PDA

View Full Version : How About That ?

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
09-08-2017, 12:19 AM
To all that think the Pats can't be beat by offense but well 500 plus yards and 4td's did just that. Imagine what Pitt can put on them if all players are gelling together ?

DesertSteel
09-08-2017, 01:00 AM
40 Tommy doesn't look too great. Their defense is horrid. Summed up... 12-4. We better go 13-3.

salamander
09-08-2017, 05:28 AM
It's only one game for them. I'm not gonna get too far ahead of myself celebrating. We'll see what happens moving forward.

stillers4me
09-08-2017, 05:46 AM

Count Steeler
09-08-2017, 05:47 AM
I guess that is why they actually play the games. Paper, smaper. Prove it on the field.

ALLD
09-08-2017, 06:23 AM
The Pats were gifted their last 2 SB wins. The team has peaked and are on their way down. They are still competitive, but not unbeatable by any means.

polamalubeast
09-08-2017, 06:26 AM
It takes a team effort to win against the pats...Yesterday, yes the chiefs offense was great, but it's very rare that you can score 40 points against the pats.

The Chiefs defense did not have their best game, but after a slow start, the chiefs defense was great when they needed it, including in the 4th quarter.

I do not know if Tomlin and Butler would have abandoned the man to man coverage if it would not work like the chiefs in early game yesterday.We must never abandoned it even if it's not working early!

SteelerFanInStl
09-08-2017, 07:28 AM
The Chiefs kept poring it on. Their offense never got conservative. Their defense had some problems in coverage early but they also came up big on a few key 4th down stuffs to stop drives. They ramped up the pass rush in the 4th quarter and put a lot of pressure on Brady.

This was a really good win by the Chiefs. It was also a really good game from Alex Smith. He's gotten a lot of flack over the years but he's a QB that I'd take if Ben decides to retire in a year or two.

AtlantaDan
09-08-2017, 07:44 AM
That was stunning. The online site I use took down this morning odds for teams winning the AFC and the Super Bowl - I was planning to bet the Steelers at around 10-1 to win it all (not likely but good ROI at thise odds) which presumably will be gone for now when odds reappear

Easy to over react to this - I remember when the Chiefs torched the Pats 41-14 in Arrowhead in week 4 of the 2014 season - Pats ended up going 12-4 and winning it all

But given the Pats easy schedule this provides an early small opening for the Steelers to hope for home field if they can beat the Pats at Heinz - that of course means avoiding the brain cramp losses

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2017, 08:27 AM
The Pats were gifted their last 2 SB wins. The team has peaked and are on their way down. They are still competitive, but not unbeatable by any means.

OK, I dislike the Pats as much as the next guy.......but is anybody ever "gifted" A Super Bowl title??

Born2Steel
09-08-2017, 08:39 AM
OK, I dislike the Pats as much as the next guy.......but is anybody ever "gifted" A Super Bowl title??

Yeah, I agree with what your saying, but I understand the point too. The Falcon's choke, and the Seahawks INT are good examples of teams snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Not much the Pats could do unless the other team made enough mistakes to lose. But to your point, have to be good enough to get there, first, and take advantage of mistakes and opportunity.

polamalubeast
09-08-2017, 08:47 AM
It can change and I think it will change, since they have almost always been in the top 10 in PPG, but the Pats Defense has not been good in preseason (last in PPG) and yesterday they were bad!

The pats are not bad in defense like yesterday and I do not think the chiefs will be good like that on offense this year.

AtlantaDan
09-08-2017, 09:13 AM
I do not think the chiefs will be good like that on offense this year.

Strongly disagree - Chiefs scoring 42 points a game with Alex Smith averaging 360 yards, 4 TDs and a QB rating of 148.6 per game is what I had penciled in preseason :chuckle:

86WARD
09-08-2017, 09:21 AM
I enjoyed it. But it's not the standard. Remember, TE Steelers beat the Niners before the Niners won out and took the Super Bowl. The Patriots will bounce back but Brady did look like he was struggling with his throws more often than not.

AtlantaDan
09-08-2017, 09:24 AM
I enjoyed it. But it's not the standard. Remember, TE Steelers beat the Niners before the Niners won out and took the Super Bowl. The Patriots will bounce back but Brady did look like he was struggling with his throws more often than not.

He started getting hit after the fast start - no QB likes it but ever since his 2008 knee injury Brady really hates getting popped and it throws him off his game

st33lersguy
09-08-2017, 09:25 AM
In the past offense hasn't beaten this team. The defense just had a really bad opening game. If the Pats defense doesn't improve dramatically though by the postseason, they aren't going to the Super Bowl again

polamalubeast
09-08-2017, 09:32 AM
He started getting hit after the fast start - no QB likes it but ever since his 2008 knee injury Brady really hates getting popped and it throws him off his game

The chiefs often put a 3 man rush in the beginning of the game and Justin Houston was often in coverage.

