PDA

View Full Version : My son needs a Steelers jersey!!!

teegre
09-04-2017, 12:30 PM
‪Getting my son a new Steelers jersey‬

‪I'm thinking:‬
‪VILLANUEVA‬

‪Options:‬
‪-Conner‬
‪-Tuitt‬
‪-Boswell‬
‪-Hargrave‬

Outliers:
‪-DeCastro‬
‪-Burns‬
‪-Davis‬

Your thoughts.

NOTE: My daughter has already laid claim to AB. Also, Watt is sold out (on the site I'm on).

DesertSteel
09-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Watt

- - - Updated - - -

I see.... sold out. I like Big V too.

BurghBoy412
09-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Hargrave

tube517
09-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Weegie

pczach
09-04-2017, 01:27 PM
You can't really go wrong. Big V would be awesome.

Watt would be great if there were any left on the planet.

Conner just makes too much sense for every reason imaginable.

Burns and Davis are young, athletic, and not going anywhere for a while.

Tuitt is going to be a stud for a long time.

But there's something about a guy that came from a small school nobody ever heard of that gets to the next level and shows signs of being the next great interior defensive lineman. You're sending a message that hard work and perseverance mean everything, and where you come from doesn't matter. It's apple pie and the American way. It's a great life lesson for your son.

Sorry brother. I got carried away! :wink02:

Gravedigger would be a great choice! Plus he has a cool nickname.

steelreserve
09-04-2017, 01:35 PM
Most likely to be a star player AND be on the team for a long time - Tuitt. Most of the others there's some doubt about with one or the other.

Funny thing, when I was in Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago, there was a ton of unsold Bell merchandise front and center in every shop, some of it marked down. Seems nobody wants to buy his jersey when 6 months from now likely the only thing you can do is fart on it.

Everybody and their uncle and their dog was buying TJ Watt jerseys, though.

vasteeler
09-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Why no #7 option?

Drazo85
09-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Boswell!

BurghBoy412
09-04-2017, 02:11 PM
What's a good site for Steelers gear?

Born2Steel
09-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Woodson

43Hitman
09-04-2017, 03:10 PM
What's a good site for Steelers gear?https://shop.steelers.com/?_ga=2.94647452.1071049791.1504547684-8560139.1494277827

- - - Updated - - -

KKKKKKKUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

teegre
09-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Most likely to be a star player AND be on the team for a long time - Tuitt. Most of the others there's some doubt about with one or the other.

Funny thing, when I was in Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago, there was a ton of unsold Bell merchandise front and center in every shop, some of it marked down. Seems nobody wants to buy his jersey when 6 months from now likely the only thing you can do is fart on it.

Everybody and their uncle and their dog was buying TJ Watt jerseys, though.

Back in April, I was in Pittsburgh, and almost bought a Bell jersey. I decided to wait until after the draft... and, considering Bell might be gone next year, I'm glad that I waited (fart rag :lol: ).

- - - Updated - - -

Why no #7 option?

He's three, and already too big for a 4T; I have to get a youth small... which says fits 7-year-olds. So, he will have this jersey for a few seasons...

...and, BB could be gone in a year. Same with Harrison. And, Bell (for different reasons).

teegre
09-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Woodson

My family suggested Lambert or Bleier. :nod:

vasteeler
09-04-2017, 03:53 PM
That makes sense. In that case I would go with Weegie

st33lersguy
09-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Where's the option of a customized "Brady is Gay" jersey? :chuckle:

Mach1
09-04-2017, 08:17 PM
KUHHHN :chuckle:

Can't go wrong with a Lambert. Maybe a Bettis?

Shoes
09-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Watt

- - - Updated - - -

I see.... sold out. I like Big V too.

Im back in Pittsburgh visiting my family & friends and took a quick look in the Steeler Pro Shop near my sisters house. Not a Watt jersey in sight. I'll stop in and check again before we leave.

TR l'll check the kids section for a Watt jersey when I go back to the shop.

