PDA

View Full Version : Bell wants 17M?

43Hitman
08-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Well, I知 not really sure what to make of this latest video from Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le歎eon Bell so maybe all of you can help me out with it.
I知 guessing that Bell is trying to tell us that his price tag has now gone from $15 million per season to $17 million. I知 also not really sure why Bell made sure to specifically tag Antonio Brown, Bud Dupree, Ryan Shazier, James Harrison and Vince Williams in this tweet as well.

Read more here: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/video-leveon-bell-now-want-17-million-per-season/

What is the actual hell is going on with this guy? I would think if this means what it appears to mean, we're tagging that ass again next year and sayin' see ya!

polamalubeast
08-30-2017, 05:21 PM
It was a joke,but still.....

43Hitman
08-30-2017, 05:25 PM
It was a joke,but still.....Well shit. Why not keep this stuff in a private message, giving fans like me a heart attack. lol

AtlantaDan
08-30-2017, 05:34 PM
It was a joke,but still.....

He has been known to tweet contract demands that turned out to be his actual bottom line :coffee:

Bell also hopes to cash in with the Steelers. He even has a number in mind.
"I'm at the top and if not I'm the closest," Bell rapped in his song 'Focus (https://soundcloud.com/juice-915038000/focus-juice).'
"I'ma need 15 a year and they know this."

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2016/07/04/Pittsburgh-Steelers-LeVeon-Bell-asks-for-15-million-a-year-in-song/1731467656595/

Bell is the equivalent of a high maintenance girlfriend - lots of upside to the relationship but often wondering if the constant drama is worth it

lipps83
08-30-2017, 05:37 PM
Not worth it.

teegre
08-30-2017, 05:40 PM
Next April...

Sign him to a 3 year/$60 million contract... and immediately trade him to the team with the #1 overall pick.

BlackAndGold
08-30-2017, 05:44 PM
It's a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Next April...

Sign him to a 3 year/$60 million contract... and immediately trade him to the team with the #1 overall pick.

Jets/Bills/49ers say nope.

43Hitman
08-30-2017, 05:46 PM
Well if he is trolling, which is what it appears to be now. Why? I mean you gotta know if your Bell that as fans we're on edge. Why poke the bear? Even if this is a joke, its not going to land on Steeler Nation very well. Very poor judgement on his part.

teegre
08-30-2017, 05:47 PM
It's a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Jets/Bills/49ers say nope.

$15 million was also a "joke".

Probably so. But, they have the cap space... and the draft pick that I cover.

BlackAndGold
08-30-2017, 06:06 PM
$15 million was also a "joke".

Probably so. But, they have the cap space... and the draft pick that I cover.

Vince Williams even said it was a joke on twitter.

Bell wanted more guaranteed money.

steelreserve
08-30-2017, 07:07 PM
Next April...

That would've worked when the Raiders were the perennial conference doormats, but now that they've improved they don't have the guaranteed top-3 pick, and now that Senile Al is in the dirt, I don't know of another team who's that outright foolish.

Iron Steeler
08-30-2017, 07:10 PM
is instagram account is totally blank om posts

BurghBoy412
08-30-2017, 07:14 PM
Bell brings home a Super Bowl I bet he gets $16 mil. You're going to lose one big salary when Ben hangs it up and the QB you draft to take over for him will be getting paid via the rookie wage scale. You'll pretty much be swapping Ben's contract for Bell's. Which should be a few mil cheaper per year.

Shoes
08-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Lets start by staying healthy for one season blabber mouth.

fansince'76
08-30-2017, 08:14 PM
Put "want" in one hand and :poop: in the other and watch which one fills up faster...

salamander
08-30-2017, 08:18 PM
I am REALLY starting to dislike this asshole. I really hope he doesn't become a cancer in the locker room if/when he decides it's convenient for him to show up to the team.

Dwinsgames
08-30-2017, 08:34 PM
if I am honest I would love to see him sign his Tag and immediately be on the trade block the guy has CANCER written all over him

AtlantaDan
08-30-2017, 08:45 PM
What is the actual hell is going on with this guy?

