striker
09-12-2017, 11:59 AM
It's going to be a tough game the Vikings looked pretty good week one. The offense is going to have to play better this week.

polamalubeast
09-12-2017, 12:02 PM

Born2Steel
09-12-2017, 12:33 PM
I'm curious to see how we cover Rudolph while still containing Cook. May see a lot of 3 man rushes again this game.

On offense, we are going to have to get the pass game going to loosen up the box for Bell, I'm thinking. I expect Bryant to have his 'breakout' this game.

polamalubeast
09-12-2017, 12:39 PM
I predict that the vikings will force the steelers to throw to their TE, like the bengals (Mike Zimmer is a former DC of the bengals) always do against us.

Hopefully James and/or McDonalds will be ready.

BurghBoy412
09-12-2017, 03:27 PM
The Steelers win by at least 2 TD's.

Born2Steel
09-12-2017, 03:51 PM
The Steelers win by at least 2 TD's.

I hope so. But will that be 42-28 or more like 21-7?

Dwinsgames
09-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Steelers first play on offense should be a DEEP ball to Bryant , complete or not it will give the Vikings something to think about the rest of the way and help open up things underneath and maybe Bell has a little room to operate

polamalubeast
09-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Steelers first play on offense should be a DEEP ball to Bryant , complete or not it will give the Vikings something to think about the rest of the way and help open up things underneath and maybe Bell has a little room to operate

The first play will be a screen again.....

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
09-12-2017, 04:07 PM
If their going to keep Haden on the same side then we will see what he has left. Diggs tore up New Orleans last night mostly on that side. Of course Orleans secondary is crap but Diggs should be a good test for Haden.

polamalubeast
09-12-2017, 04:08 PM
I hope so. But will that be 42-28 or more like 21-7?

If the steelers win by 14 points, it will be a score like 27-13

43Hitman
09-12-2017, 04:11 PM
I agree, but it needs to be deep enough that it's not picked. Sometimes Ben under throws Bryant.

Born2Steel
09-12-2017, 04:12 PM
If the steelers win by 14 points, it will be a score like 27-13

I would accept 27 points. We only managed 14 against the Browns. If we can't get some offense rolling this week, we will lose this game. We are going to have to be able to put up some points.

polamalubeast
09-12-2017, 04:55 PM

tube517
09-12-2017, 04:56 PM

Is this the SU gameday thread??? :lol: I am as guilty as anyone else

Psycho Ward 86
09-12-2017, 04:57 PM
vikings play lots of man and have great corners with lots of depth to boot. i wonder how theyre going to use those corners

BurghBoy412
09-12-2017, 05:04 PM
If their going to keep Haden on the same side then we will see what he has left. Diggs tore up New Orleans last night mostly on that side. Of course Orleans secondary is crap but Diggs should be a good test for Haden.I hope fans will start understand that Joe Haden wasn't brought in with the intention to build a defense around him. It's about pressuring the QB. Getting him off his spot, forcing hurried throws, and getting sacks. Haden will be good if the pass rush is consistent. Most any NFL QB will carve up a team if he has time to set up shop, survey the field, and deliver an accurate pass. I don't care if you have Rod Woodson and Deion Sander starting at your CB spots. If you give a QB enough time his receivers will create enough space on the most elite CB's in the game. You don't ask your CB's to cover for 10 seconds on each play and expect them to have a guy locked down.

Iron Steeler
09-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Yehh steelers need to ramp it up quickly

polamalubeast
09-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Is this the SU gameday thread??? :lol: I am as guilty as anyone else

It was on Twitter!

BurghBoy412
09-12-2017, 05:15 PM
vikings play lots of man and have great corners with lots of depth to boot. i wonder how theyre going to use those cornersI don't care how good their CB's are, if Ben has time he'll carve them up.

polamalubeast
09-12-2017, 05:17 PM
I don't care how good their CB's are, if Ben has time he'll carve them up.

unless Haley call too many screen again.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
09-12-2017, 05:21 PM
I hope fans will start understand that Joe Haden wasn't brought in with the intention to build a defense around him. It's about pressuring the QB. Getting him off his spot, forcing hurried throws, and getting sacks. Haden will be good if the pass rush is consistent. Most any NFL QB will carve up a team if he has time to set up shop, survey the field, and deliver an accurate pass. I don't care if you have Rod Woodson and Deion Sander starting at your CB spots. If you give a QB enough time his receivers will create enough space on the most elite CB's in the game. You don't ask your CB's to cover for 10 seconds on each play and expect them to have a guy locked down. Agreed Haden was brought in to be a upgrade over what we had at CB. Fans shouldn't expect him to be the all pro he once was. Again this should be a great test for him this week though.

