PDA

View Full Version : Random Roster Moves if You Were the GM

Mojouw
08-29-2017, 10:53 AM
So the cuts, trades, PS designations, etc are going to start coming in flurries now across the league. If you were running the show in Pittsburgh, what are the odd things you would consider.

I for one would kick this around: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-browns-are-aggressively-trying-to-trade-cornerback-joe-haden/

Haden is the highest paid Antwon Blake level CB in the league. How much of that is that the Browns crushed his spirit and how much of that is he was over-rated to begin with?

What if he only cost a 4th rounder?

steelreserve
08-29-2017, 11:03 AM
Boykin, Gilbert, Haden ... apparently this would be the new annual tradition to replace drafting useless TEs in the seventh round. I think I'd rather pass if it cost us anything. I do think we are still searching for an answer at the second CB position, with like 5 guys who can almost play it but none who can actually do it all the way. That's a problem, but I doubt we fix it with a troubled journeyman that we add to the mix at the last minute. One of the existing 5 guys needs to come through.

Personally, at this point my main move as GM would be to kick Landry Jones in the nuts as I passed him walking down the hall. Hopefully he'd be carrying a cup of coffee and it would spill all over the place.

BlackAndGold
08-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Hunter to Bears for Kyle Fuller

Cobi Hamilton+McCullers to Jets for McLendon.

I'd look around to see if Mychal Kendricks is still available from Philly. Him and Shazier at ILB could be a nightmare.

teegre
08-29-2017, 02:33 PM
Trade as many fringe players to the NYJets, Bills, Niners, & Jaguars as possible.

SUMMATION:
Accumulate as many "top of the round" draft picks for next year as possible.

polamalubeast
08-29-2017, 02:34 PM
Sign Revis!

Rotorhead
08-29-2017, 02:42 PM
Just find the best CB available after cuts and cross my fingers they are better than Cockrell. Move Gay to Safety as it seems Mitchell is more injured than they are letting on. Find another ILB to add to the roster.

teegre
08-29-2017, 02:50 PM
If I were GM...

In early April, I would re-sign Bell to a three year, $60 million contract ($20 million/season)... and trade him to whomever have the first overall pick in the 2018 draft.

Sam Darnold takes over for BB (who will retire after winning SuperBowl LII).

Dwinsgames
08-29-2017, 02:51 PM
Denver Broncos fielding trade requests for T.J. Ward

This is where I would have been trying to make a deal , Mike Mitchell has been a Ghost all preseason and missed most of training camp with no word on when he will be available .

sure Ward is a strong Safety and Mitchell is a free of sorts , no problem let ward play strong and move Davis to free , should be an easy transition for Davis who has CB experience one would think it would be his more natural position anyways

Born2Steel
08-29-2017, 05:45 PM
Not sure how random this is but looking at the starting secondary, there has to be some move. Looking at Burns as one outside CB, and Cockrell/Sensabaugh on the other side. Slot depth is Gay and Sutton. Then Hilton as the dime. Safety gets even worse. Davis and ???. When does Mitchell get back on the field? The backups are Golden and Dangerfield, and maybe Hagen? My random move is maybe package 3-4 of these guys in trade for just one guy with some decent upside. AND I'm bringing in Revis.

BurghBoy412
08-29-2017, 05:46 PM
His base is on 4.5 this year. He's a helluva player. Why not try to make room for him?

BlackAndGold
08-29-2017, 05:55 PM
There is no room for TJ, we have Davis and Mitchell.

Shoes
08-29-2017, 07:32 PM
So the cuts, trades, PS designations, etc are going to start coming in flurries now across the league. If you were running the show in Pittsburgh, what are the odd things you would consider.

I for one would kick this around: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-browns-are-aggressively-trying-to-trade-cornerback-joe-haden/

Haden is the highest paid Antwon Blake level CB in the league. How much of that is that the Browns crushed his spirit and how much of that is he was over-rated to begin with?

What if he only cost a 4th rounder?

