PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Roster Cuts: 4 disappointments

hawaiiansteeler
09-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Steelers Roster Cuts: 4 surprises and 4 disappointments on cut down day

The Pittsburgh Steelers have trimmed their roster from 90 to 53, and we cover the biggest surprises, and disappointments, after the dust settled.

by Jeff.Hartman
Sep 2, 2017

In one day, the Pittsburgh Steelers, along with the rest of the NFL, had to make some extremely difficult decisions when it came to trimming their roster. Unlike the past when teams could trim their roster from 90 to 75, and then 75 to 53, this year it was one cut down from 90 to 53.

Disappointments

Senquez Golson — There is no way anyone would rank higher than Golson on the disappointed list. The former 2nd round draft pick played ZERO preseason snaps. Not one. He barely practiced since entering the NFL. As a big supporter of Golson after years one and two, it was time to cut their ties and take their losses with a player riddled with nothing but injuries.

Colin Holba — When you spend a 6th round draft pick on a long snapper, you better hope he makes the team. Unlike the Buccaneers who blew a second round pick on a kicker, the Steelers now look at a wasted pick in Holba after his release. Antonio Brown and Tom Brady are freaks of nature in round six, but this still stings.

Fitzgerald Toussaint — At a time when the running back depth chart was as thin as ever, an injury likely did him in. The lower body injury suffered by Toussaint opened up the door for Terrell Watson to run through it, literally. The man who some remember only for the fumble in Denver in the 2015 playoffs, is now unemployed.

Knile Davis — Davis was supposed to be the primary kick returner, something he excelled at in Kansas City, and a backup running back for the Steelers in 2017. Instead, he was cut due to being ineffective at both positions. Thankfully, the Steelers didn’t put a lot of money into Davis as a free agent acquisition.

Honorable Mention: Demarcus Ayers, David Johnson, Johnny Maxey, Trey Williams

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2017/9/2/16247434/steelers-roster-cuts-biggest-surprises-and-disappointments-on-cut-down-day-dan-mccullers-colin-holba

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
09-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Toussaint just isn't nothing special to say the least. He didn't get beat out because of his injury. He got beat out by a better player and plain and simple. I actually wish he didn't make the practice squad and how much practice does this average player need ?

Golson time to move on and cut ties on a player that can't even make it to a preseason game in his 3rd season.

Knile Davis was a great backup to Jamal Charles and showed nothing here and why he bounce around teams the last couple years.

86WARD
09-03-2017, 09:01 PM
Fitz landed on the PS so,there's that...

09-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Fitz landed on the PS so,there's that... I know and why I said not sure I'm happy with that. WE need to cut all ties with him as well. Guy is average at best and no upside.

09-03-2017, 09:19 PM
He always seems to weasel his not talent arse somehow connected to this team lol. Must have naked pictures of Tomlin, Cowher and Kordell all in a hot tub together.

Ps. I think Blake and now DHB, Golden and L Jones also have those same pics

ALLD
09-03-2017, 09:20 PM
This is the first year in a long time there's no drama on the Steelers with the cuts. If you played well you basically made it whether you have been with the team for a long time or not.

86WARD
09-04-2017, 11:13 AM
This is the first year in a long time there's no drama on the Steelers with the cuts. If you played well you basically made it whether you have been with the team for a long time or not.

I was thinking the same. The only cut I minded was Ayers but there's not room for him over the other guys.

DesertSteel
09-04-2017, 12:56 PM
I was thinking the same. The only cut I minded was Ayers but there's not room for him over the other guys.
I'd hate to see him burn us later with the Patriots :-/