PDA

View Full Version : So it begins...

Crow-Magnon
09-03-2017, 09:57 AM
Preseason is a distant memory. They all count now.

Unlike in years past, I simply haven't had the time to keep with AFCN happenings as much as I used to. Even some Ravens stuff has escaped my notice. Damned work! So...how do you guys feel about the Steelers chances in 2017? Confident?

Born2Steel
09-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Yes. There is a healthy dose of cautious confidence in Steeler land. Barring the 'injury rash' Steelers should be competitive in every game, and favored in most of them. Good mix of young and veteran. Still some unknowns, but there is confidence in the coaches and FO as well. All in all ready for another historic season.

How about you?

polamalubeast
09-03-2017, 10:07 AM
I do not want to be too confident, but if Ben and the other key players are not missing too many games, it's the first time since a long time that I am convinced that the steelers will win the division.I do not think that another team in this division will win 10 games or more.It only happen in 2004 and 2016 in the Roethlisberger era that no other teams in the AFC north have won 10 games

But winning the division is not our only goal this year!

st33lersguy
09-03-2017, 11:07 AM
I am confident they win the division as long as they are healthy. If Joe Haden can return to pro bowl form, Bud, Burns, and Davis step up, and the team doesn't get hit with injuries then I think they could compete with New England and Oakland in the playoffs. Only concern is the lack of depth at ILB and safety

Shoes
09-03-2017, 11:13 AM
My confidence will be strengthened if the Steelers can beat the bad teams they usually lose to. What are your thoughts on the Ravens Crow?

BurghBoy412
09-03-2017, 11:16 AM
My confidence will be strengthened if the Steelers can beat the bad teams they usually lose to. What are your thoughts on the Ravens?Offensively they are mediocre at best. Defensively I've heard they are strong as usual.

teegre
09-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Preseason is a distant memory.

Thank God!!!
--the Ravens medical staff

RunNGun
09-03-2017, 11:40 AM
I am a cautious confident like many others. Excited about the new additions and the growth of our youngsters, but I can't remember the last time the Steelers had as significant signing as Haden. A very non Steeler like offseason which is what makes me cautious. If Haden performs like they want and the injury bug doesn't bite us I think the divison is ours.

FrancoLambert
09-03-2017, 12:14 PM
The Ravens are putting together a patchwork O-line to protect "Bad Back Jump Ball Joey."
They are weak at RB.
Their offense shouldn't scare anybody.
Yet, when they see the Black and Gold none of that seems to matter.
Their defense, kicking game, and special teams will keep them in most games.

st33lersguy
09-03-2017, 12:22 PM
I hear their defense is solid, and of course Tucker is the best kicker in the league right now, but that offense looks bad

ALLD
09-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Start with the Browns and look to improve every week until we get home field advantage.

Crow-Magnon
09-03-2017, 01:51 PM
Thank God!!!
--the Ravens medical staff

LMAO! Ain't THAT the truth!

The Ravens defense looks very solid. The offense is iffy. If Flacco is not truly ready, or gets popped and reinjures his back, they are doomed. The running game does not look all that deep, as does production from the TE position. The OL, of which I was most concerned about, has played better than I thought they would. Although it's tough to tell from preseason.

But that defense looks pretty stout.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
09-03-2017, 01:54 PM
Ravens D should be good if the rookies catch on quick. There whole draft this year was basically defense.

polamalubeast
09-03-2017, 01:57 PM
I agree with the defense of the Ravens, very good chance that this defense be great.

But I am worried about their offense.