Maybe Bell has heard that no great Pittsburgh ballplayer antagonized the local fanbase more than Barry Bonds before he left town for the big payday and Bell wants to surpass Bonds for that title before Bell also moves on?:noidea:

His agent needs to tell him to cut the crap - Bell is projecting the attitude it's all about the Benjamins and I will quit once I get mine - not a good look for GMs who do not want to commit career suicide by botching a huge FA signing

JayC
08-30-2017, 09:13 PM
i really really hate social media. i love Bell the football player, can't stand his antics on social media and rap career

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
08-30-2017, 09:20 PM
Next April...

Sign him to a 3 year/$60 million contract... and immediately trade him to the team with the #1 overall pick. Team with the overall draft pick will be keeping there pick to take a QB. Might have a chance trading him to the Browns since they have two 1's and if Kizer is decent they won't be going QB.

08-30-2017, 09:26 PM
Of course it's the Browns and most likely will have to spend one of there 1's on a QB.

Mojouw
08-30-2017, 09:47 PM
i really really hate social media. i love Bell the football player, can't stand his antics on social media and rap career
Its super easy to ignore. Ive never once seen or heard Bell rap. I have not read or looked at a single thing that Bell has put on instatwitsnapabook.

I read and look at what other people put on all those things, but I dont bother with fools and idiots.

I don't get why anyone checks that nonsense out.

salamander
08-30-2017, 09:49 PM
Its super easy to ignore. Ive never once seen or heard Bell rap. I have not read or looked at a single thing that Bell has put on instatwitsnapabook.

I read and look at what other people put on all those things, but I dont bother with fools and idiots.

I don't get why anyone checks that nonsense out.

I fully blame social media for the dumbing down of our society in general.

Mojouw
08-30-2017, 09:51 PM
I also think players have WAAAAAAYYYY different takes on all this stuff than fans do. Fans care, players don't.

I think most support Bells contract demands and holdout. They are not gonna care as long as he balls out when he shows up.

Say what you want about Bell, but when not suspended or hurt he is one of the 10 best players in the league. That is iikely all his teammates care about.

Charles Haley used to masturbate and stab dudes in the locker room. Guess what, no one cared because he was a dominant defensive force on the field.

08-30-2017, 09:56 PM
I also think players have WAAAAAAYYYY different takes on all this stuff than fans do. Fans care, players don't.

I think most support Bells contract demands and holdout. They are not gonna care as long as he balls out when he shows up.

Say what you want about Bell, but when not suspended or hurt he is one of the 10 best players in the league. That is iikely all his teammates care about.

Charles Haley used to masturbate and stab dudes in the locker room. Guess what, no one cared because he was a dominant defensive force on the field. No one cared accept the player that got stabbed and masturbated on.

Mojouw
08-30-2017, 10:02 PM
No one cared accept the player that got stabbed and masturbated on.

Well, sure. If you want to get all nitpicky. I mean geez. :wink02:

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. So do I. But you can ignore most of it. Or at least you can kinda weed out the hyper dumb.

Just cause its out there doesn't mean you have to click on it.

08-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Well, sure. If you want to get all nitpicky. I mean geez. :wink02: Lol was cool Charles deemed him stab worthy and etc.

AtlantaDan
08-30-2017, 10:09 PM

Say what you want about Bell, but when not suspended or hurt he is one of the 10 best players in the league. That is likely all his teammates care about.

Charles Haley used to masturbate and stab dudes in the locker room. Guess what, no one cared because he was a dominant defensive force on the field.

Players always want everyone to get paid since they are not writing the checks - at least until they get released because the salary cap is shot due to some players getting overpaid and it is cheaper to replace a journeyman with a rookie, as is discussed in this column about Haden being released

The NFL’s middle class is still shrinking (https://www.theringer.com/2017/3/16/16077530/nfl-free-agency-players-losing-leverage-864759d6cbdb). With salaries for the best NFL players skyrocketing (https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/8/28/16219050/matthew-stafford-record-breaking-nfl-deal) and young players serving as cheap labor, teams have saved on the salary cap by carving out the veteran talents caught in the middle. And with teams cutting their rosters down from 90 players to 53 before next week’s games, it’s a scary time of year to be a part of that middle tier.

Cornerback Joe Haden is the latest player to fall victim to this trend. Cleveland released one of the best Browns of the past two decades on Wednesday as part of its major youth movement....