BurghBoy412
09-12-2017, 05:21 PM
unless Haley call too many screen again.Or Ben audibles too many screen

polamalubeast
09-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Or Ben audibles too many screen

I'm sure it's on Haley.I mean, how many screen the steelers have done in the preseason this year?....Many and Roethlisberger played only 2 drive in the preseason.

Sometimes you have to trust your o-line instead of being afraid of the pass rush of the other team!

BurghBoy412
09-12-2017, 05:44 PM
I'm sure it's on Haley.I mean, how many screen the steelers have done in the preseason this year?....Many and Roethlisberger played only 2 drive in the preseason.

Sometimes you have to trust your o-line instead of being afraid of the pass rush of the other team!I don't know why it matters who it's on. They won the game.

BurghBoy412
09-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Welcome to Steeler Nation. Where we trash our coaches even if we win the game.

polamalubeast
09-12-2017, 05:58 PM

I am sorry,but the game of Haley vs Browns was his worst since 2014 against the Jets when Ben started the game 9-11 for 24 yards!

AtlantaDan
09-12-2017, 06:03 PM
The first play will be a screen again.....

Out of an empty backfield for no gain with JuJu picking up another holding penalty

polamalubeast
09-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Out of an empty backfield for no gain with JuJu picking up another holding penalty

I hate also the empty backfield, since this is always a quick pass

BurghBoy412
09-12-2017, 06:27 PM
I am sorry,but the game of Haley vs Browns was his worst since 2014 against the Jets when Ben started the game 9-11 for 24 yards!That game is over now. On to Minnesota.

Psycho Ward 86
09-12-2017, 07:30 PM
I hope fans will start understand that Joe Haden wasn't brought in with the intention to build a defense around him. It's about pressuring the QB. Getting him off his spot, forcing hurried throws, and getting sacks. Haden will be good if the pass rush is consistent. Most any NFL QB will carve up a team if he has time to set up shop, survey the field, and deliver an accurate pass. I don't care if you have Rod Woodson and Deion Sander starting at your CB spots. If you give a QB enough time his receivers will create enough space on the most elite CB's in the game. You don't ask your CB's to cover for 10 seconds on each play and expect them to have a guy locked down.

Bradford loves his short passes. I think our pass rush is going to be strong this season even with Dupree/Tuitt out for a bit, but this looks to be a game that requires aggressive man coverage to keep Thielen/Diggs at bay. I dont think were going to be able to get home much in this one earlier on unless Bradford pulls an Alex Smith and tries to bomb it downfield against his typical style.

I hope Burns gets Diggs and Haden gets Thielen more frequently. Better match up between athletic profiles

FrancoLambert
09-12-2017, 07:31 PM
The Vikings defense is legit.

Stefon Diggs is amazing.

He is going to be tough to handle. :nod:

It will be interesting to see if Tomlin and Butler decide to have one corner shadow him from side to side, something they said they weren't planning to do.

If I had to guess, I'd say it would be Artie.

polamalubeast
09-12-2017, 07:33 PM
This is the perfect game for used the man coverage a lot.

AtlantaDan
09-12-2017, 08:48 PM
My annual trip to Heinz this Sunday - so looking forward to it

Bought StubHub seats under cover of the upper deck in case it rained like last year for the Bengals game (fun fact - Steelers say row D and back in the east and west 200s gets you undercover but I learned last year when I was in row F that can still get you wet) - with forecast of partly cloudy and high in low 80s might appreciate the shade

teegre
09-12-2017, 08:52 PM
My annual trip to Heinz this Sunday - so looking forward to it

Bought StubHub seats under cover of the upper deck in case it rained like last year for the Bengals game (fun fact - Steelers say row D and back in the east and west 200s gets you undercover but I learned last year when I was in row F that can still get you wet) - with forecast of partly cloudy and high in low 80s might appreciate the shade