:lol:

Dwinsgames
08-29-2017, 07:40 PM
There is no room for TJ, we have Davis and Mitchell.

and when exactly was the last time Mitchell has laced up a pair of cleats and practiced ?

when is the last time we had a report on hm ?

all Tomlin continues to say is we will talk about the guys that are here and working when asked about Mitchell

that does not give me much ( if any ) confidence in a return date let alone him being 100% when he does ..

remember Mitchell is a guy who played a whole season injured ( and he did not play well in doing so )

polamalubeast
08-29-2017, 07:42 PM
and when exactly was the last time Mitchell has laced up a pair of cleats and practiced ?

when is the last time we had a report on hm ?

all Tomlin continues to say is we will talk about the guys that are here and working when asked about Mitchell

that does not give me much ( if any ) confidence in a return date let alone him being 100% when he does ..

remember Mitchell is a guy who played a whole season injured ( and he did not play well in doing so )

He is close to be back....

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/08/mike_mitchell_cleveland.html

Dwinsgames
08-29-2017, 08:00 PM
He is close to be back....

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/08/mike_mitchell_cleveland.html

that is the most positive news to date on him thanks !

BurghBoy412
08-29-2017, 08:04 PM
If some how they can make some moves so Mitchell becomes the weakest player in the secondary. I think then we'll be in great shape.

Born2Steel
08-30-2017, 03:54 PM
Not sure how random this is but looking at the starting secondary, there has to be some move. Looking at Burns as one outside CB, and Cockrell/Sensabaugh on the other side. Slot depth is Gay and Sutton. Then Hilton as the dime. Safety gets even worse. Davis and ???. When does Mitchell get back on the field? The backups are Golden and Dangerfield, and maybe Hagen? My random move is maybe package 3-4 of these guys in trade for just one guy with some decent upside. AND I'm bringing in Revis.

Now just waiting on REVIS! :pig:

86WARD
08-30-2017, 04:40 PM
Revis' deal is like $2M or something right? I'd sign him in a second for that...lol. Especially now...

43Hitman
08-30-2017, 05:13 PM
Now just waiting on REVIS! :pig:

Revis' deal is like $2M or something right? I'd sign him in a second for that...lol. Especially now...Revis at safety. Cut Golden and Cockring

teegre
08-30-2017, 05:48 PM
Revis at safety. Cut Golden and Cockring

Niiiiice!!!

BurghBoy412
08-30-2017, 08:02 PM
I'm anticipating Cockrell getting the ax. That will make room for Brian Allen I hope. They've got to find a way to keep that kid IMO.

polamalubeast
08-30-2017, 08:03 PM
sign a good backup safety now!

Shoes
08-30-2017, 08:06 PM
I'm anticipating Cockrell getting the ax. That will make room for Brian Allen I hope. They've got to find a way to keep that kid IMO.

What are you going to do with your Cockrell jersey if he's axed? :chuckle:

BurghBoy412
08-30-2017, 08:10 PM
What are you going to do with your Cockrell jersey if he's axed? :chuckle:I'll donate it to Goodwill

Born2Steel
08-30-2017, 08:10 PM
We will still have to play some zone coverages. Cockrell is a good zone CB. Not sure why just throw him away. Burns, Haden, and Sutton as the starters after week 3. Backups become Cockrell, Sensabaugh, and Gay. I would keep Hilton as the dime. Allen is PS bound. I think it makes sense. Safety is the bigger question. Mitchell(assuming healthy) and Davis. Golden/Dangerfield to backup. And keeping with the thread, bring in Revis to play the other backup safety spot. Maybe he takes a starting job by week 3 too. And yes, 11 DBs.

polamalubeast
08-30-2017, 08:11 PM
We will still have to play some zone coverages. Cockrell is a good zone CB. Not sure why just throw him away. Burns, Haden, and Sutton as the starters after week 3. Backups become Cockrell, Sensabaugh, and Gay. I would keep Hilton as the dime. Allen is PS bound. I think it makes sense. Safety is the bigger question. Mitchell(assuming healthy) and Davis. Golden/Dangerfield to backup. And keeping with the thread, bring in Revis to play the other backup safety spot. Maybe he takes a starting job by week 3 too. And yes, 11 DBs.

Cockrell can't play Inside(Slot CB) and on special team.This is his problem.