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/8/30/16227826/joe-haden-released-by-browns

True with regard to Haley - fans would cheer Charles Manson or the Unabomber if they delivered a championship

With regard to Bell being great when he is not hurt or suspended for weed, unfortunately he was hurt and out for the 2014 playoffs, hurt and out for the 2015 playoffs, and hurt and out after the first series of the 2016 seasons AFC championship game

Joe Starkey summed it up

Including playoffs, the Steelers have played 70 games since they drafted Le’Veon Bell. He has played in 50 of them. Actually, if you strike last year’s AFC title game, and you really should, Bell has participated meaningfully in 49 of those 70.

He has essentially missed 30 percent of his team’s games

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2017/07/18/joe-starkey-mailbag-le-veon-bell-contract-franchise-tag-steelers-nfl/stories/201707180109

Big elephant in the room when it comes to Bell contending he is the best RB in football and wants the big payday with guaranteed signing bonus for a multi-year contract

Drazo85
08-30-2017, 10:23 PM
It's oficial. This guy is an idiot!

Shoes
08-30-2017, 10:31 PM
It's oficial. This guy is an idiot!

:lol:

Count Steeler
08-31-2017, 04:36 AM
Keep him away from Bryant. No unsupervised trips in vehicles with windows rolled down.

I think Bell has moved on from weed to something stronger.

Steeldude
08-31-2017, 01:20 PM
When Bell signs the one year franchise contract, can the Steelers trade him?

tube517
08-31-2017, 01:26 PM

I believe so. I think Matt Cassel was franchised by the Cheats** before being traded to KC.

Also, KC did that to Jared Allen before trading him to the Vikings.

Not sure if the rules have changed since.

teegre
08-31-2017, 02:04 PM

I was wondering the same thing.

08-31-2017, 02:12 PM
I was wondering the same thing. No way they trade him this year but could see them tag him again next year and draft a rb in the 2nd. Then it's very possible.

teegre
08-31-2017, 02:18 PM
No way they trade him this year but could see them tag him again next year and draft a rb in the 2nd. Then it's very possible.

He will be a Steeler this season... and probably next season.

Even if they could trade him, he'd have to have signed the tag first... and that wouldn't happen until AFTER the draft (July deadline)... or, as this year is any indicator, not until September. So, it is not likely that Bell gets traded.

Of course, they could tag him and then trade him for a pick on the 2019 draft... but... with BB's window closing, we need picks or players NOW.

SUMMATION:
Colbert will likely tag Bell two years in a row, and then let him walk.

08-31-2017, 02:28 PM
Yep smart thing would be to tag him again next year then let him walk. Depends how much distraction he will be after getting tagged again. I could see them out right releasing him next year. Kinda like the Santino Holmes deal where they traded him for next two nothing.

Born2Steel
08-31-2017, 02:31 PM
I don't believe we get anything for Bell at this point. He either gets his wheels ran off, or he's off the field due to injury. Either way, nobody's going to take him and his salary "needs" on a trade. I think Colbert lets him walk after this season. Not moneyball, but we can fill up the RB corps on $15M-$17M per season. Love the skills, love the plays, but all good things must end.

ALLD
08-31-2017, 02:48 PM
Vince Williams even said it was a joke on twitter.

Bell wanted more guaranteed money.

If Bell wasn't a pothead he would have got more guaranteed.

Rotorhead
08-31-2017, 03:34 PM
I am good with a tag this year and a tag next year. I think if Ben get another ring this season, and looks at the team seeing a better defense and basically the same offense he will stick it out. Would be great to have him get 5 rings, then all the Brady BS talk can just shut the hell up!

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-31-2017, 04:39 PM

I agree with ya. The "Information age" started getting dumbed down by misinformation of bloggers a decade ago and now it leads to the fact that anybody in the world with wifi can have a dumb opinion heard.

One of the greatest things I teach my kids is showing them some of the absurdity online and that just because something is on the internet, doesn't mean it is of value....let alone true.