86WARD
09-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Pouncey, DeCastro or Harrison.

GBMelBlount
09-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Im back in Pittsburgh visiting my family & friends and took a quick look in the Steeler Pro Shop near my sisters house. Not a Watt jersey in sight. I'll stop in and check again before we leave.

Hell, we live a mile or two from there!

Shoes
09-04-2017, 08:47 PM
Hell, we live a mile or two from there!

The Tanger outlets one?

GBMelBlount
09-04-2017, 08:59 PM
The Tanger outlets one?

Yes, let's do dinner before you go back? How much longer are you here?

teegre
09-04-2017, 09:10 PM
TR l'll check the kids section for a Watt jersey when I go back to the shop.

Man, that would be great!!!

Let me know (I can PM you my adddress & such).

Shoes
09-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Yes, let's do dinner before you go back? How much longer are you here?

Well crap, you must live in the Canonsburg area. We are on a tight schedule but I think Tuesday or Thursday evening would work for us. Our treat! let me know if that will work for you folks.

Shoes
09-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Man, that would be great!!!

Let me know (I can PM you my adddress & such).

I'll probably swing by the shop tomorrow or Wednesday, we fly out on Friday. I can let you know what jerseys are available. What size does he need?

GBMelBlount
09-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Well crap, you must live in the Canonsburg area. We are on a tight schedule but I think Tuesday or Thursday evening would work for us. Our treat! let me know if that will work for you folks.

Yes, Thursday night works. If that works for you I will PM you tomorrow and we figure it out!

Shoes
09-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Yes, Thursday night works. If that works for you I will PM you tomorrow and we figure it out!

Sweet!

teegre
09-04-2017, 10:21 PM
I'll probably swing by the shop tomorrow or Wednesday, we fly out on Friday. I can let you know what jerseys are available. What size does he need?

He's three, but he's already outgrown the 4T (toddler) size. On the website, it lists youth small as the next size up... so, I'll go with that: youth small.

(note: Every other player's jersey is readily available online; the Watt jersey is the one that I can't locate.)

Again, that's so awesome. Thank you.

(I sent you a PM.)

j-d-s
09-05-2017, 01:14 AM
James Harrison

FrancoLambert
09-05-2017, 05:50 AM
Joe Greene

Born2Steel
09-05-2017, 09:06 AM
My family suggested Lambert or Bleier. :nod:

Never wrong to start off with Joe Green.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-05-2017, 10:14 AM
He's three, but he's already outgrown the 4T (toddler) size. On the website, it lists youth small as the next size up... so, I'll go with that: youth small.

(note: Every other player's jersey is readily available online; the Watt jersey is the one that I can't locate.)

Again, that's so awesome. Thank you.

(I sent you a PM.)

The nice thing at that age is you can get him something like a Tuitt or Connor jersey and he will grow out of it in 2 or 3 years anyways, then look at something else again. I got my son a #7 when he was that age, then by the time he got a bit older he wanted a #43. A couple years ago he was out of his Troy jersey and got a #26.

I love the idea of saying Weegie a lot, but I like the look of that #30 Connor jersey, plus I think the kid is gonna be a real gem for the Steelers.

86WARD
09-05-2017, 11:34 AM
I got my kids a Ben and Brown bumblebee jerseys at the end of last season for their birthday this year in October.

Born2Steel
09-05-2017, 11:59 AM
First of all, congrats. He's entering that age where, IMO, kids are the most fun. 4-10 years. After that they change for a while.

Second, depends on the goal here. If you're looking for a jersey for him to grow with, AB, Conner, JuJu, Eli, Bryant, maybe Bell(not looking good long term). These players he will celebrate often. The defensive guys get their names called, just not as much. If you're thinking living legend jersey, Green, TP43, and Woodson top my list.

teegre
09-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Joe Greene

My brother-in-law has that one...

- - - Updated - - -

Never wrong to start off with Joe Green.

