PDA

View Full Version : Le'Veon Bell wastes no time squabbling with fans after game

polamalubeast
09-10-2017, 06:50 PM
It didn’t take long for Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell to get on social media after the team’s 21-18 win over the Cleveland Browns. He probably gets hundreds of messages a day on social media that go to the wayside without a response. But if you call him out for missing camp you will get yourself a reply. Bell chose to engage a couple of fans after the game who questioned his numbers and him missing all of training camp with a holdout.

read more

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/10/leveon-bell-wastes-no-time-squabbling-with-fans-after-game/

hawaiiansteeler
09-10-2017, 06:51 PM
What was up with Le’Veon Bell?

By: Curt Popejoy
Mandatory Credit: Scott R. Galvin-USA TODAY Sports

Bell finished the game with 32 rushing yards on only 10 carries. The offensive line did him no favors but beyond the rust, we might be seeing his schtick wearing thin with opposing defenses. His trademark patient style doesn’t work when defenses attack gaps and the Browns were very successful with that. His best runs of the day happened when he attacked the line of scrimmage and engaged the linebackers on the second level.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/10/4-takeaways-from-the-steelers-21-18-win-over-the-browns/3/

Iron Steeler
09-10-2017, 06:55 PM
i was saying this last year... his patience routine was figured out by the Pats and Ravens...

sometimes ypu got to hit the damn whole and get a tough 5 or 6 yards

Edman
09-10-2017, 07:11 PM
From Bellcow to Lolcow.

polamalubeast
09-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Colbert was right when he said that Bell will be behind.....

Shoes
09-10-2017, 07:19 PM
Colbert was right when he said that Bell will be behind.....

He was indeed!

BurghBoy412
09-10-2017, 07:22 PM
Not sure how I feel about so called fans talking smack. Part of me agrees with them but part of me wishes they would STFU. It's one game and they won. Whaa whaa whaa!!

AtlantaDan
09-10-2017, 07:26 PM
i was saying this last year... his patience routine was figured out by the Pats and Ravens

Pats games involved Landry Jones at QB in October and Bell injured in January

Bell's rushing totals 12/25/16 v. Ravens

20 carries - 122 yards - 1 TD rushing and 1 TD on pass reception

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400874583

(http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400874583)

st33lersguy
09-10-2017, 07:31 PM
What purpose does this serve him? What is it that he hopes to gain from this? If he wants attention then keep doing what you are doing, but if you want people to stop criticizing you, shut up and produce on the field

fansince'76
09-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Not sure how I feel about so called fans talking smack. Part of me agrees with them but part of me wishes they would STFU. It's one game and they won. Whaa whaa whaa!!

Steelers Nation has found its newest scapegoat and his name is Le'Veon Bell...

GBMelBlount
09-10-2017, 07:46 PM
I wonder if the Steelers might have paid him 17 mil if he was an antisocial mute.

SteelerFanInStl
09-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Truth

SteelMayhem72
09-10-2017, 08:37 PM
He needs to stfu and just play, hes getting (already was) to be a distraction. May be his last year here

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

FrancoLambert
09-10-2017, 08:38 PM

I don't think many in Steeler Nation set out to make Bell a scapegoat this season.

Any heat directed his way is justified. You miss camp and the entire preseason, you invite the criticism.

fansince'76
09-10-2017, 08:49 PM
I don't think many in Steeler Nation set out to make Bell a scapegoat this season.

Any heat directed his way is justified. You miss camp and the entire preseason, you invite the criticism.

I guess we'll agree to disagree, then. This fanbase is lightning quick about turning on players in my experience.

The offensive line did him no favors but beyond the rust, we might be seeing his schtick wearing thin with opposing defenses. His trademark patient style doesn’t work when defenses attack gaps and the Browns were very successful with that.

This is an absolute crock. How many times have we ALL watched Bell turn what should be negative yardage into a 6+ yard carry by being patient and not just trying to hit a hole that isn't there and running up the backs of his own blockers and falling down behind the LOS, a la Mendenhall?