I hope #26 is smarter in real life than what he is presenting here. Making money is one thing, but accumulating and holding onto it is another. Guys like Clinton Portis and Andre Rison are broke, while the biggest clown in the NFL...Gronk is actually smart with his $$

tube517
08-31-2017, 06:12 PM
I agree with ya. The "Information age" started getting dumbed down by misinformation of bloggers a decade ago and now it leads to the fact that anybody in the world with wifi can have a dumb opinion heard.

One of the greatest things I teach my kids is showing them some of the absurdity online and that just because something is on the internet, doesn't mean it is of value....let alone true.

I hope #26 is smarter in real life than what he is presenting here. Making money is one thing, but accumulating and holding onto it is another. Guys like Clinton Portis and Andre Rison are broke, while the biggest clown in the NFL...Gronk is actually smart with his $$

Exactly, DHB was also smart to invest his money that he earned in his Raider days. He needs to start his own financial advising business.

st33lersguy
08-31-2017, 06:36 PM
$17 million is not happening. If he is indeed looking for that now, Dan Snyder can have him

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-31-2017, 07:05 PM
Exactly, DHB was also smart to invest his money that he earned in his Raider days. He needs to start his own financial advising business.

That is right!! DHB is really smart with his cash. He will have more $ in 10 years from now than Mike Wallace will I bet. There is an ex player at the NFL rookie symposium that is a financial planner and I bet only 10% of the guys listen to him. SMH

j-d-s
08-31-2017, 09:54 PM
Remember, we can tag Le'Veon next year again for 14.5 million and in two years it would be 20.9 million.

DesertSteel
08-31-2017, 11:56 PM
My dream scenario is for Bell to suck to the tune of 3.8 YPC and gain 850ish yards and the Steelers win the Super Bowl. That'd be awesome.

BlackAndGold
09-01-2017, 02:30 AM
"does Leveon Bell not realize that people arent going to buy his shitty music? shut up and get your ass back on the field."

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0K4n2kd6Erue9XLq/giphy.gif

teegre
09-01-2017, 06:41 AM
My dream scenario is for Bell to suck to the tune of 3.8 YPC and gain 850ish yards and the Steelers win the Super Bowl. That'd be awesome.

I get what you're saying... but...

I want Le'Veon to have stats like LaDainian in 2006 (heck, I'll take 2/3 of that production), plus a three-TD SuperBowl performance (a game which we win by double digits). Then, I want him to to the same for us the following season. I want two amaaazing seasons from him... and then, he can become a seventh-year free agent.

DesertSteel
09-01-2017, 07:42 AM
I get what you're saying... but...

I want Le'Veon to have stats like LaDainian in 2006 (heck, I'll take 2/3 of that production), plus a three-TD SuperBowl performance (a game which we win by double digits). Then, I want him to to the same for us the following season. I want two amaaazing seasons from him... and then, he can become a seventh-year free agent.
I used to want that. Now I've just come to dislike him. I just want us to win the super bowl and I'd be happier if he had less to do with it.

AtlantaDan
09-01-2017, 09:34 AM
I used to want that. Now I've just come to dislike him. I just want us to win the super bowl and I'd be happier if he had less to do with it.

Here is his latest trolling effort

Le'Veon Bell (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15825/leveon-bell) has kept his social media accounts quite interesting leading up to his inevitable reporting to the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers) to sign his franchise tender. He's play-beefed with teammates over rap bars (http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/24877/teammates-leveon-bell-and-bud-dupree-trade-bars-and-barbs), congratulated his general manager on a new extension and is now on the job market.

Bell commented on a video of him applying for a job at Dairy Queen. ...
Bell said during the video that he's "jobless right now."

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/24890/leveon-bell-keeps-options-open-applies-for-dairy-queen-job

I suppose this is a lot funnier when you are baked

steel striker
09-01-2017, 10:11 AM
He is the best all around RB in the game but, no way he gets 17 mil per year. Oh wait maybe Dan Synder Washington Redskins would over pay for him! LOL

Hawkman
09-01-2017, 11:31 AM
He is the best all around RB in the game but, no way he gets 17 mil per year. Oh wait maybe Dan Synder Washington Redskins would over pay for him! LOL

You laugh.......:heh:

Born2Steel
09-01-2017, 11:38 AM
I think I want $17M a year too.

steelreserve
09-01-2017, 12:01 PM

The two would be hard to do together. Why not have him get back-to-back 2,000-yard seasons and two Super Bowls, then he gets busted smoking dope again and banned for a whole year?