Born2Steel
08-30-2017, 08:27 PM
My understanding, and I could be way off, is that Haden plays the slot position. Surely he plays ahead of Sutton at this point? Are we starting Sensabaugh opposite Burns on the outside? Then where does Gay play? Does Gay back up Sensabaugh? Leaving Allen to Backup Burns? Does Sutton play outside behind Sensabaugh and Gay behind Haden? Still leaves Allen backing up Burns. I think this CB corps still needs Cockrell on the outside. Hilton won't match up out there and Allen is still too raw. Of course this is clearer if Haden is an outside CB. Then we get Haden w/Sensabaugh on one side, Burns w/Cockrell on the other, Gay w/Sutton in slot, and Hilton as dime w/ Allen to PS. Who am I leaving out?

polamalubeast
08-30-2017, 08:34 PM
My understanding, and I could be way off, is that Haden plays the slot position. Surely he plays ahead of Sutton at this point? Are we starting Sensabaugh opposite Burns on the outside? Then where does Gay play? Does Gay back up Sensabaugh? Leaving Allen to Backup Burns? Does Sutton play outside behind Sensabaugh and Gay behind Haden? Still leaves Allen backing up Burns. I think this CB corps still needs Cockrell on the outside. Hilton won't match up out there and Allen is still too raw. Of course this is clearer if Haden is an outside CB. Then we get Haden w/Sensabaugh on one side, Burns w/Cockrell on the other, Gay w/Sutton in slot, and Hilton as dime w/ Allen to PS. Who am I leaving out?

I do not know, but it's a good problem to have.We'll know more on Friday.

I would not be surprised if the steelers add a backup safety and a backup ILB in their team this weekend.

Shoes
08-30-2017, 08:35 PM
I'll donate it to Goodwill

:chuckle:

Dwinsgames
08-30-2017, 08:42 PM
people will HATE this one ......

I think I would look to Trade a late round pick ( or WR ) to the Jets for Matt Forte and once Bell signs his tag put his ass on the block , I am tired of his antics and believe he will become a locker room cancer

polamalubeast
08-30-2017, 08:49 PM

I think I would look to Trade a late round pick ( or WR ) to the Jets for Matt Forte and once Bell signs his tag put his ass on the block , I am tired of his antics and believe he will become a locker room cancer

I agree!

Shoes
08-30-2017, 09:05 PM

What do you think we could get for Bell?

BlackAndGold
08-30-2017, 09:09 PM
So glad fans are not GM's.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets trade our best player for some declining RB, seems like a totally good idea.

Get here faster regular season.

Shoes
08-30-2017, 09:11 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Lets trade our best player for some declining RB, seems like a totally good idea.

Do you really believe Bell is going to retire a Steeler?

BlackAndGold
08-30-2017, 09:12 PM
Do you really believe Bell is going to retire a Steeler?

It's rare for any single player to retire with the team that drafted him so no.

You agree on trading Bell knowing you're not going to get the same value in return?

Shoes
08-30-2017, 09:15 PM
It's rare for any single player to retire with the team that drafted him so no.

You agree on trading Bell knowing you're not going to get the same value in return?

If the Steelers were offered a #1 pick in the 2018 draft and the QB class is good, I would surely consider it.

JayC
08-30-2017, 09:17 PM
If the Steelers were offered a #1 pick in the 2018 draft and the QB class is good, I surely consider it.

as much as i love bell's talent..i'd do that deal in a heartbeat for our next QB. i don't know if any team would give a top pick for a RB though

Dwinsgames
08-30-2017, 09:23 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I never said that so maybe read it again ??

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think we could get for Bell?

very hard to say ....

but if you could get a 1st or even a 2 and 3 knowing what we know about him and knowing he wont be here next year anyways .....

I think you would be foolish not to do it , as long as we had someone in place like a Forte who would flourish here as a stop gap with the talent around him

BlackAndGold
08-30-2017, 09:38 PM
If the Steelers were offered a #1 pick in the 2018 draft and the QB class is good, I surely consider it.

Who is offering that?

- - - Updated - - -

I never said that so maybe read it again ??

It's almost what you wrote.

You'd trade a late round pick for Forte, then trade Bell. Why not just keep Bell since he makes the team better?

Shoes
08-30-2017, 09:39 PM
Who is offering that?

Maybe the Browns :chuckle:

BlackAndGold
08-30-2017, 09:42 PM
Who said Bell won't be here next year?

All reports are that he'll be tagged again, and they'll discuss a LT deal again.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the Browns :chuckle:

They won't be good but won't be Jets/Bills bad.

BurghBoy412
Any talk of getting rid of Bell at this juncture is idiotic.

Mojouw
There was this trade once. It involved a dude named Herschel Walker. You all might remember it.

No one is ever giving up big time draft picks for a RB again. Not gonna happen.