It does not work against Brady when you put your best pass rusher in coverage!

- - - Updated - - -

Brady start the game 9/15,he finish the game with only 7/21

polamalubeast
09-08-2017, 09:49 AM
The pass rush of the chiefs was not great yesterday

3 of their sacks was when it was 35-27 and 42-27

Mojouw
09-08-2017, 10:05 AM
In 2014, the Chiefs smoked the Pats 41-14 in a Week 4 Monday night game at Arrowhead. Pats went 12-4 and won the SB.

I guess all that last night really means is that we might as well play the season out instead of handing the Pats another Lombardi trophy as it seemed like many wanted to do.

However, one game is not the definitive signal of the Fall of the House of Brady.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2017, 10:07 AM
The pass rush of the chiefs was not great yesterday

3 of their sacks was when it was 35-27 and 42-27

True, and I only saw the 2nd half but it appeared as though there was enough push from the inside and activity from the Chefs speed rush that got Brady off his spot. The injuries to Edelman, Hightower and Amendola definitely have created some challenges.

GBMelBlount
09-08-2017, 10:23 AM
I did not see the game but am curious how the Patriots offensive line looked overall last night?

tube517
09-08-2017, 10:27 AM

Rotorhead
09-08-2017, 10:41 AM
This is definitely not the end of the season for the Pats, however, in the long run it helps the Steelers. 1 more loss most were not predicting (although I thought it would be close as the Chiefs are a good team), and a loss to an AFC team. Starts making our game against the Pats look like it may be for playoff seeding. Of course we still have to play the games and win the ones we are supposed to win. But it is a good start to the season.

DesertSteel
09-08-2017, 10:45 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Brady has never been 40 before.

steel striker
09-08-2017, 11:05 AM
I enjoyed seeing the cheats getting busted

SteelerFanInStl
09-08-2017, 12:11 PM
I did not see the game but am curious how the Patriots offensive line looked overall last night?

Not very good. The Chiefs were only bringing 3 for most of the first 3 quarters so they weren't getting much pressure. Once they started bringing 4 and 5, Brady was getting knocked around. The Pats also got stuffed repeatedly on 4th and short attempts.

GBMelBlount
09-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Not very good. The Chiefs were only bringing 3 for most of the first 3 quarters so they weren't getting much pressure. Once they started bringing 4 and 5, Brady was getting knocked around. The Pats also got stuffed repeatedly on 4th and short attempts.

Glad to hear.

Our defense getting their act together by December, and getting the needed pressure on Brady, could be the key to winning our matchups with NE in December and likely in the playoffs as well.

Fingers crossed.

teegre
09-08-2017, 02:13 PM
The injuries to Edelman, Hightower and Amendola definitely have created some challenges.

I want to focus on this sentence right here.

(Sorry, El-Gonzo. This is not directed at you, but this sentence is a perfect launching point for what I am about to say.)

The Taperiots lost two of their their top three receivers and lost by 17 points. Why does that sound familiar??? When has a team lost two of its top two receivers... and lost by 19 points??? :wink02:

Really though, the Taperiots are still a contender; they will figure out what to do to rectify what went wrong, but not even his holiness Belichick can refute the power of mid-game injuries. Those types of injuries can kill ANY team, even the almighty Taperiots, because losing key players mid-game changes the entire gameplan.

Mojouw
09-08-2017, 02:31 PM
I want to focus on this sentence right here.

(Sorry, El-Gonzo. This is not directed at you, but this sentence is a perfect launching point for what I am about to say.)

The Taperiots lost two of their their top three receivers and lost by 17 points. Why does that sound familiar??? When has a team lost two of its top two receivers... and lost by 19 points??? :wink02:

Really though, the Taperiots are still a contender; they will figure out what to do to rectify what went wrong, but not even his holiness Belichick can refute the power of mid-game injuries. Those types of injuries can kill ANY team, even the almighty Taperiots, because losing key players mid-game changes the entire gameplan.

Nope. Clearly the Patriots lost because of the following:

1. Lack of focus and discipline. Likely celebrating the Super Bowl still.
2. Didn't want it more than the Chiefs. No more hunger.
3. Dumb game-plan and failure to make in-game adjustments. Matt Pratricia should be fired.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2017, 02:46 PM

3. Dumb game-plan and failure to make in-game adjustments. Matt Pratricia should be fired.

Sounds like Belicheat presser last night.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2017/09/08/bill-belichick-didnt-have-much-to-say-after-the-patriots-42-27-loss-to-the-chiefs

Movin onto New Orleans.......movin on.

tube517
09-08-2017, 02:49 PM

4. The defense wasn't "Varsity" enough.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Seriously. Unless the Dolphins, Bills or Jets can beat them......the Pats still make the playoffs and have lots of time to fix the issues they have. Its just 1 game.