...and, we all try to wear different jerseys.

pczach
09-05-2017, 05:11 PM
If you want to go a little retro, I have a Kordell Stewart jersey in my closet that would look fantastic on your son. It's near mint condition. :chuckle:

teegre
09-05-2017, 05:12 PM
If you want to go a little retro, I have a Kordell Stewart jersey in my closet that would look fantastic on your son. It's near mint condition. :chuckle:

Kordell... in the closet.

:nod:

43Hitman
09-05-2017, 05:56 PM

Kordell... in the closet.

:nod:As Jerry Seinfield would say, "Not that there is anything wrong with that." :chuckle:

BnG_Hevn
09-05-2017, 06:12 PM
I'm considering selling my collection.

signed authentic 75 by Joe.
Signed Harrison, Timmons, Woodley and Farrior.

teegre
09-05-2017, 06:15 PM
The nice thing at that age is you can get him something like a Tuitt or Connor jersey and he will grow out of it in 2 or 3 years anyways, then look at something else again. I got my son a #7 when he was that age, then by the time he got a bit older he wanted a #43. A couple years ago he was out of his Troy jersey and got a #26.

Great point. Whatever jersey I choose now, he'll need a new one in two years (so, he'll get to get another player).

Dwinsgames
09-05-2017, 06:26 PM
old school is always cool ,if you go with #20 he is approachable and could easily be an autograph potential for it with Rocky

teegre
09-05-2017, 10:16 PM
First of all, congrats. He's entering that age where, IMO, kids are the most fun. 4-10 years. After that they change for a while.

I try to enjoy every moment right now, because I know that it will indeed change (albeit, I hope not too much).

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-05-2017, 11:10 PM
I try to enjoy every moment right now, because I know that it will indeed change (albeit, I hope not too much).

Great attitude, but embrace the change. I have been where you are approx. 10 years ago and when your son starts quoting some of the great movies like Talladega Nights, Dumb and Dumber, Dodgeball....or starts explaining why he likes playing inside technique in man coverage and outside technique in zone (and he is correct)...the change is awesome as long as you help cultivate the growth correctly. :thumbsup:

86WARD
09-06-2017, 06:28 AM

It goes too fast...way too fast...

43Hitman
09-06-2017, 08:31 AM
Seems like yesterday my son was starting his first day of school. Literally yesterday he started his first day of high school. Time indeed flies

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

teegre
09-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Great attitude, but embrace the change. I have been where you are approx. 10 years ago and when your son starts quoting some of the great movies like Talladega Nights, Dumb and Dumber, Dodgeball....or starts explaining why he likes playing inside technique in man coverage and outside technique in zone (and he is correct)...the change is awesome as long as you help cultivate the growth correctly. :thumbsup:

As my own father has always averred:
"The best age to enjoy your children is the age that they currently are."

You are absolutely correct, because I see my buddy & his son enjoying football (and movies) much differently than my son & I currently do. Although... my son wiping my deodorant on his arm so that he can "be like daddy" makes me go all teary-eyed.

pczach
09-06-2017, 03:51 PM
As my own father has always averred:
"The best age to enjoy your children is the age that they currently are."

You are absolutely correct, because I see my buddy & his son enjoying football (and movies) much differently than my son & I currently do. Although... my son wiping my deodorant on his arm so that he can "be like daddy" makes me go all teary-eyed.

My youngest son just started his senior year of high school.

Time will fly. Enjoy every single minute you can with your kids. It's a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun.

When I think back to the games we played together and the crazy things I did to entertain my kids, I can't help but smile.

Later in life there's a lot of pride watching your kids become young men or women, making good decisions in life, treating people with respect, and starting their own families.

You will always have the memories. You may wonder if they appreciate the things you've done for them, everything you've taught them, and all the time and money that you put into making them happy and giving them the best chance to succeed that you can. Don't worry. They know and they remember.

When you have talks with your son or daughter after they have children, and they are quoting things you said to them or things you did......those are the moments when you understand that everything you did made a difference, and that your kids are sitting in your shoes when you started your family life.