Yes, I see you over there Ricky Williams. And, no, you don't count. Ditka getting crazy is not a pattern to be replicated.

pczach
08-30-2017, 10:01 PM
If they traded him, I would like to see them do everything in their power to draft Penn State RB Saquon Barkley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSHdBR2aw98

Dwinsgames
08-30-2017, 10:21 PM
Who is offering that?

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost what you wrote.

You'd trade a late round pick for Forte, then trade Bell. Why not just keep Bell since he makes the team better?

it really isnt close to what I said , trading a late round pick for a player then trading your player for high round picks is nothing like .... trading your best player for another player but anyways ...

why trade bell ? because he has cancer written all over him and he will not be a Steeler in 2018 anyways IMO so why not capitalize on his stock now and get something for him all the while as good as this team is on offense we do not need Bell to be great someone like Forte with Conner is plenty good enough

Shoes
08-30-2017, 10:26 PM
If they traded him, I would like to see them do everything in their power to draft Penn State RB Saquon Barkley.

Wow, interesting young man! I'll have to watch some PS games this year. Think he'll go in R1?

Dwinsgames
08-30-2017, 10:28 PM

heck of a player

teegre
08-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Who is offering that?

Realistically, no one. But, if they did, I'd take it in a millisecond.

No team needing a QB would trade out of the top 5. But, my thinking is that if somehow the Steelers could trade with Chicago (who has their QB) or whichever team ends up getting Kirk Cousins, the Steelers could get their heir apparent (which IS far more valuable than ANY running back).

That said, the Steelers will tag Bell again in 2018... and then, like Keyser Soze, he's gone.

Dwinsgames
08-30-2017, 10:36 PM
Realistically, no one. But, if they did, I'd take it in a millisecond.

No team needing a QB would trade out of the top 5. But, my thinking is that if somehow the Steelers could trade with Chicago (who has their QB) or whichever team ends up getting Kirk Cousins, the Steelers could get their heir apparent (which IS far more valuable than ANY running back).

That said, the Steelers will tag Bell again in 2018... and then, like Keyser Soze, he's gone.

top part would be great but I would take less if I had to ..

as for the bold I thought that as well , but the longer this goes on the more he shows his ass ( as we say around here , meaning the bigger pain in the ass he becomes / distraction ) I do not believe we tag him again in 18 ...that said ( another thing we say around here ) strike while the iron is hot ... get what you can before you cant get anything

teegre
08-30-2017, 10:44 PM
top part would be great but I would take less if I had to ..

as for the bold I thought that as well , but the longer this goes on the more he shows his ass ( as we say around here , meaning the bigger pain in the ass he becomes / distraction ) I do not believe we tag him again in 18 ...that said ( another thing we say around here ) strike while the iron is hot ... get what you can before you cant get anything

I hear you.

That said, I can live with a dumbass... especially one who possesses his talents. If he truly becomes a cancer, then C-YA!!! But, despite his media antics, I have heard that he is a very good lockerroom guy. So, while he can indeed be a diva, he's not necessarily a cancer (if that makes sense).

Simply, I just think he's a millennial with an iPhone, a social media account, and too much time on his hands.

Shoes
08-30-2017, 10:57 PM
I think Bells day are numbered. A few weeks back, Art II was giving Bell some good advise when he said openly to the media that "Bell needs to be here". I believe will are going to find that Art II isn't as long suffering as his father was and maybe, sometimes that isn't a bad thing.

BlackAndGold
08-30-2017, 11:01 PM
This is all I'll say on the Bell situation. This team has a 2 year window to win a SB, Bell will be here in that span, that is the only thing that matters.

Shoes
08-30-2017, 11:15 PM
This is all I'll say on the Bell situation. This team has a 2 year window to win a SB, Bell will be here in that span, that is the only thing that matters.

That 2 year window is bull shit if you don't play every game like its a playoff game. And that has been the biggest problem with this team, dragging their ass through the season and end up at the mercy of other teams winning or losing to get into the playoffs. On top of that you have Bell, who never makes it that far.

pczach
08-31-2017, 04:40 AM
Wow, interesting young man! I'll have to watch some PS games this year. Think he'll go in R1?

I think he'll go in R1. Many think he'll go top 10 or top 5.

When Bell came out, I thought he would be the best RB in the NFL shortly after entering the league. I was really high on him and shared that with everyone at Steelers Fever years ago.

