PDA

View Full Version : Cocky in the Locky

GBMelBlount
09-03-2017, 05:57 AM
It was mentioned in an article recently that there are a lot of big egos in the Steelers' locker room.

Personally, I think it is a big factor with regard to team chemistry and success.

I also think that some coaches are much better at managing the locker room than others.

I am curious what your thoughts are on how important the "locker room" is to a team's success and

if you have any thoughts on how well you think Tomlin does in this regard?

polamalubeast
09-03-2017, 07:19 AM
The steelers are one of the best teams for managing adversity and drama and I give credit to Tomlin on it.

Shoes
09-03-2017, 07:34 AM
Let James Harrison take care of the locker room.

86WARD
09-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Locker room is extremely important to a teams success.

SteelerFanInStl
09-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Why would anyone listen to anything that Colin Cowturd says?

polamalubeast
09-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Why would anyone listen to anything that Colin Cowturd says?

It was just funny!

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-03-2017, 09:28 AM
What addition has been made in the locker room this year compared to last season which makes the player interaction a concern?? Joe Haden, TJ Watt?, Justin Hunter, Coty Sensabaugh? Maybe its James Connor?

I guess if the return of Martavis Bryant concerns some, that is one thing, but I honestly am not banking on him being with the steelers for the full 16 games. This is pretty much a non story.

Steeldude
09-03-2017, 09:32 AM
A big problem with the Steelers, under Tomlin, has been discipline. Do fans have a short memory? Brown taking pics comes to mind. The dancing on the field being more important than the next play. Ever wonder why Tomlin has a poor record vs poor teams?

Yep, I am a grumpy old man who believes you celebrate when the mission is accomplished. You win as a team.

polamalubeast
09-03-2017, 09:38 AM
A big problem with the Steelers, under Tomlin, has been discipline. Do fans have a short memory? Brown taking pics comes to mind. The dancing on the field being more important than the next play. Ever wonder why Tomlin has a poor record vs poor teams?

Yep, I am a grumpy old man who believes you celebrate when the mission is accomplished. You win as a team.

Remember the celebration of Joey Porter(with William Gay)on the sideline...It was funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdCZIrJBYHw

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-03-2017, 09:57 AM
Remember the celebration of Joey Porter(with William Gay)on the sideline...It was funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdCZIrJBYHw

IDK, I just found that one dumb and excessive. Wasn't it actually on a play that was called back anyways, so he got a penalty for celebrating a TD that didn't stay on the board?

I enjoyed the creativity of some of the greats like Chad Johnson, Butch Johnson, Billy White Shoes and Hingle McCringleberry, but #22 celebrations are just dumb IMO.

polamalubeast
09-03-2017, 10:09 AM
IDK, I just found that one dumb and excessive. Wasn't it actually on a play that was called back anyways, so he got a penalty for celebrating a TD that didn't stay on the board?

I enjoyed the creativity of some of the greats like Chad Johnson, Butch Johnson, Billy White Shoes and Hingle McCringleberry, but #22 celebrations are just dumb IMO.

The TD was good...It was in the playoffs in Cincinnati that his TD was not good.

FrancoLambert
09-03-2017, 10:11 AM
The locker room chemistry doesn't become an issue if you have leaders who demand accountability....to your teammates and the team.
When you have a bunch of individuals and no clear cut leaders, trouble develops.

I wonder how Joe Greene or Jack Lambert would have handled the AB locker room/face time incident? :salute:

teegre
09-03-2017, 10:27 AM
I wonder how Joe Greene or Jack Lambert would have handled the AB locker room/face time incident? :salute:

Joe would have stormed out of the lockerroom & quit the team, needing to have been convinced by a position coach to come back in.

Lambert would have snuck out after curfew and shown up hungover.

(Both are true.)

FrancoLambert
09-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Joe would have stormed out of the lockerroom & quit the team, needing to have been convinced by a position coach to come back in.

Lambert would have snuck out after curfew and shown up hungover.

(Both are true.)

Joe wanted to quit because he was tired of the team underperforming and not playing up to its potential.

Lambert did whatever the hell he wanted to do and couldn't give a damn what anyone else thought.

I think both of them would have had a one-on-one talk with AB about locker room discipline and showing respect to your your coach when he's addressing the team postgame.

Mojouw
09-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Ooooohhhhhh. Look! A cloud! I think I'll yell at it.

tube517
09-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Joe wanted to quit because he was tired of the team underperforming and not playing up to its potential.

Lambert did whatever the hell he wanted to do and couldn't give a damn what anyone else thought.

I think both of them would have had a one-on-one talk with AB about locker room discipline and showing respect to your your coach when he's addressing the team postgame.

Lambert didn't like anyone and would've told AB that he deserved his 6th round pick and that he (Lambert) was better. (He told that to Swann :chuckle:)