PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Could Be In Trouble If Landry Jones’ Injury Lingers

polamalubeast
08-23-2017, 09:19 AM
To be perfectly honest, I wasn’t thinking much of it until recently while reading the article topic from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that I covered yesterday, in which one of the paper’s reporters on the Pittsburgh Steelers beat made the case that it would be in the team’s best interests to sign veteran quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

A key part of Paul Zeisse’s premise was that the abdominal injury suffered by backup quarterback Landry Jones could linger. To be perfectly honest, this is a topic best covered by our resident doctor, Melanie Friedlander. Perhaps she might ultimately put together a piece on the topic.

But I now find myself wondering if Jones’ injury will actually become a concern. Admittedly, I must plead ignorance about the nature and recovery time of abdominal injuries, but some basic research suggests that it can get tricky, and could linger.

So the basic question here is a simple one: should there be legitimate concern over the status of Landry Jones heading into the regular season, and if so, what, if anything, should be done to address said concern?

I don’t know the answer. Obviously. None of us know the answer. The only thing we can go by is simply following practice reports and what coaches and players might say about his status when asked. As Alex Kozora noted last week, he has returned to practice, but done very little.

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/steelers-trouble-landry-jones-injury-lingers/

Born2Steel
08-23-2017, 10:01 AM
Steelers are in trouble if Landry Jones has to play. No Big Ben means TROUBLE.

AtlantaDan
08-23-2017, 10:09 AM
Steelers are in trouble if Landry Jones has to play. No Big Ben means TROUBLE.

Agreed - other than the Pats hard to think of a team that is not screwed if its starting QB is out for an extended time

Bigger long term concern is Shazier's health - no depth or other speed at ILB

Born2Steel
08-23-2017, 12:19 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000833453/article/eight-teams-have-had-same-qb-for-at-least-10-seasons

polamalubeast
08-24-2017, 09:39 AM