This is the RB I am most excited about as a player since Bell.

He is extremely elusive. He is very powerful and doesn't go down easily. He breaks a ton of tackles. He has great short-area quickness. He has a nose for the end zone. He has shown the ability to run some pass routes, and has good hands at a very young age. He's a willing blocker. He is also extremely fast and has breakaway speed. He pulls away from defenders and finishes runs.

I think he can be great as well. You can never predict injuries, but if this kid stays healthy I think he is going to be dynamite. A truly special player.

BlackAndGold
09-01-2017, 02:40 AM

If true, wonder if he would be interested in coming here to play as a situational player(LB/dime)? And no, he isn't starting over MM or Davis.

He doesn't have much coverage ability but he is one heck of a run defender and will light up ball carriers with hits. Turn 31 years old in December.

Also..
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/assets/images/imported/CLE/photos/121120-joe-haden-tj-ward-ai.jpg

teegre
09-01-2017, 06:36 AM
re: BELL
Tag, tag, bye.

re: WARD
I hear that he's not a coverage safety... but, he's better than Goldangerfield. I know that he's probably not going to supplant Davis nor Mitchell... but, you can never have too much talent on a team (and he's far more talented than Goldangerfield). Heck, at times, Goldangerfield used to play the dime (over the fourth string CB), which means that Ward could see the field WITH Davis & Mitchell... and, Ward is much better than Goldangerfield.

pczach
09-01-2017, 03:28 PM
re: BELL
Tag, tag, bye.

re: WARD
I hear that he's not a coverage safety... but, he's better than Goldangerfield. I know that he's probably not going to supplant Davis nor Mitchell... but, you can never have too much talent on a team (and he's far more talented than Goldangerfield). Heck, at times, Goldangerfield used to play the dime (over the fourth string CB), which means that Ward could see the field WITH Davis & Mitchell... and, Ward is much better than Goldangerfield.

Goldangerfield......was that a Bond movie?

:sofunny:

RunNGun
09-01-2017, 09:01 PM

What makes you think Haden would play the slot? IMO, they went out and got him because they believe he's an upgrade over Cockrell. We have too many slot corners right now and not enough outside guys. Haden comes in and starts on the outside with Burns. Then we have 3 or 4 slot guys in Gay, Hilton, Sensabaugh, and Golson, as well as the possibility of Sutton playing the slot. I don't view Cockrell as a slot guy, and with some younger talent pending, I think 31 is the odd man out. Just hoping they can get 5th, 6th, or 7th pick for him. Hope the same for Coates if they call it quits with him.

BlackAndGold
09-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Wonder if Hunter, or Cockrell is gaining any interest from other teams?

Was hoping some team would offer a late round pick.

RunNGun
09-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Wonder if Hunter, or Cockrell is gaining any interest from other teams?

Was hoping some team would offer a late round pick.

I could see the Titans making an offer for Cockrell. I could also see a division team making an offer for Coates. Hunter is fresh off of being cut, so I don't think he generates as much interest, just my opinion.

86WARD
09-02-2017, 08:41 AM
You can see the Titans or Cardinals just because they always take the scraps...lol.

I could see the Jets or Bears having an interest in Coates. I could see Philadelphia maybe having an interest in Cockrell but it wouldn't be anything of much value...I think Cockring is going to slip on this roster...

Born2Steel
09-02-2017, 09:36 AM
What makes you think Haden would play the slot? IMO, they went out and got him because they believe he's an upgrade over Cockrell. We have too many slot corners right now and not enough outside guys. Haden comes in and starts on the outside with Burns. Then we have 3 or 4 slot guys in Gay, Hilton, Sensabaugh, and Golson, as well as the possibility of Sutton playing the slot. I don't view Cockrell as a slot guy, and with some younger talent pending, I think 31 is the odd man out. Just hoping they can get 5th, 6th, or 7th pick for him. Hope the same for Coates if they call it quits with him.

This is why I put in there, "and I could be way off". Haden does play on the outside some. It has just been my understanding that he is prImarily a slot CB. As in, that is his strongest position. Again, I could be way off on that since I really haven't followed his career. We know Hilton will be slot/dime. We also know Burns, Allen and Cockrell are outside guys. Sutton, Sensabaugh, and Gay can be put at both. So there are options for Haden, and he upgrades wherever he goes probably. Maybe he gets moved around so offenses have another guy they have to look for pre snap. Will be fun to watch how this plays out, that I do know.

teegre
09-02-2017, 03:44 PM
Trade as many fringe players to the NYJets, Bills, Niners, & Jaguars as possible.