What is the Steelers' record when you are in attendance?

fansince'76
09-12-2017, 09:02 PM

Dan saw SB X in person, so that's at least 1-0. :chuckle:

AtlantaDan
09-12-2017, 09:10 PM

3 - 0 since I started going again several years ago (went to Three Rivers several times in 70s and 80s)

Beat Ravens on last second field goal in October 2013

Blowout win over Kaepernick and 49ers in week two 2015 season home opener

Sloppy win over Bengals in week two 2016 season home opener

All time wins when I was present were the Immaculate Reception at Three Rivers and SB X at the Orange Bowl

BurghBoy412
09-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Bradford loves his short passes. I think our pass rush is going to be strong this season even with Dupree/Tuitt out for a bit, but this looks to be a game that requires aggressive man coverage to keep Thielen/Diggs at bay. I dont think were going to be able to get home much in this one earlier on unless Bradford pulls an Alex Smith and tries to bomb it downfield against his typical style.

I hope Burns gets Diggs and Haden gets Thielen more frequently. Better match up between athletic profiles
I agree with you. If they are going to sack Bradford, coverage is gonna need to be STICKY. Pretty sure we'll be seeing a lot of press man on the outside. I also expect to see Hargrave facing a lot of double teams in the middle. I don't think a rookie Center will be able to block him without help. I'd expect to see some blitzes up the middle behind him. Some stunts as well.

Psycho Ward 86
09-12-2017, 09:48 PM
I agree with you. If they are going to sack Bradford, coverage is gonna need to be STICKY. Pretty sure we'll be seeing a lot of press man on the outside. I also expect to see Hargrave facing a lot of double teams in the middle. I don't think a rookie Center will be able to block him without help. I'd expect to see some blitzes up the middle behind him. Some stunts as well.

I havent seen any team give him that kind of respect yet. Cant say im upset about it :lol:

BurghBoy412
09-12-2017, 09:53 PM
I havent seen any team give him that kind of respect yet. Cant say im upset about it :lol: Hopefully he'll continue to push Centers into the QB. I'd think eventually he'll require a double

AtlantaDan
09-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Dan saw SB X in person, so that's at least 1-0. :chuckle:

Great memory :drink:

teegre
09-12-2017, 11:14 PM
3 - 0 since I started going again several years ago (went to Three Rivers several times in 70s and 80s)

Beat Ravens on last second field goal in October 2013

Blowout win over Kaepernick and 49ers in week two 2015 season home opener

Sloppy win over Bengals in week two 2016 season home opener

All time wins when I was present were the Immaculate Reception at Three Rivers and SB X at the Orange Bowl

5-0

Hmmm... we need to start a GoFundMe account for you (to attend every Steelers game).

AtlantaDan
09-12-2017, 11:38 PM
5-0

Hmmm... we need to start a GoFundMe account for you (to attend every Steelers game).

A couple of losses mixed in there - first game I went to at Three Rivers in 1970 they got smoked by the defending Super Bowl champ Chiefs and my last game at Three Rivers they lost late to a young Elway & the Broncos during the David Woodley at QB era - younger Steelers fans have no idea how grim it got after Bradshaw under Coach Noll

But undefeated at Heinz :thumbsup:

Craic
09-13-2017, 02:21 AM
I really wouldn't classify this as a TRAP game, since the opponent is actually really good. But I could see the Steelers having a tough time with this team. Based off what I watched against the browns, the Steelers had this "Mehhh are players are so good and talented, someone will eventually make a play " mentality.

It looks like we saw the same thing, but interpreted it differently. I don't think it's a "someone will eventually make a play" mentality but rather, we're still playing as though there's eleven individuals on the field rather than one team.

polamalubeast
09-13-2017, 10:55 AM

86WARD
09-13-2017, 01:36 PM
This will be a legit test.

tube517
09-13-2017, 02:39 PM

Moose
09-13-2017, 05:44 PM

So true, but so many time's the coaches need trashed ( or fired), because of stupid ass play calling. When we all see the running game isn't working, i.e., and continue to call it for 3 quarter's and end up winning with FG's when you could've won by TD's.....is that exceptable ? Not in my opinion, especially in professional football. I know you try to wear down the defense with the running game, but it shouldn't take a whole game to see it wasn't working. Ugly win's ( usually called lucky wins) are disgusting week after week.

