PDA

View Full Version : I gotta Feeling

GBMelBlount
08-30-2017, 06:27 PM
With the recent additions at TE and CB we are arguably as good or better at every position this year.

We also have a very young and hungry team.

I feel as though the pieces are there, barring injuries,

to have 2 - 3 years with a strong shot at knocking off the Patriots and taking home some Lombardis.

The key, IMO, is Ben and how quickly this defense gels.

I am really excited for this season.

What are your thoughts?

P.S. - Hats off to Tomlin and the FO.

BlackAndGold
08-30-2017, 06:32 PM
Anytime a team makes "all in" moves it's exciting.

Haden has has some injury concerns the past two year but I'm hoping this is like Charles Woodson after leaving the Raiders to join GB after many said he was done after dealing with injuries and lack luster play.

Mojouw
08-30-2017, 06:32 PM
With the recent additions at TE and CB we are arguably as good or better at every position this year.

We also have a very young and hungry team.

I feel as though the pieces are there, barring injuries,

to have 2 - 3 years with a strong shot at knocking off the Patriots and taking home some Lombardis.

The key, IMO, is Ben and how quickly this defense gels.

I am really excited for this season.

What are your thoughts?

P.S. - Hats off to Tomlin and the FO.

I'm over the moon on the potential of this roster.

The only thing missing from the current team that the last SB core had was 1-2 just money in the bank playmakers on defense.

Troy P, prime James Harrison, Aaron Smith, Joey Porter, etc.

This defense needs someone to step up and be the guy that the other 10 guys look at in the huddle and say "wonder what ridiculous shit he's gonna do next?"

Several players appear capable of that level of play - it just needs to happen.

My money is on Ryan Shazier.

JayC
08-30-2017, 06:40 PM
I love that we finally went all in on a big name free agent, hope he stays healthy

Dwinsgames
08-30-2017, 06:41 PM
while I may believe the amount of improvement is over blown at TE

and I worry about just how healthy our new CB may be

its really hard to not tip the cap at the front office for recognizing deficiencies in the roster and doing the best they could to at the very least mask them and potentially eliminate them ...

it also scares me because it is so out of character for this team to make such moves late in the game like this ...

makes me wonder if its a this year of bust with Ben but that is a whole other topic ...

polamalubeast
08-30-2017, 06:46 PM
The only position where the steelers are worse than last year on paper is the ILB because of the loss of Timmons

For the rest, we are the same or better!

43Hitman
08-30-2017, 06:51 PM
The only position where the steelers are worse than last year on paper is the ILB because of the loss of Timmons

For the rest, we are the same or better!Like T said in another thread, if VW is our weak link....Then Shoooooooooot I'll take that everyday and twice on Sunday.

Iron Steeler
08-30-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm over the moon on the potential of this roster.

The only thing missing from the current team that the last SB core had was 1-2 just money in the bank playmakers on defense.

Troy P, prime James Harrison, Aaron Smith, Joey Porter, etc.

This defense needs someone to step up and be the guy that the other 10 guys look at in the huddle and say "wonder what ridiculous shit he's gonna do next?"

Several players appear capable of that level of play - it just needs to happen.

My money is on Ryan Shazier.

I also would place a bet on TJ Watt

43Hitman
08-30-2017, 06:59 PM
So I guess the 27M bought the Brown's new defensive playbook too? I'm with Mojouw, I'm over the moon with the potential of this team over the next few years. I think they just bought a few more years on Ben too.

tube517
08-30-2017, 07:10 PM

its really hard to not tip the cap at the front office for recognizing deficiencies in the roster and doing the best they could to at the very least mask them and potentially eliminate them ...

it also scares me because it is so out of character for this team to make such moves late in the game like this ...

makes me wonder if its a this year of bust with Ben but that is a whole other topic ...

This. The trade for Boykin really was a start of a new type of mindframe that we have not seen in the front office.

pczach
08-30-2017, 07:14 PM
No matter how this season turns out.........Hats off to the front office for going for it.

How many years have we dreamed of a big FA signing that never happened?

Clearly, they know they have a few more years with Ben, and they are loading up the roster. Even if it all turns to shit, they should be applauded for trying to put as much talent on the field as possible to win more Super Bowls.

My only concern is that the signing of Haden may cost them a young CB or two. Will they keep Gay and Cockrell to keep the experienced group for the run, and have guys like Hilton and Allen try to survive on the way to the practice squad?

Or......Do they cut Gay and Cockrell and keep the inexperienced, but young, fast, and talented kids?

Or is it something in between?

I guess it's a good problem to have, but I really want to see some of these kids play. Now that they added Haden, they have added the experienced pro that can give sage advice to the young talent. I guess we'll see it all play out very soon and know the answers to my questions.

st33lersguy
08-30-2017, 07:44 PM
If Haden can return to pro bowl form, then this will be a team that's hard to beat come playoff time.

GBMelBlount
08-30-2017, 08:47 PM

makes me wonder if it's a this year of bust with Ben but that is a whole other topic ...

I agree.

However, I think it is a calculated risk to maximize our chances of winning another lombardi with Ben.

They have made some shrewd signings so this hopefully does not leverage our future, as some our last, post superbowl contracts, did.

Psycho Ward 86
08-30-2017, 09:11 PM
Not at long snapper we arent

#noplayoffs

tube517
08-31-2017, 04:58 AM
Not at long snapper we arent

#noplayoffs

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbettQ7cN0echt5u0PM7GFB3DoZcRpL f0ww2d251WGYfluL8py :chuckle:

polamalubeast
08-31-2017, 05:55 AM
Maybe the most talented Steelers team in the Roethlisberger era!

RunNGun
08-31-2017, 09:50 AM
I like the signing of Haden. I really believe it will help us out, but it's definitely alarming that the worst team in the league doesn't want him.

salamander
08-31-2017, 10:18 AM
I like the signing of Haden. I really believe it will help us out, but it's definitely alarming that the worst team in the league doesn't want him.

I believe someone mentioned something in the other thread, but they wanted him to take a pay cut and he wouldn't so they cut him.

Rotorhead
08-31-2017, 10:20 AM
Well, if we can pull out a SB win this year, I think Ben will stick around for the rest of his contract, he will have the chance to win 2 more after that. We have the talent and team and key players signed now to contend for the next 3 titles. As our offense starts winding down, our Def will start dominating again.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-31-2017, 10:59 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbettQ7cN0echt5u0PM7GFB3DoZcRpL f0ww2d251WGYfluL8py :chuckle:

Vance McDonald can long snap too. Colbert=ninja

86WARD
08-31-2017, 11:00 AM
Timmons to Williams doesn't do it for me.

tube517
08-31-2017, 11:14 AM
Vance McDonald can long snap too. Colbert=ninja

El Gonzo!