PDA

View Full Version : Le’Veon Bell tweets he’s showing up September 1

Shoes
08-22-2017, 10:48 PM
We'll have the brass band at the ready for you're arrival Le'Veon.

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell) has been absent for all of training camp as he has yet to sign his franchise tag tender for the 2017 season.
When Bell would ultimately decide to show up has remained uncertain, but Bell provided some clarity on Twitter Tuesday night.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/22/leveon-bell-tweets-hes-showing-up-september-1/

steelreserve
08-23-2017, 01:42 AM
So glad he finally decided to grace us with his presence. Hope he can just jump right into games with no practice and be just as good, otherwise everyone in the country will think he's a massive cocksucker.

Nadroj 20
08-23-2017, 05:30 AM
Someone tweeted they were happy he was returning and all Bell says is "you're welcome".

Like he's doing us a favor by doing his freaking job.

My patience is wearing thin with Bell. This holdout accomplished nothing other then increase risk of injury/lack of productivity.

He's a special talent, but I wouldn't hate to get two more good years out of him then show him the door.

salamander
08-23-2017, 05:48 AM
How nice of him to finally show up. :ranger:

st33lersguy
08-23-2017, 07:04 AM
A few weeks too late selfish bell. It's nice to know thi s pot smoker cares more about his public today guy than the team

86WARD
08-23-2017, 07:11 AM
The vindictive side of me would like to see Bell tweak a hamstring or ankle and be out most of the season...hurt himself and his "value". Then see Connor put up similar numbers. The selfish side wants to see him get his ass to practice and ball out.

As we've seen with other players in the past, I think Bell is gonna be hampered by nagging injuries all season.

AtlantaDan
08-23-2017, 07:27 AM
The vindictive side of me would like to see Bell tweak a hamstring or ankle and be out most of the season...hurt himself and his "value". Then see Connor put up similar numbers. The selfish side wants to see him get his ass to practice and ball out.

As we've seen with other players in the past, I think Bell is gonna be hampered by nagging injuries all season.

Of course Bell gets injured every season so it is hard to say what the impact of missing preseason will be

Doubtful he is going to step in week one in Cleveland with 25 touches and 175 total yards - probably will take a few weeks after that to get up to speed

Times have changed but the last time I recall arguably the best back in the league not showing up until September was Emmitt Smith holding out and missing the first 2 regular season games in 1993

Smith (who was running behind one of the best offensive lines of all time) was in gear by the end of the season (283 carries/1486 yards in a 14 game season for Smith) but went for 8 carries/45 yards in his first game back and did not get 100 yards rushing until week three

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitEm00/gamelog/1993/

Still uncertain if Bell is out of the Stage 2 intervention program that subjected him to random offseason testing and now only subject to drug testing when he reports to the Steelers - if he is no longer subject to random testing this holdout makes more sense as he gets clean after self-medicating to reduce the stress of offseason contract negotiations

Dwinsgames
08-23-2017, 08:13 AM
I would bet he has played some puff puff pass since last tests and quite frankly I would be shocked if he hasn't ...

that being said maybe it would be better for us if he never shows up ??

yeah I am in a mood today.........

AtlantaDan
08-23-2017, 10:15 AM
yeah I am in a mood today.........

Apparently Ben is as well

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he does not know if Le’Veon Bell will be in good enough “football shape” to play all the time and immediately be a large part of the offense when he returns to the Steelers.

“I don’t know if it’s as much mental as physical,” Roethlisberger said Wednesday. “He’s a physical back. It’s a violent sport. The running back position takes a beating. We just have to hope the other guys are ready to go if he does need spelled. I don’t know if he’ll be ready to play every single play like he does typically during the season.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/08/23/leveon-bell-contract-extension-preseason-holdout-pittsburgh-steelers-return/stories/201708230380

(http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/08/23/leveon-bell-contract-extension-preseason-holdout-pittsburgh-steelers-return/stories/201708230380)Roethliberger said he's hoping Bell responds to a text message from him.

"There's no hard feelings," Roethlisberger said. :hug:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20433063/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-no-bitterness-towards-absent-rb-leveon-bell

(http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/08/23/leveon-bell-contract-extension-preseason-holdout-pittsburgh-steelers-return/stories/201708230380)

Nadroj 20
08-23-2017, 10:56 AM
Honestly I'd have no problem with the Steelers starting Connor week 1, just to deliver their own little message. Technically start Connor, let him play the first 2 or 3 plays then put Bell in.

AtlantaDan
08-23-2017, 10:59 AM
Honestly I'd have no problem with the Steelers starting Connor week 1, just to deliver their own little message. Technically start Connor, let him play the first 2 or 3 plays then put Bell in.

Or they can channel the spirit of Bruce Arians in Cleveland and open empty backfield with 5 WRs

43Hitman
08-23-2017, 02:40 PM
Or they can channel the spirit of Bruce Arians in Cleveland and open empty backfield with 5 WRsOnly if there are winds of 30 mph+.

DesertSteel
08-23-2017, 09:30 PM
James Conner fan club here. Not this year but in two years, and perhaps as soon as next year when the diva does this again. My hope is that they tag him and he holds and they pull the offer after every other team has maxed out their cap.

teegre
08-23-2017, 10:29 PM
I wonder if Bell is waiting until after his wedding.

Or, maybe he's waiting until after the girl that he got pregnant (yes, a different woman) gives birth.

Or, maybe he's waiting, because he's been high.

Or, maybe I'm just talking crap about him.

DesertSteel
08-23-2017, 10:39 PM
He'll pull a hamstring week one and be out till week 7.................

Born2Steel
08-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Damn! I hope he comes in, whenever he comes in, and produces 200+ yards/game and ends up the SB MVP.

Iron Steeler
08-24-2017, 07:57 PM
I wonder if Bell is waiting until after his wedding.

Or, maybe he's waiting until after the girl that he got pregnant (yes, a different woman) gives birth.

Or, maybe he's waiting, because he's been high.

Or, maybe I'm just talking crap about him.

hahaha sucha good post

SteelMayhem72
08-25-2017, 01:58 AM
I think Bell is gonna have a down season and yes I do think he will be hurt by week 3...sorry Bell but you're not superman and you are not in football shape you dumb ass.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Mojouw
08-25-2017, 09:21 AM
In 3 of his four pro seasons, suspension or injury caused Bell to miss large swaths of the off-season and regular season games.

In 2013 - after missing 3 weeks he rushed for 57 yards on 16 carries and a season-high two rushing touchdowns while also catching four receptions for 27 yards
In 2015 - he was suspended for 2 games - IN his first game back he had 19 carries for 62 yards and scored his first rushing touchdown of the season, while also accounting for seven catches for 70 receiving yards. The following week, he had 22 rushing attempts for a season-high 129-yards and a touchdown
In 2016 - after a 3 game ban he had 18 carries, 144 rushing yards, 5 catches, and 34 receiving yards

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bell knows how to keep himself in shape. I mean he's had a lot of experience at it due to the fact that he is an idiot. We shall see, and I will be the first to admit I'm wrong if he's calling for a sub after every other play.

DesertSteel
08-25-2017, 04:56 PM
Yes. He knows how to stay in shape and he knows how to miss games.

j-d-s
08-27-2017, 12:30 AM
Or they can channel the spirit of Bruce Arians in Cleveland and open empty backfield with 5 WRsOnly on 3rd and two!