PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger likes new setup with Todd Haley in the press box

stillers4me
08-27-2017, 08:52 AM
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger played for the first and likely only time this preseason Saturday night against the Colts. He played two series, finished 6 for 9 for 73 yards and led the Steelers to a field goal drive.

It was a bland performance in a bland game and received a bland response from Roethlisberger afterward.
“I’m ready for the regular season,” Roethlisberger said.

He speaks for just about everyone. The Steelers play their final preseason game Thursday in Carolina and Roethlisberger isn’t expected to play along with many other starters.

The Steelers didn’t put together a very intricate game plan for the Colts because they’ll play them again at Heinz Field in November. About the only newsworthy thing to come out of the Roethlisberger interview was his take on Todd Haley calling plays from the press box......

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/08/26/Ben-Roethlisberger-Todd-Haley-press-box-Randy-Fichtner/stories/201708260122

AtlantaDan
08-27-2017, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the link :drink:

Sounds like Ben is happier to talk with Fitchner than Haley on the sidelines :chuckle:

“I think with him up there he can see the field,” Roethlisberger said. “He has total 100 percent focus of being up there. And Randy is on the sidelines, so my quarterbacks coach, a guy I’ve been with for eight years, we can talk."

Glad the coaching staff is considering something to kickstart the offense

tube517
08-27-2017, 01:30 PM
We all know they are mortal enemies. :hockeyfight:

ALLD
08-27-2017, 02:14 PM
Haley can do less micromanaging from the box too.