BnG_Hevn
09-01-2017, 04:42 PM
if I am honest I would love to see him sign his Tag and immediately be on the trade block the guy has CANCER written all over him
I second that. Not worth it IMO. If he was able to play through games where he is really needed, ala NE game last playoffs, and do well that is another story. I REALLY hope the Steelers can see past this.

DesertSteel
09-01-2017, 04:50 PM
The two would be hard to do together. Why not have him get back-to-back 2,000-yard seasons and two Super Bowls, then he gets busted smoking dope again and banned for a whole year?
Because it's a better dream without his head getting any bigger during the next 2 years. I'll be happy if his performance leads to wins, but I'm no longer happy for him personally. He's a troll and an ego maniac. Not to mention stupid for passing up the best contract he'll ever see.

BurghBoy412
09-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Because it's a better dream without his head getting any bigger during the next 2 years. I'll be happy if his performance leads to wins, but I'm no longer happy for him personally. He's a troll and an ego maniac. Not to mention stupid for passing up the best contract he'll ever see.Enter Derrius Guice
https://youtu.be/73aKs9kTNKA

steelreserve
09-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Because it's a better dream without his head getting any bigger during the next 2 years. I'll be happy if his performance leads to wins, but I'm no longer happy for him personally. He's a troll and an ego maniac. Not to mention stupid for passing up the best contract he'll ever see.

As long as he's playing, he's going to be just as full of himself no matter what. So might as well get the most out of it, is what I say. Two Super Bowls would be better than one, unless we could find a way to win one without him, then fuck 'im.

If it helps, the future scenario can include him squandering all the money he'd make from the back-to-back franchise tags on some failed record label and everyone laughing at him for being a dumbass.

Shoes
09-01-2017, 06:00 PM
We've been waiting for you Le'Veon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWwKLz63EC8

DesertSteel
09-01-2017, 10:20 PM
As long as he's playing, he's going to be just as full of himself no matter what. So might as well get the most out of it, is what I say. Two Super Bowls would be better than one, unless we could find a way to win one without him, then fuck 'im.

If it helps, the future scenario can include him squandering all the money he'd make from the back-to-back franchise tags on some failed record label and everyone laughing at him for being a dumbass.
Patriots won without Gronk. The Steelers can do it without Bell. The sun doesn't rise and set based on him.

Craic
09-02-2017, 04:13 PM
Enter Derrius Guice
https://youtu.be/73aKs9kTNKA

College is one thing and the NFL another, but I'll say this for him, he has a top gear that he hits in open field. It's the one thing that Bell is lacking.

Steeldude
09-02-2017, 05:55 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

What I am afraid of is Bell taking it easy if the Steelers give him a big contract. I really do think he is the type of person to sit back and coast after getting his big money contract.

BurghBoy412
09-02-2017, 06:25 PM
College is one thing and the NFL another, but I'll say this for him, he has a top gear that he hits in open field. It's the one thing that Bell is lacking.
I've always been a fan of the "home run hitter" RB. They could use a Fast Wille 2.0

Dwinsgames
09-02-2017, 06:34 PM
https://twitter.com/Dwinsgames/status/904124613361356801

(https://twitter.com/Dwinsgames/status/904124613361356801) James C Wexell‏ @jimwexell (https://twitter.com/jimwexell)

Steelers still need to make another move when/if LeVeon Bell is added.

4:52 PM - 2 Sep 2017

(https://twitter.com/Dwinsgames/status/904124613361356801)

BlackAndGold
09-02-2017, 07:21 PM
What I am afraid of is Bell taking it easy if the Steelers give him a big contract. I really do think he is the type of person to sit back and coast after getting his big money contract.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/2121665256_c1901f91a4.jpg

Come on now...

I understand thinking that when a player does nothing until his contract year. Bell acts and works like he's the best in the NFL at his position.

DesertSteel
12-24-2017, 04:46 PM
Gurley asserting himself as the best back in the league has reduced Bell's negotiating power IMO. He basically is Bell with speed to go the distance.