FrancoLambert
09-10-2017, 08:59 PM
I guess we'll agree to disagree, then. This fanbase is lightning quick about turning on players in my experience.

It happens in may fanbases. It just finds a player quicker when fans perceive any degree of selfishness.

:drink:

tube517
09-10-2017, 09:06 PM
This fanbase is lightning quick about turning on players in my experience.

Imagine social media when these guys held out:

Hines Ward
Jack Lambert
Franco Harris
Rod Woodson

All these guys held out at one point.

Neversatisfied
09-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Its a very sad situation, Bell makes it very hard to like him as a person. On one hand youve got a guy that is very productive on the field and can be a game changer. On the other youve got a peson that has been suspended more than once, have proven to be very selfish and is the complete opposite of humble. It seems easier to route for Bell to fail so dumping him in the offseason is best for the team but as Fans we want him to succeed for the benifit of the team. He's an asshole but a very talented one.

fansince'76
09-10-2017, 09:25 PM
It happens in may fanbases. It just finds a player quicker when fans perceive any degree of selfishness.

:drink:

However, to its credit, the Nation is also pretty forgiving. AB's Facebook Live antics seem to be a million years in the past after his overall performance and the insane grabs he made today. :drink:

Steeldude
09-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Imagine social media when these guys held out:

Hines Ward
Jack Lambert
Franco Harris
Rod Woodson

All these guys held out at one point.

Yep, but players who were underpaid, were team players, led by example and players who played the entired season. They are also players who weren't suspended for drug use. The list goes on and on. I wanted Bell gone after the first joint.

Bell strikes me as a person who will set it on cruise control when he gets paid.

teegre
09-10-2017, 09:30 PM
However, to its credit, the Nation is also pretty forgiving. AB's Facebook Live antics seem to be a million years in the past after his overall performance and the insane grabs he made today. :drink:

An anslogy:
I get annoyed when my three-year-old writes on the wall... but, I sort of expect it: he's three.

I get annoyed when these millennials act a fool on social media... but, I sort of expect it: they're millennials.

Hawkman
09-10-2017, 09:32 PM
An anslogy:
I get annoyed when my three-year-old writes on the wall... but, I sort of expect it: he's three.

I get annoyed when these millennials act a fool on social media... but, I sort of expect it: they're millennials.

Great analogy!:heh:......or should I say anslogy.:wink02:

tube517
09-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Yep, but players who were underpaid, were team players, led by example and players who played the entired season. They are also players who weren't suspended for drug use. The list goes on and on. I wanted Bell gone after the first joint.

Bell strikes me as a person who will set it on cruise control when he gets paid.

Not my point. I am pointing out the idiot "fans" on social media who turn on players in an instant. Most of these fans are bandwagon fans who have nothing better to do than troll.

I'm not excusing Bell's antics. He's wasting his time with these trolls as far as I'm concerned.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-10-2017, 10:09 PM

Yeah, I bet he is hoping that Robert Golden gets some playing time so he can replace Bell as the Scapegoat.

Mojouw
09-10-2017, 10:15 PM
So we gave stupid a meagphone with social media. Now we all want to stand back and wring our hands when stupid picks it up and uses it to declare their stupidity loudly.

Everyone is so quick to turn on guys like Bell and brand them as degenerates or whatever. Bell does numerous charitable works each year. Sure he got caught smoking weed and that has just mind-numbingly stupid. His second "offense" caused the NFL to essentially admit that they were being dicks.

Look, Bell is young, brash, arrogant, and really really good. He's also 25 and demonstrates the maturity of most cocksure 25 year olds. Shocking.

Wanna see a real dirtball, look into Zeke Elliot. Or ODB. Or basically any one of the NFL players who continually commits actual crimes, beats on weaker individuals, and generally treats the people around them like shit.

Or you all could keep blaming this kid for everything. I mean he probably was the single biggest reason that Obama got elected - both times!