Mojouw
09-13-2017, 06:12 PM
Well I guess we could accept making an exception...

...I'll show myself out.

polamalubeast
09-13-2017, 06:56 PM

If Haley not know what to do against this formation, the Steelers must make a change to the OC!

- - - Updated - - -

AtlantaDan
09-13-2017, 07:15 PM

I guess because Bryant had not played since the Denver playoff game (9 catches/154 yards) that AB missed after Burfict clobbered him, the Browns relied on tape of that game to focus on stopping Bryant and not bother worrying too much about whoever the guy is wearing #84. http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.png

polamalubeast
09-13-2017, 07:22 PM
I guess because Bryant had not played since the Denver playoff game (9 catches/154 yards) that AB missed after Burfict clobbered him, the Browns relied on tape of that game to focus on stopping Bryant and not bother worrying too much about whoever the guy is wearing #84. http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.png

It does not matter....The Browns have only allowed 14 points in shutdown everyone except Antonio Brown.It's like the Detroit Pistons that gave 40 points to Michael Jordan in 1988 to 1990 playoffs and they were able to shutdown the other players.

But if the opposing defenses do the same defensive formation against the steelers and Haley is unable to exploit that, we have a big problem.

AtlantaDan
09-13-2017, 07:35 PM
It does not matter....The Browns have only allowed 14 points in shutdown everyone except Antonio Brown.It's like the Detroit Pistons that gave 40 points to Michael Jordan in 1988 to 1990 playoffs and they were able to shutdown the other players.

But if the opposing defenses do the same defensive formation against the steelers and Haley is unable to exploit that, we have a big problem.

That will work fine as long as the game plan also includes having the other team's All Pro running back play with one week of practice and the opposing team committing 4 holding penalties along with another penalty for a peelback block to stop drives.

I agree with Tomlin that penalties were a major factor in Sunday's disappointing offensive performance

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/12728248-74/tomlin-reiterates-stance-that-penalties-not-bells-production-limited-steelers-offense-vs

Psycho Ward 86
09-13-2017, 08:09 PM
Lowkey, you guys know what might be the biggest mismatch of the game?

Riley Reiff vs. TJ Watt

The Vikings overpaid to the heavens for a pretty mediocre tackle. He's averaged 46 pressures allowed per season in his career, and last season was apparently his worst. Pass blocking is his weak suit, more of a run game mauler. Typical Hawkeye alumni :lol:

This board is going to continue to explode over TJ Watt's performance in Week 2.

Bet.

AtlantaDan
09-13-2017, 08:18 PM
Lowkey, you guys know what might be the biggest mismatch of the game?

Riley Reiff vs. TJ Watt

The Vikings overpaid to the heavens for a pretty mediocre tackle. He's averaged 46 pressures allowed per season in his career, and last season was apparently his worst. Pass blocking is his weak suit, more of a run game mauler. Typical Hawkeye alumni :lol:

This board is going to continue to explode over TJ Watt's performance in Week 2.

Bet.

ESPN agrees the Vikings O-line is not the reincarnation of the early through mid-90s Cowboys

The Offensive Line Calamity Index highlights NFL teams with the most riding on offensive lines that could be their undoing. In basic terms: otherwise good teams that could be broken by O-line play.

No team can match the Seahawks in that regard, but they have company. Several teams with legitimate or at least semi-legitimate postseason aspirations can point to their offensive lines as the one thing that might ruin everything....

5. Minnesota Vikings (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/min/minnesota-vikings)

Quarterback Sam Bradford (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/13197/sam-bradford) couldn't thank his offensive line enough for helping him shred the New Orleans defense on Monday night. Bradford beamed and gushed as though the Vikings still had Gary Zimmerman and Randall McDaniel locking down the left side. They actually have Riley Reiff (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14930/riley-reiff) and Nick Easton (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2507667/nick-easton), with Mike Remmers (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15422/mike-remmers) at right tackle. And they beat the Saints, whose defense is hoping to be better than the historically bad units New Orleans fielded in recent seasons.