Movin on to Cleveland..........movin on.

polamalubeast
09-08-2017, 03:42 PM

Rotorhead
09-08-2017, 04:07 PM
From what I saw (4th qrtr) their line was getting beat all over. KC was getting good push up the middle to move Brady into sacks. Bodes well for our def as our DL should be able to get push. Brady couldnt connect with ppl in his face.

polamalubeast
09-08-2017, 04:09 PM
The pass rush is very important, but the coverage need to be great too

I mean, if Brady throws the ball in less than 2 seconds, it's game over for us.

Mojouw
09-08-2017, 04:11 PM
I think the last 3 times the Patriots opened the season with a loss, they won the Super Bowl.

No way this is the same team that was on display last night by the time the Steelers meet them in the regular season. Nor will the Steelers be the same team that we watch on Sunday.

Not really worth worrying about.

polamalubeast
09-08-2017, 04:25 PM

SteelerFanInStl
09-08-2017, 05:17 PM
From what I saw (4th qrtr) their line was getting beat all over. KC was getting good push up the middle to move Brady into sacks. Bodes well for our def as our DL should be able to get push. Brady couldnt connect with ppl in his face.

I especially liked the butt sack where the center was pushed back into Brady and he just fell down.

DesertSteel
09-08-2017, 05:47 PM
These things are the very definition of meaningless stats.

Edman
09-08-2017, 05:52 PM
The Patriots will be right there in the end. The Chiefs will not. I wasn't impressed by KC.

KC was behind the eight ball all game, it wasn't until the 4th when they started to pull away. The Patriots were uncharacteristically lacking the killer mode to put them away, which I'm sure they will have regain games from now. The Patriots, being totally un-Patriot like, were still in it to very end. Also, its the Patriots, not the Chiefs, that consistently destroys the Steelers. Everytime we believe The Patriots get weaker, Father Time will conquer Brady, and the Steelers will finally get the best of NE, stuff like last year's AFC Championship destruction happens. Every time we think the Dragon is slain, they rise like Lazarus. NOTHING should be taken for granted for the Patriots. They are THE threat. They must be accounted for and ultimately destroyed.

Anyway, the Chiefs will eventually turn into the Chiefs, and New England will get their strength back. They are still the team to beat in the AFC.

43Hitman
09-08-2017, 06:07 PM
We're not even 1/17th through the season yet, a lot of shit can happen. I'm more concerned with what our team is going to do on Sunday at this point. We just saw that what's on paper don't mean diddly poo, it's what you put on the field that matters. We have a ton of talent and I'm hoping that we can put it on the field and make dreams come true!

polamalubeast
09-08-2017, 06:22 PM
That the chiefs win is one thing and I think we all agree that they are a very good team, but that's the way that they won that was very shocking.

BurghBoy412
09-08-2017, 06:27 PM
It was enjoyable watching the Patriots lose. However there are two problems I had with the outcome.
1. It was a Chiefs win
2. It wasn't the Steelers beating them

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves we must remember our team has lots of question marks that need answering.

Fun fact or should I say fucked fact. The last 3 times NE lost their opener they won the Super Bowl that same season. Slow your roll folks.

polamalubeast
09-08-2017, 06:30 PM
It was enjoyable watching the Patriots lose. However there are two problems I had with the outcome.
1. It was a Chiefs win
2. It wasn't the Steelers beating them

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves we must remember our team has lots of question marks that need answering.

Fun fact or should I say fucked fact. The last 3 times NE lost their home opener they won the Super Bowl that same season. Slow your roll folks.

Their opener, not their HOME opener, but I understand your point

BurghBoy412
09-08-2017, 06:31 PM
My question is this? Is the Patriot O-line that bad? Is the KC D-Line that good? Was it just a mixture of the 2?

- - - Updated - - -

Their opener, not their HOME opener, but I understand your point So sorry So sorry. Edited

polamalubeast
09-08-2017, 06:33 PM
My question is this? Is the Patriot O-line that bad? Is the KC D-Line that good? Was it just a mixture of the 2?

In recent years, their o-line has never been their strength, so that's why when you play against the pats, you have to avoid that Brady throw the ball in less that 2 seconds for that the pressure can get to Brady

Also Justin Houston had a big game for the chiefs.

09-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Agreed far to early to say this is the Demise of the Patriots. 1.What I do enjoy is this helps us with home field advantage against them. 2. Will shut up all the talking heads on the NFL Network and etc elsewhere that are saying The Patriots are going to go undefeated and are even better this year.

09-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Oops I forgot 3. Nice to see them getting hand there arse after there gifted SB ceremony on there home field.