SUMMATION:
Accumulate as many "top of the round" draft picks for next year as possible.

Browns: check

NYGiants: not "top of the round", but it'll do

86WARD
09-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Browns: check

NYGiants: not "top of the round", but it'll do

Good work by you.

RunNGun
09-02-2017, 04:38 PM
I could see the Titans making an offer for Cockrell. I could also see a division team making an offer for Coates. Hunter is fresh off of being cut, so I don't think he generates as much interest, just my opinion.

I almost nailed that move.

polamalubeast
09-02-2017, 04:39 PM
TJ Ward!

tube517
09-02-2017, 04:43 PM
TJ Ward!

AB and Haden should drive up in a black SUV to TJ's farm.....

Seriously, what a crazy time. Such a flurry of activity this week.

polamalubeast
09-02-2017, 04:44 PM

AB and Haden should drive up in a black SUV to TJ's farm.....

Seriously, what a crazy time. Such a flurry of activity this week.

Dwinsgames
09-02-2017, 05:14 PM
would be a solid addition http://www.nfl.com/player/dwightlowery/280/profile

BlackAndGold
09-02-2017, 05:34 PM
would be a solid addition http://www.nfl.com/player/dwightlowery/280/profile

Indeed. If they can't land Ward, I hope they look at Lowery.

st33lersguy
09-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Do we really want half the starting secondary consisting of players having arrived this week? Also rather save that money on our own guys already. The team has made enough of a splash

polamalubeast
09-02-2017, 05:52 PM

RunNGun
09-02-2017, 05:52 PM
I think they really believe this is it for Ben. That's my only explanation for all these moves. They're doing everything they can do to put together the best 53. They're all in this year. Very exciting.

BlackAndGold
09-02-2017, 05:58 PM

Figures, he still wants to start, can't blame him for that.

BurghBoy412
09-02-2017, 06:02 PM
I think they really believe this is it for Ben. That's my only explanation for all these moves. They're doing everything they can do to put together the best 53. They're all in this year. Very exciting.\
I don't necessarily believe they're buying into this being Ben's last season. I think you're seeing a F.O. and coaching staff that is tired of the status quo. They realized that moves had to be made in order to surpass last seasons accomplishments. If this team doesn't make a Super Bowl appearance this year. I'm thinking you may see some changes in the coaching staff.

FrancoLambert
09-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Do we really want half the starting secondary consisting of players having arrived this week? Also rather save that money on our own guys already. The team has made enough of a splash

Our secondary has been the weakest unit for a while. If the newbies upgrade it considerably, go for it.

RunNGun
09-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Assuming Sutton goes to IR...Who gets cut or sent to the PS if he returns? I realize it could be awhile down the road and a lot could happen. If Sutton returned week 2, who gets released or demoted? My guess would be B.Allen to PS.

BurghBoy412
09-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Do we really want half the starting secondary consisting of players having arrived this week? Also rather save that money on our own guys already. The team has made enough of a splash Why not? It's not like this secondary has had time to mesh anyways. Either way you look at things, I don't think you can expect this Defense to be hitting on all cylinders until the half way point of the season. I don't believe the addition of another player will stunt this secondaries growth anymore.

polamalubeast
09-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Assuming Sutton goes to IR...Who gets cut or sent to the PS if he returns? I realize it could be awhile down the road and a lot could happen. If Sutton returned week 2, who gets released or demoted? My guess would be B.Allen to PS.

Sutton will probably go in IR and he can't return before week 9 ...

A lot of things can happen in the first 8 weeks ...

- - - Updated - - -

Why not? It's not like this secondary has had time to mesh anyways. Either way you look at things, I don't think you can expect this Defense to be hitting on all cylinders until the half way point of the season. I don't believe the addition of another player will stunt this secondaries growth anymore.

And the steelers will face a lot of bad offense in the first half of the season ...

RunNGun
09-02-2017, 06:11 PM
\
I don't necessarily believe they're buying into this being Ben's last season. I think you're seeing a F.O. and coaching staff that is tired of the status quo. They realized that moves had to be made in order to surpass last seasons accomplishments. If this team doesn't make a Super Bowl appearance this year. I'm thinking you may see some changes in the coaching staff.

