PDA

View Full Version : Next roster move?

polamalubeast
09-03-2017, 06:00 PM
With today's trade, the steelers have 55 players in the roster, including Bell who has not signed yet, but it's a matter of time because the steelers want to put Sutton on IR and that he will be able to return after.

After this move, the steelers will have 54 players, so if no other player goes on IR who will be the player who is going to be cut?

Mojouw
09-03-2017, 06:04 PM
One of these guys is my guess. In no particular order:

Golden - because what does he do better than Mitchell, Davis, or Wilcox?
Dangerfield - same as above
McCullers - Just "meh" as a player. I mean I think we all like the idea of a NT that blots out the sun, but "meh".
Allen - now that the first round of PS signings and releases is over, Allen stands a better chance of sneaking through.

BlackAndGold
09-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Sutton to IR. Dangerfield or McCullers will probably be cut.

43Hitman
09-03-2017, 06:06 PM
One of these guys is my guess. In no particular order:

Golden - because what does he do better than Mitchell, Davis, or Wilcox?
Dangerfield - same as above
McCullers - Just "meh" as a player. I mean I think we all like the idea of a NT that blots out the sun, but "meh".
Allen - now that the first round of PS signings and releases is over, Allen stands a better chance of sneaking through.McCullers or Dagerfield. Isn't Golden a personal protector or up man for ST's?

Mojouw
09-03-2017, 06:09 PM
McCullers or Dagerfield. Isn't Golden a personal protector or up man for ST's?

Yup. I totally forgot about that. yeah, no way he gets cut.

Actually if Robert Golden became the 4th safety and NOT the primary dime back -- I would have no problem with his presence on the roster.

43Hitman
09-03-2017, 06:11 PM
Yup. I totally forgot about that. yeah, no way he gets cut.

Actually if Robert Golden became the 4th safety and NOT the primary dime back -- I would have no problem with his presence on the roster.Me either, he's a liability in any kind of coverage though.

Steelersfan
09-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Me either, he's a liability in any kind of coverage though.

The way they're going, why stop now. Myswell package Big Dan and Dangerfield or Golden and find a diamond in the ruff coverage ILB stud. Mata K looks ok at times but he couldn't cover Jesse James and Shazier playing all season scares me. Still would love a stud ILB at a value. I know, I'm getting greedy now, but they're on a roll...

tube517
09-04-2017, 10:32 AM

86WARD
09-04-2017, 10:37 AM
McCullers or Dagerfield. Isn't Golden a personal protector or up man for ST's?

That was my theory yesterday...Golden is the up man on the punt returns. They cut Davis who would've been the other option there and with a new long snapper, you kinda want that stability there in theory. He's kinda important there.

Mojouw
09-04-2017, 10:57 AM
I think they are still at 54, right?

I know they have a 2 week exemption for Bell, but you figure they activate him for Sunday.

So now who?

FrancoLambert
09-04-2017, 04:39 PM
IMO, Big Dan finally goes.