PDA

View Full Version : Steelers.com: Tough test for defense

stillers4me
09-15-2010, 08:43 PM
By Teresa Varley - Steelers.com

Posted 2 hours ago
[/URL]
The Steelers defense will have their hands full this week attempting to if not stop, at least contain Titans running back Chris Johnson.

Johnson had an amazing 2009 season, rushing for an impressive 2,006 yards and he hasn’t slowed down a bit. And he has the breakaway speed that can change the complexion of a game in a heartbeat.

“This guy can run through the back of the end zone every time he touches the football,” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “There’s an element of respect that comes with preparing for a guy that is capable of those things. We are familiar with him, we’ve played against him. He stuck his foot in the ground and cut back across our field, and got some yards in chunks on us. That’s a big challenge.”....................................

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Tough-test-for-defense/4e0090a3-5f94-4ad1-ba4a-da745523bec5 (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Tough-test-for-defense/4e0090a3-5f94-4ad1-ba4a-da745523bec5#)

SteelerFanInStl
09-15-2010, 09:24 PM
By Teresa Varley - Steelers.com

Johnson had an amazing 2009 season, rushing for an impressive 2,006 yards and he hasn’t slowed down a bit. And he has the breakaway speed that can change the complexion of a game in a heartbeat.

Yep, and how many of those 2,006 yards came against the Steelers? That's right, 57 yards. Johnson is a great RB but we can shut him down, especially since the Titans don't have a passing game.

XxKnightxX
09-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Yea but dont forget that the Titans in all honesty sucked for those first few weeks and eventually found their new scheme, and Vince Young is also another threat to their running game. I wouldnt sleep on this team not one bit.

steelpride12
09-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Our defense will be ready for CJ and VY. I think if we can shut down the run game, I think we have a huge chance to win this game. The Titans rely on their run game to win games and our defense will be planning around it all week!

solardave
09-16-2010, 02:49 AM
Run well and stop the run. That should be our basic attack. Have a spy on Young to keep him contained. Stop the run on the way to the QB.