The window is getting very small. Whether Ben comes back or not, (I believe this is it) he's at the point in his career where he's not getting any better, and may even regress. If there were ever a time to get #7, the time is now. If they miss the playoffs, or are bounced in the 1st round, I could see some possible changes. Hope that doesn't happen. Probably in the minority here, but I like Tomlin, Haley, and Butler.

BurghBoy412
09-02-2017, 06:14 PM

Unfortunately there will be injuries this season. It'll be easier to predict what moves will be made as the season goes along. Much too early to speculate who'll be moved where.

- - - Updated - - -

The window is getting very small. Whether Ben comes back or not, (I believe this is it) he's at the point in his career where he's not getting any better, and may even regress. If there were ever time to get #7, the time is now. If they miss the playoffs, or are bounced in the 1st round I could see some possible changes. Hope that doesn't happen. Probably in the minority here, but I like Tomlin, Haley, and Butler. You won't see coach Tomlin go anywhere. However Haley and Butler aren't so safe IMO. Hopefully it won't come anywhere close to that and we'll be see contract extensions galore next off season.

polamalubeast
09-02-2017, 06:14 PM
I believe that Roethlisberger can play well for at least 2-3 more years....

RunNGun
09-02-2017, 06:18 PM
I believe that Roethlisberger can play well for at least 2-3 more years....

You might be right, but it's more of a want to, with Ben. I remember the AFC championship game last year, Ben's demeanor was that of someone who was ready to call it quits.

polamalubeast
09-02-2017, 06:18 PM
You might be right, but it's more of a want to, with Ben. I remember the AFC championship game last year, Ben's demeanor was of someone who was ready to call it quits.

Ben is just a another Brett Favre!

Dwinsgames
09-02-2017, 06:28 PM

no I personally do not , HOWEVER ..... last time Mike Mitchell was seen in uniform was week 1 of training camp I believe , that being said I would rather have a guy with 1 week on the roster and NFL ability in the defensive backfield than Robert Golden starting games that matter ...

yeah we seen a report that he is improving and should be ready week 1 but is that report vetted ? I do not trust random reports I mean NFL network said we would keep just 5 CBs as recently as late last night , I knew that had to be bullshit and sure enough it was ...

RunNGun
09-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Ben is just a another Brett Favre!

I hear the drama queen stuff a lot. That's something I don't look into. When your franchise QB is talking retirement, I don't think you can just brush it off and say that's just Ben's best impersonation of Brett Favre. Ben will be 37 next season and he's taken a lot more hits than Tom Brady.

Dwinsgames
09-02-2017, 06:37 PM
I hear the drama queen stuff a lot. That's something I don't look into. When your franchise QB is talking retirement, I don't think you can just brush it off and say that's just Ben's best impersonation of Brett Favre. Ben will be 37 next season and he's taken a lot more hits than Tom Brady.

and a bad motorcycle accident where he took a car to the head

RunNGun
09-02-2017, 06:41 PM

Cars to the head are the worst. Would have killed a lesser man...or Tom Brady.

43Hitman
09-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Only Big Ben and Chuck Norris survive that.

Born2Steel
09-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Only Big Ben and Chuck Norris survive that.

Turns out it wasn't a car after all. It was, in fact, Chuck Norris' beard.

FrancoLambert
09-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Big Dan made it........again. It reflects the lack of quality depth on the D-line.

AtlantaDan
09-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Big Dan made it........again. It reflects the lack of quality depth on the D-line.

Yep - I am nervous they have not signed Tuitt to a new deal yet

teegre
09-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Turns out it wasn't a car after all. It was, in fact, Chuck Norris' beard.

Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

BlackAndGold
09-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Yep - I am nervous they have not signed Tuitt to a new deal yet

They should have no excuse not to get a deal done, they are in great shape with the cap. Cockrell, and Coates being traded opened up more money.

Born2Steel
09-02-2017, 10:53 PM
That eclipse that happened last week....that was just Chuck Norris changing the light bulb.

Dwinsgames
09-02-2017, 10:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL1c8E8P6GU

RunNGun
09-02-2017, 11:07 PM
That eclipse that happened last week....that was just Chuck Norris changing the light bulb.

Winner!

BlackAndGold
09-03-2017, 12:39 AM
TJ Ward signed with the Bucs.