"The thing about Minnesota is, they've got size and tough guys on their line," an evaluator said. "It doesn't have to be perfect, but all five have to play together. Teams win Super Bowls without the best five guys. It just remains to be seen whether this group will be good enough against a real defense."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20688504/nfl-2017-o-line-calamity-index-trouble-front

Shoes
09-13-2017, 09:26 PM
Sam Bradford was limited in practice with a knee injury
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/13/sam-bradford-was-limited-in-practice-with-a-knee-injury/

Psycho Ward 86
09-13-2017, 09:42 PM
Sam Bradford was limited in practice with a knee injury
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/13/sam-bradford-was-limited-in-practice-with-a-knee-injury/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kr24G8jQpM

86WARD
09-14-2017, 10:27 AM
This will be a good test for the Steelers offense and the DBs.

polamalubeast
09-14-2017, 10:35 AM

st33lersguy
09-14-2017, 10:50 AM
Vikings will be tough, especially on defense

j-d-s
09-14-2017, 02:07 PM
Their offense is not good though. They played one of the worst defenses in the league at home.You know it is on the defense if it makes Sam Bradford look like an All-Pro.

tube517
09-14-2017, 02:33 PM

Now Davis w/an ankle issue?

polamalubeast
09-14-2017, 02:54 PM

43Hitman
09-14-2017, 04:01 PM
He owe's us still. I almost died that day.....I literally thought something fishy was going on...lol

polamalubeast
09-15-2017, 10:08 AM

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Ugly win's ( usually called lucky wins) are disgusting week after week.

They don't ask how you win, they ask HOW MANY you win.

Steelers have the #3 winning percentage in the NFL in the past 10 years. http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/every-nfl-teams-10-year-record-ranked-32-1-010417 So that means there are 29 other more "disgusting" teams you could have been watching for the past 10 years.

tube517
09-15-2017, 11:39 AM
They don't ask how you win, they ask HOW MANY you win.

Steelers have the #3 winning percentage in the NFL in the past 10 years. http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/every-nfl-teams-10-year-record-ranked-32-1-010417 So that means there are 29 other more "disgusting" teams you could have been watching for the past 10 years.

Bingo.

And, they ask, did you win the last game of the year? The one that counts.

BlackAndGold
09-15-2017, 12:18 PM

Rotorhead
09-15-2017, 12:57 PM
Well, that is an interesting turn, if Bradford is out who is their backup?

Born2Steel
09-15-2017, 01:20 PM
Teddy Bridgewater I think.

BlackAndGold
09-15-2017, 01:52 PM
Teddy Bridgewater I think.

Case Keenum is the back up, but Bradford is expected to play.

Teddy is still on PUP. He is no where near returning from his awful knee injury.

AtlantaDan
09-15-2017, 02:03 PM
Hawkins becoming the spiritual heir to Golson as member of the All-Whirlpool team:coffee:

86WARD
09-15-2017, 02:12 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170915/49476780b74cc9a2902bd6cb48d394b8.jpg

polamalubeast
09-16-2017, 02:38 PM

43Hitman
09-16-2017, 02:44 PM
909132623435493376They're worried about that knee.

- - - Updated - - -

Rotorhead
09-16-2017, 02:46 PM
Maybe he is not as healthy as they are letting on. Wished we would have taken Sloter after the preseason cuts, he played very well in the preseason here in Denver.

Rotorhead
09-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Crap, looks like I get to listen to the game on the radio again . . .

polamalubeast
09-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Case Keenum is their backup....

polamalubeast
09-16-2017, 03:15 PM

BurghBoy412
09-16-2017, 06:29 PM
Cannot wait to see Bud and Watt on the field together.

DesertSteel
09-16-2017, 06:41 PM
Cannot wait to see Bud and Watt on the field together.
If it can match Watt-Chick with 4 sacks I'll be jacked!

BurghBoy412
09-16-2017, 08:50 PM
I wonder how involved the refs will be tomorrow.

teegre
09-17-2017, 06:35 AM
I foresee the Steelers going up by a TD (20-27) with 4:00 remaining. The Vikings will be driving, but Watt will make a game-sealing splash play with about 1:00 left.

polamalubeast
09-17-2017, 06:41 AM

BurghBoy412
09-17-2017, 07:23 AM
I think we'll see a lot of passes underneath today. I expect Bell, Eli, Jesse and JuJu to be really involved in the passing attack today.

ALLD
09-17-2017, 08:09 AM
They're worried about that knee.