Craic
09-10-2017, 10:45 PM
We all know who the real scapegoat is: Todd Haley, he crashes into Roosevelt Nix and David Johnson too much, even though Johnson's no long here. At least we know it's not Jesse James. James is bigger and better than Gronk, or, at least, that argument rings a bell. :chuckle:

:sarcasm:

Lady Steel
09-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Bell sure does have a lot of time to spend on Twitter, but none to show up for training camp. Nope, don't feel bad for him. I show up for work every damn day whether I get a pay increase or not, and I'm sure as hell not making as much money as he is, so he can suck it. :lol:

Steeldude
09-10-2017, 10:57 PM
I am glad Bell turned down the Steelers offer. Hopefully the Steelers will shrink their next offer by at least 40%, if there is a next offer.

fansince'76
09-10-2017, 10:58 PM
So we gave stupid a meagphone with social media. Now we all want to stand back and wring our hands when stupid picks it up and uses it to declare their stupidity loudly.

Everyone is so quick to turn on guys like Bell and brand them as degenerates or whatever. Bell does numerous charitable works each year. Sure he got caught smoking weed and that has just mind-numbingly stupid. His second "offense" caused the NFL to essentially admit that they were being dicks.

Look, Bell is young, brash, arrogant, and really really good. He's also 25 and demonstrates the maturity of most cocksure 25 year olds. Shocking.

Wanna see a real dirtball, look into Zeke Elliot. Or ODB. Or basically any one of the NFL players who continually commits actual crimes, beats on weaker individuals, and generally treats the people around them like shit.

Or you all could keep blaming this kid for everything. I mean he probably was the single biggest reason that Obama got elected - both times!

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/17967-Audience-Clapping-Gif.gif?1

Iron Steeler
09-11-2017, 06:10 AM
Pats games involved Landry Jones at QB in October and Bell injured in January

Bell's rushing totals 12/25/16 v. Ravens

20 carries - 122 yards - 1 TD rushing and 1 TD on pass reception

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400874583

(http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400874583)

talking about the AFCG Pats game.

yes i know he got "injured"

AtlantaDan
09-11-2017, 09:20 AM
talking about the AFCG Pats game.

yes i know he got "injured"

You think he was faking that - Tomlin ran the wheels off him from November on

He may be injury prone but what is with "injured"?

And care to elaborate on how the Ravens figured him out last Christmas?

I get how Bell gets on fans last nerve but you take the costs with the benefits of having him on the team - Steelers offer indicates they think he is worth the hassles

If Steelers fans forgave Roethlisberger for his far more serious screwups (Bell never risked his career by tooling around on a motorcycle without a helmet or being under criminal investigation for felony sexual assault, for which fans would want to give Bell the electric chair) they will forgive Bell if he produces

SteelerFanInStl
09-11-2017, 09:42 AM
You think he was faking that - Tomlin ran the wheels off him from November on

He may be injury prone but what is with "injured"?

And care to elaborate on how the Ravens figured him out last Christmas?

I get how Bell gets on fans last nerve but you take the costs with the benefits of having him on the team - Steelers offer indicates they think he is worth the hassles

If Steelers fans forgave Roethlisberger for his far more serious screwups (Bell never risked his career by tooling around on a motorcycle without a helmet or being under criminal investigation for felony sexual assault, for which fans would want to give Bell the electric chair) they will forgive Bell if he produces

Yea, I'm interested in hearing a response to this also.

DesertSteel
09-11-2017, 10:56 AM
And he set himself up perfectly for that role.

ALLD
09-11-2017, 07:44 PM
Bell did not earn his $750k paycheck. He should have signed the earlier contract and reported to camp on time. He would have made more money and played better than he did yesterday.

BurghBoy412
09-11-2017, 08:12 PM
I listened to an interview today with Ravens safety Tony Jefferson. He was talking about putting staying off twitter during the season and picking up the playbook instead. He also stated that the Ravens goal on the Defensive side of the ball is to set the record for turnover differential in a season +28.

