PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mitchell plans to play Steelers' season opener vs. Cleveland Browns

polamalubeast
08-29-2017, 05:42 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Mike Mitchell plans to play the Cleveland Browns when the Pittsburgh Steelers open the season on Sept. 10.

He said so on Tuesday after the Steelers' final full practice of the preseason. Mitchell missed all of team practice at training camp from July 30 onward in Latrobe, where he was seen with the upper-left part of his leg wrapped.

The first-string safety hasn't played in any of the Steelers' first three preseason games and noted it would be arrogant to assume he could jump back into playing without any football practice. He's doing more in his rehab work each day, he said, but refuses to repeat past errors of practicing and playing hurt.

"You can't just continue to make the same mistakes. I did this thing with a worse injury my first year and at the end of the day no one gives a damn, you know, if you're hurt and you go out there and play they're only going to judge you by how you play," Mitchell said. "So I'm taking my time and making sure that I'm right."

read more

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/08/mike_mitchell_cleveland.html

ALLD
08-29-2017, 09:04 PM
Sounds like Mike's body is breaking down. We might be seeing his last season.

polamalubeast
08-29-2017, 09:05 PM
Sounds like Mike's body is breaking down. We might be seeing his last season.

Too early to say that...

st33lersguy
08-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Just keep Robert Gilded off the field

ALLD
08-29-2017, 09:50 PM
Isn't he coming off a torn groin too?

SteelMayhem72
08-29-2017, 10:42 PM
He will be dog shit if he starts. Thank God we have the browns.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

tube517
08-29-2017, 10:48 PM
Too early to say that...

He's had a history of injuries though. To his credit, he plays through them. But he's 30 now.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2016/6/1/11827878/steelers-safety-mike-mitchells-laundry-list-of-injuries-speaks

Those aren't your typical pulled hamstrings either. Those are injuries which could have players miss a significant amount playing time. With that said, it should be noted Mitchell hasn't missed a game due to injury since signing with Pittsburgh.

"If I can drag myself out there, I am going to play," Mitchell told Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "(Art) Rooney pays me to play 16 games, so I am going to play 16 games. If I can go out there, I am going to go out there. I know a lot of guys with the injuries that I have had would definitely miss significant time. I can honestly say that I haven't missed a game. I played through everything."

AtlantaDan
08-29-2017, 11:05 PM
Hopefully this is not a repeat of the will he or won't he play dramas such as whether Pouncey would make it back in late 2015 or Ladarius Green would return after missing the first part of last season and then sustaining a concussion in the second Bengals game in 2016

Tomlin has a tendency to channel Belichick when it comes to getting cute about injury status

Rotorhead
08-30-2017, 10:08 AM
Well I actually am happy he is doing it this way, I would rather have him out there 100% instead of 75% the rest of the season. We have seen that before. Heal up and get out there and play some ball.