PDA

View Full Version : Steven Johnson signed, Cameron Sutton to IR, and Jordan Dangerfield waived/injured

LLT
09-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Steven Johnson signed, Cameron Sutton to IR, and Jordan Dangerfield waived/injured
Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

The Steelers have signed linebacker Steven Johnson, and placed cornerback Cameron Sutton on the reserve/injured list.
Johnson, who is entering his sixth NFL season, originally signed with the Steelers as an unrestricted free agent in 2016. He signed a one-year contract this offseason.
In his first five seasons, Johnson has played in 63 games, starting five, and has 63 career tackles. Johnson was waived when the Steelers made the mandatory cut to their 53-man roster on Sept. 2.

Read More @
http://www.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-1/Roster-moves-continue-for-Steelers/624605b1-37ad-4ab5-b6ff-72dfdf0cfd14

polamalubeast
09-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Sutton could be back in the middle of the season.

Dwinsgames
09-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Mike Mitchell returned to practice today , the first time in uniform since the 3rd padded practice of training camp

LLT
09-04-2017, 11:45 AM
Sutton could be back in the middle of the season.

If it pans out the way that I think it will.....I can see McCullers OR Johnson being the odd man out when Sutton returns.

steelreserve
09-04-2017, 12:12 PM
If it pans out the way that I think it will.....I can see McCullers OR Johnson being the odd man out when Sutton returns.

By that point, I guarantee someone else will be injured, so it's really anyone's guess who will fit our plans more. If Shazier is doing his Glass Joe impression, we'll probably want linebackers, and McCullers looked just about useless this preseason, so my money would be on him getting dropped if no one else is on IR.

LLT
09-04-2017, 01:56 PM
By that point, I guarantee someone else will be injured....

Fantastic point.

BlackAndGold
09-07-2017, 12:30 AM
Dulac in his chat believes Johnson could get cut again to make room for Bell.

Don't see how he gets a helmet anyway.