Maybe Bell should take a look at the devotion some other players have to their craft? What do you all think?

polamalubeast
09-11-2017, 08:15 PM
I listened to an interview today with Ravens safety Tony Jefferson. He was talking about putting staying off twitter during the season and picking up the playbook instead. He also stated that the Ravens goal on the Defensive side of the ball is to set the record for turnover differential in a season +28.

Maybe Bell should take a look at the devotion some other players have to their craft? What do you all think?

The record is +43 by the 1983 Redskins.

AtlantaDan
09-11-2017, 08:40 PM
Bell did not earn his $750k paycheck.

Haley did not earn his paycheck either and he was at St. Vincent's in July :stirthepot:

Shoes
09-11-2017, 08:52 PM
Haley did not earn his paycheck either and he was at St. Vincent's in July :stirthepot:

:lol:

ALLD
09-12-2017, 07:51 AM

That goes double for Haley. Looked like another case of not executing because most players were unprepared. If Bell was not ready we should have seen more Connor and Watson.

What happened to hurry up offense too? If Haley can't keep from digging holes at least let Ben call more plays.

pczach
09-12-2017, 08:24 AM
This stuff happens early in the season because of the lack of play by the frontline players in preseason. If this is still going on with the offense week 4 or 5, there's a problem.

AtlantaDan
09-12-2017, 08:40 AM
This stuff happens early in the season because of the lack of play by the frontline players in preseason. If this is still going on with the offense week 4 or 5, there's a problem.

DeAngelo Williams knows what happened (which Bell retweeted) :chuckle:

pczach
09-12-2017, 08:53 AM
DeAngelo Williams knows what happened (which Bell retweeted) :chuckle:

The Curse of Bruce Arians strikes again! :grin:

BurghBoy412
09-12-2017, 08:54 AM
The record is +43 by the 1983 Redskins.Not not what they said on the Jim Rome show interview. But thanks for the correction.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-12-2017, 09:00 AM

This !!!

I don't entirely understand all the Haley blame so far. Was Bell practicing for the past month? Did Martavis Bryant look like he had smoked weed before the game Sunday? Do the Browns have a good amount of talent on defense that controlled the line of scrimmage? The only guy that really balled out to expectation IMO was AB, so I don't know how players not playing well is the OC's fault. If Bell, Bryant, Ben and the O line can all have better performances, then it should be another 10-14 points and we will see in the upcoming weeks.

Born2Steel
09-12-2017, 09:26 AM
I'm ready to call an end to the constant Bell bashing. I know he makes it easy with his antics. But now the season has started, he's dressed and playing, let's all become one team here and move onward.

Hawkman
09-12-2017, 09:41 AM
This !!!

I don't entirely understand all the Haley blame so far. Was Bell practicing for the past month? Did Martavis Bryant look like he had smoked weed before the game Sunday? Do the Browns have a good amount of talent on defense that controlled the line of scrimmage? The only guy that really balled out to expectation IMO was AB, so I don't know how players not playing well is the OC's fault. If Bell, Bryant, Ben and the O line can all have better performances, then it should be another 10-14 points and we will see in the upcoming weeks.

Also, don't forget the more than half a football field worth of penalties that the O committed. Not sure I've ever heard of the one that was called on Bell. Most came on plays where we got decent yardage that was called back.

Psycho Ward 86
09-13-2017, 09:35 PM
According to Pro Football Focus, Bell averaged 3.2 yards after contact against the Browns on his 10 total carries and that average was fifth-best for Week 1 when compared to the 34 other running backs who had 10 more carries.

DesertSteel
09-13-2017, 09:50 PM
If he puts up a <50 game Sunday, the critics are going to triple.

SteelerFanInStl
09-14-2017, 07:49 AM
If he puts up a <50 game Sunday, the critics are going to triple.

I'm sure that the critics will continue to cry all season.

He's going up against one of the best defenses in the NFL this weekend. I don't expect him to have a big game. Yes, he should be able to get more than 50 yards rushing but that depends on more than just him. The OL needs to play better and the play calling needs to be better. The offense as a whole just needs to play better.

86WARD
09-14-2017, 09:02 AM

Perfectly summed up