The circle of life.

Enjoy brother!

SteelerCountry58
09-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Go with a all timer, Burgh legend jerseys last forever, I'm partial to Lambert of course ��

teegre
09-06-2017, 07:42 PM
My youngest son just started his senior year of high school.

Time will fly. Enjoy every single minute you can with your kids. It's a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun.

When I think back to the games we played together and the crazy things I did to entertain my kids, I can't help but smile.

Later in life there's a lot of pride watching your kids become young men or women, making good decisions in life, treating people with respect, and starting their own families.

You will always have the memories. You may wonder if they appreciate the things you've done for them, everything you've taught them, and all the time and money that you put into making them happy and giving them the best chance to succeed that you can. Don't worry. They know and they remember.

When you have talks with your son or daughter after they have children, and they are quoting things you said to them or things you did......those are the moments when you understand that everything you did made a difference, and that your kids are sitting in your shoes when you started your family life.

The circle of life.

Enjoy brother!

Wow. This post needs to be pinned; so that I can read it every few weeks... or, you know, like when my son dumps his entire tub of Hot Wheels cars down the stairs. :lol:

Moose
09-08-2017, 05:05 PM
My jersey is good, ole' #58 - Lambert. But, I understand the newer, younger crowd likes active player's so Watt and/or Villanueva would be a good choice. It's just tough getting a jersey only to have that player flipped to another team. My daughter still wear's her Ward jersey.

Born2Steel
09-08-2017, 06:27 PM
The more i think on it, I keep leaning BB or AB. Neither is likely to go anywhere else, and both are putting up hall numbers. I don't see either on your list though. I just don't know enough about Conner to pull that trigger yet. If Tuitt, wait until the new deal gets done. AV is such a great role model AND player. Hargrave, Davis, and Burns, I would wait until they are on their 2nd contracts. I'm really not as high on DeCastro as many are. So....to make a short story longer....I said all that to say I agree with you in leaning toward AV from the list. BB or AB if going off the list.

Born2Steel
09-08-2017, 06:35 PM
My jersey is good, ole' #58 - Lambert. But, I understand the newer, younger crowd likes active player's so Watt and/or Villanueva would be a good choice. It's just tough getting a jersey only to have that player flipped to another team. My daughter still wear's her Ward jersey.

I had Bradshaw as a kid. My current jersey is Woodson #26. I need to get a Lambert #58 AND a Greene #75. My son is TP43 through the roof still. I'm thinking about forcing a Franco #32 on him one day.

teegre
09-08-2017, 10:38 PM
The more i think on it, I keep leaning BB or AB. Neither is likely to go anywhere else, and both are putting up hall numbers. I don't see either on your list though. I just don't know enough about Conner to pull that trigger yet. If Tuitt, wait until the new deal gets done. AV is such a great role model AND player. Hargrave, Davis, and Burns, I would wait until they are on their 2nd contracts. I'm really not as high on DeCastro as many are. So....to make a short story longer....I said all that to say I agree with you in leaning toward AV from the list. BB or AB if going off the list.

BB: I'm afraid BB will retire.

Of course, retirement would be fitting:
My son wore Troy in 2014... retired.
My son wore Heath in 2015 (& 2016)... retired.

AB: My daughter has worn AB for a few years. He is her favorite player.

teegre
09-08-2017, 10:56 PM
I had Bradshaw as a kid.

My first grade picture of me wearing my Bradshaw jersey still hangs in my parents' hallway.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
09-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Show your faith and back up what you say and get him a Hilton. I always like players jerseys that most fans won't have but just me. Anyhow I'm sure what you get your son will be great and brighten his day.

teegre
09-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Show your faith and back up what you say and get him a Hilton. I always like players jerseys that most fans won't have but just me. Anyhow I'm sure what you get your son will be great and brighten his day.

You know what, I had put his jersey in the cart. :nod:

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
09-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Haha and I may have to get my FWP jersey altered to say Watson.