PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Camp Questions: What Has Bart Houston Shown That Is Worth Celebrating?

polamalubeast
08-23-2017, 08:25 AM
Question: Why are some people so enamored with the prospect of Bart Houston?

I mean no disrespect, exactly—though perhaps it might be hard to avoid—but I’m finding it mildly perplexing that there seem to be more than a small handful of people, on our site and elsewhere, who are really in the corner of Bart Houston, the rookie undrafted free agent quarterback out of Wisconsin, who was not a starter there.

The Steelers signed Houston a few weeks after the draft, originally signing another quarterback as their fourth arm for the offseason, but eventually releasing him and substituting him with the man named after Packers great Bart Starr.

But unfortunately, being named after somebody doesn’t give you their abilities.

There are some who want to see Houston make the roster. Some of them want him to make it over four-round rookie quarterback Joshua Dobbs. Others want Dobbs to be Ben Roethlisberger’s backup and have Houston as the third quarterback, with Landry Jones being released.

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/2017-camp-questions-bart-houston-shown-worth-celebrating/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Rotorhead
08-23-2017, 11:10 AM
Well, he did lead 2 second half comebacks so far in the preseason. Yes I know it was against ppl who will be bagging groceries, but he isnt terrible so far. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of the ppl saying he is better than any of the other QB's on the roster, but wouldnt be upset if he made the practice squad.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
08-23-2017, 01:57 PM
He reminds me of Bubby Brister. All the confidence in the world and think that is what others are liking about him. The Drawback is he has the same amount talent as Bubby.

Dwinsgames
08-23-2017, 02:33 PM
He reminds me of Bubby Brister. All the confidence in the world and think that is what others are liking about him. The Drawback is he has the same amount talent as Bubby.

bubby carved out a pretty nice living for the amount of talent he was perceived to have

BlackAndGold
08-23-2017, 03:43 PM
He'll be cut and probably never heard of again.

ALLD
08-23-2017, 03:55 PM
He is no Johnny Unitas.

tube517
08-23-2017, 08:02 PM
I don't know what's worse

Matt Houston imitating Magnum PI or Bart Houston imitating Bubby Brister?

Edman
08-23-2017, 08:14 PM
He is no Johnny Unitas.

Neither was Johnny Unitas.

He was cut by the Steelers, by the way.

Mojouw
08-23-2017, 09:31 PM
Living in Madison, I can assure you that Houston is not good. At all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teegre
08-23-2017, 10:36 PM
bubby carved out a pretty nice living for the amount of talent he was perceived to have

I'll always a special place in my heart for Bubby.

If he hadn't fumbled (not his fault?) that snap in the Divisional round in Denver, people might hold him in higher regard. Alas, he only had that one great playoff win against the Oilers... and then... nothing.

Dwinsgames
08-23-2017, 10:40 PM
I'll always a special place in my heart for Bubby.

If he hadn't fumbled (not his fault?) that snap in the Divisional round in Denver, people might hold him in higher regard. Alas, he only had that one great playoff win against the Oilers... and then... nothing.

oddly enough I believe he finished his career in Denver as a backup

teegre
08-23-2017, 10:43 PM
oddly enough I believe he finished his career in Denver as a backup

Yep.

He won back-to-back titles.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
08-23-2017, 11:37 PM
I don't know what's worse

Matt Houston imitating Magnum PI or Bart Houston imitating Bubby Brister? Lol I thought of the same thing and his name sounds like a CBS PI show.

tube517
08-24-2017, 07:59 AM
oddly enough I believe he finished his career in Denver as a backupHe was a decent backup at Denver. He was supposed to start after Elway retired but lost out to a rookie Brian Griese.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

86WARD
08-24-2017, 08:32 AM

I'd take Bubby over any of that shit the 80s produced. Would probably take him over the Kordell Stewart QB and probably take him over Tommy Maddox. Neil ODonnell would be debateable...lol. Bubby was on some pretty bad teams. That 1989-90 run they made against Houston and Denver was one of my favorites. That wild card game against the Oilers is one of the Steelers greatest playoff victories of all time IMO. Hoge beasted!! Lol.