- - - Updated - - -

And the 7 sacks by the Steelers last week. Bradford is one hit away from the locker room.

polamalubeast
09-17-2017, 08:10 AM
Who start the gamethread?

BlackAndGold
09-17-2017, 09:29 AM

BlackAndGold
09-17-2017, 10:06 AM
Looking like Case Keenum will be starting at QB for the Vikings.

Buckinnuts
09-17-2017, 10:46 AM
bradford out

Mojouw
09-17-2017, 11:59 PM
I told you Bradford was made of glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teegre
09-18-2017, 06:24 AM
Laquon Treadwell and Artie Burns were going at it.

Burns got a few more penalties than I would have liked, but Treadwell had only one significant catch against Burns (it might have been a zone, but that isn't my point). What was GREAT is that after that reception, Treadwell got decleated by Shazier, and Treadwell got up talking smack: "First down, son!!!"

Uh... it was 2nd-&-20... you only got 11 of those yards... third down. :lol:

polamalubeast
09-18-2017, 10:41 AM

AtlantaDan
09-18-2017, 03:44 PM
Back from a fun weekend in Pittsburgh

Always good to get the win but the top highlights of the day for me were: (1) getting to say hello and thanks for everything to Joe Greene while I was waiting in line to get into Heinz and Joe was exiting the VIP parking lot on the west side of Heinz to go into the stadium; and (2) the pregame ceremony honoring Mr. Rooney, with Rocky Bleier and Mel Blount raising the DMR flag that flies to the left of the end zone scoreboard, and Ben being introduced last carrying a smaller version of the DMR flag, which he then off handed off to Deebo, who waved it to the north, south, east and west sections of Heinz Field - chills.

Link to video tribute that played on the scoreboard honoring Mr. Rooney

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Rooney-Tribute/e8214780-ce04-416e-8cab-e90e40398daa

My observations on the game are the same I assume most had - offense is still choppy and defense caught a big break getting Case Keenum rather than a healthy Sam Bradford, but there is a lot to build on (particularly Bryant stepping on the accelerator for the TD pass & run, the long pass interference gain, and the long completion).

Friendly people where we were sitting, most of whom had bought their tickets on secondary market rather than being season ticket holders. Crowd had its moments but was pretty flat after the Steelers scored the two TDs and then kept settling for field goals. We sat on the west side (Steelers bench side of field) in the shade but lots of empty seats in the second half on the east Vikings bench side of the field that was getting the hot afternoon sun along with the usual stands at least half empty for the second half kickoff/lot of third quarter as fans were in line at the restrooms or concessions.

pczach
09-18-2017, 06:00 PM
Back from a fun weekend in Pittsburgh

Always good to get the win but the top highlights of the day for me were: (1) getting to say hello and thanks for everything to Joe Greene while I was waiting in line to get into Heinz and Joe was exiting the VIP parking lot on the west side of Heinz to go into the stadium; and (2) the pregame ceremony honoring Mr. Rooney, with Rocky Bleier and Mel Blount raising the DMR flag that flies to the left of the end zone scoreboard, and Ben being introduced last carrying a smaller version of the DMR flag, which he then off handed off to Deebo, who waved it to the north, south, east and west sections of Heinz Field - chills.

Link to video tribute that played on the scoreboard honoring Mr. Rooney

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Rooney-Tribute/e8214780-ce04-416e-8cab-e90e40398daa

My observations on the game are the same I assume most had - offense is still choppy and defense caught a big break getting Case Keenum rather than a healthy Sam Bradford, but there is a lot to build on (particularly Bryant stepping on the accelerator for the TD pass & run, the long pass interference gain, and the long completion).

Friendly people where we were sitting, most of whom had bought their tickets on secondary market rather than being season ticket holders. Crowd had its moments but was pretty flat after the Steelers scored the two TDs and then kept settling for field goals. We sat on the west side (Steelers bench side of field) in the shade but lots of empty seats in the second half on the east Vikings bench side of the field that was getting the hot afternoon sun along with the usual stands at least half empty for the second half kickoff/lot of third quarter as fans were in line at the restrooms or concessions.

Thanks for the summary Dan.

Getting to see the tribute to Mr. Rooney is going to be something you will always remember and treasure I'm sure. It was a very special moment honoring a very special man.