FrancoLambert
09-08-2017, 08:29 PM
I'm going to be very optimistic and say we saw a crack in Brady last night.
I thought his balls floated more than usual (have fun with that phrase) and he had less zip on the ball.
His accuracy was inconsistent....good throw.....bad throw.
First game, long season, he'll rebound (and he will).
But he's a 40 year old QB, his skills have to erode, maybe it's this year.

That being said, he'll probably throw for 350 yds. and 3 TD's next week.

09-08-2017, 08:32 PM
I'm going to be very optimistic and say we saw a crack in Brady last night.
I thought his balls floated more than usual (have fun with that phrase) and he had less zip on the ball.
His accuracy was inconsistent....good throw.....bad throw.
First game, long season, he'll rebound (and he will).
But he's a 40 year old QB, his skills have to erode, maybe it's this year.

That being said, he'll probably throw for 350 yds. and 3 TD's next week. He probably will rebound but still expect a close game with the Saints.

BlackAndGold
09-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Brady looked like someone who was adjusting to playing without his #1 option in Edelman.

09-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Brady looked like someone who was adjusting to playing without his #1 option in Edelman. Yes he did and sure he misses him but will eventually find other players to rely on. Gonk look lame and the D look sluggish and slow and not ready for the season to start.

Rotorhead
09-08-2017, 09:36 PM
I can see them losing next week in a shootout again honestly. I wasn't one of the people marking this off as any easy win, I think KC matches up well against them.

GBMelBlount
09-08-2017, 09:48 PM
Brady looked like someone who was adjusting to playing without his #1 option in Edelman.

Occam's razor.

Regardless, I agree that they will make whatever adjustments that they feel are necesary.

09-08-2017, 09:58 PM
Occam's razor.

Regardless, I agree that they will make whatever adjustments that they feel are necesary. Agree the simple solution is he misses Edelman. He is going to have to depend on multiple players to replace him though.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see them losing next week in a shootout again honestly. I wasn't one of the people marking this off as any easy win, I think KC matches up well against them. That's what I'm thinking and bet Bree's can't wait for a shot at that sluggish D.

Mojouw
09-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Didn't see it but by all accounts Berry took away Gronk. Without Edelmann there likely wasn't enough in sync to make up for it. A bunch of new pieces on defense that hadn't practiced slot.

By next week that team will be rolling again. One week is nothing. Two weeks is start of a concern. Wake me up if they struggle for 3 in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurghBoy412
09-08-2017, 10:16 PM
As Steeler fans. We sure do spend a lot of time talking about another team in another division. I'm making the decision now to stop talking about the NE Tom's until the week of the game.

In other words. "I'm on to Cleveland."

09-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Didn't see it but by all accounts Berry took away Gronk. Without Edelmann there likely wasn't enough in sync to make up for it. A bunch of new pieces on defense that hadn't practiced slot.

By next week that team will be rolling again. One week is nothing. Two weeks is start of a concern. Wake me up if they struggle for 3 in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAgain no one is saying the Patriots will continue to look this bad and won't rebound and I think they will. My point is there not the newest I Phone and all these idiot ex players that work for NFL Network and ESPN make them out to be. Ps. Didn't see Warner or any of the talking heads around today to enjoy there crow.

- - - Updated - - -

As Steeler fans. We sure do spend a lot of time talking about another team in another division. I'm making the decision now to stop talking about the NE Tom's until the week of the game. This is cause it was the first game of the season and we just want to talk football till Sunday. After Sunday this post will end up on the bottom headed for it's death on page 2.

Born2Steel
09-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Can we get the same dismissals if the Steelers struggle this week? I'll offer none. One thing to get your hat handed to you by a good team, even at home. A completely different feel if you struggle or even lose to a team that seems to want the #1 overall pick in next year's draft. Pats get a learning curve, IMO, going against what is most likely a playoff bound team. Only week one is not going to cut it for me against the Browns this week. Yes there will be some rust. But the Browns aren't even trying that hard this season.

BurghBoy412
09-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Can we get the same dismissals if the Steelers struggle this week? I'll offer none. One thing to get your hat handed to you by a good team, even at home. A completely different feel if you struggle or even lose to a team that seems to want the #1 overall pick in next year's draft. Pats get a learning curve, IMO, going against what is most likely a playoff bound team. Only week one is not going to cut it for me against the Browns this week. Yes there will be some rust. But the Browns aren't even trying that hard this season.
I don't think there is very much to worry about this week. Not because Cleveland is a poor opponent. Because I feel like this Steelers team is going to hit the field focused and angry. We may want to forget about that ass whoopin in the AFC championship last year but I doubt any of these players have forgotten about that loss. I believe that loss will be a driving force this season. From the Front Office down. Pittsburgh is a proud organization. Lets also not forget about the loss of Daniel Rooney. That should be more fuel for the fire.