PDA

View Full Version : The contract that Bell turned down... Wow!

DesertSteel
08-18-2017, 04:00 PM
The contract that Bell turned down... Wow! Five years at $12M each ($30M the first 2 years). His agent was good with it but Bell overrode him at the last minute. He's gonna live to regret that decision.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/08/18/LeVeon-Bell-contract-agreement-rejection-agent-five-years-12-million-franchise-tag-post-gazette-exclusive/stories/201708180164

steelreserve
08-18-2017, 04:32 PM
lol, fight for 15 ...

Edman
08-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Nobody accused Bell of being smart.

Helluva player, but not very bright.

AtlantaDan
08-18-2017, 04:56 PM
The contract that Bell turned down... Wow! Five years at $12M each ($30M the first 2 years). His agent was good with it but Bell overrode him at the last minute. He's gonna live to regret that decision.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/08/18/LeVeon-Bell-contract-agreement-rejection-agent-five-years-12-million-franchise-tag-post-gazette-exclusive/stories/201708180164

Bell's agent, Adisa Bakari, said he and client never had any agreement with Steelers. "All stories to contrary are false," Bakari told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20380594/pittsburgh-steelers-believed-were-close-reaching-long-term-contract-running-back-leveon-bell

(http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20380594/pittsburgh-steelers-believed-were-close-reaching-long-term-contract-running-back-leveon-bell)So now the agent is accusing the source(s) in the Steelers front office for the P-G story of lying - no surprise the agent is protecting his client, but definitely some bad blood here - unusual for Steelers to be leaking contract negotiation information

Another P-G story this afternoon

This is a move by the Steelers to put the squeeze on Bell. Even though he’ll eventually sign his $12.12 million franchise-tag deal and report to the team (and he’s expected to do that before the start of the regular season), this is all, at best, a mid-grade mess for everyone involved. The Steelers need him to report. Now-ish, ideally. If this kicks that can a little farther down the road, on their end, it’s mission accomplished, at least for 2017. If Bell looks bad right now, they’re saying, so it goes....

Bell is 25 with the injury history of a 30-year-old, and barring a change in the NFL’s drug policy, he’s a mistake away from another suspension. He also eventually seems on the verge of playing a season for a team with, potentially, a lot less interest in keeping tread on his tires.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/08/18/leveon-bell-contract-extension-status-pittsburgh-steelers-franchise-tag/stories/201708180175

Dwinsgames
08-18-2017, 05:27 PM
he will regret this

Dwinsgames
08-18-2017, 06:34 PM
the funny thing is , the deal he turned down would have paid him aprox 30 million over the first 2 years ...

as it stands he will make 12.1 million this year ...

if we decided to tag him next year again it will be 12.1 mill +20% so 14.52 million

long story short we can now get him over those same 2 years for 26.6 million a savings of 3.4 million for the Steelers

Thanks Leveon you knucklehead

st33lersguy
08-18-2017, 06:49 PM
Well Bell, the Redskins are an option if you want to get overpaid. You will never win anything for the rest of your career, but at least you'd get what you were looking for

BlackAndGold
08-18-2017, 07:45 PM
Believe the tag next year will almost be $15mil.

BurghBoy412
08-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Believe the tag next year will almost be $15mil.Will this make it easier to sign him long term? Does that just mean next season he asks for 17 mil per?

86WARD
08-18-2017, 09:58 PM
Run him into the ground. Tag him again. Run him into the ground. See ya later...

DesertSteel
08-18-2017, 11:41 PM
How's this: we win the super bowl and Ben retires. We then trade Bell for Kirk Cousins and both guys get long term deals.

ALLD
08-19-2017, 07:14 AM
Bell has Mike Wallace Syndrome and values himself well above the market rate. It seems he would rather be the big fish on a small team rather than a big fish on a big team and win. Let me tell you LB, in 20 years the money difference won't matter and regrets will be made about not being the difference in a SB title.

steel striker
08-19-2017, 07:38 AM
Wake me up when the season starts.

BurghBoy412
08-19-2017, 09:03 AM
He's put himself in a position where he has to ball out. Hopefully Bell betting on his self means we'll be kicked back on Sundays watching history. I wanna see 2000 rush yds, 800 rec yds, 25 total TDs
And 2 complete dominate games against NE.

AtlantaDan
08-19-2017, 09:08 AM
He's put himself in a position where he has to ball out. Hopefully Bell betting on his self means we'll be kicked back on Sundays watching history. I wanna see 2000 rush yds, 800 rec yds, 25 total TDs
And 2 complete dominate games against NE.

If you see that you will also see AB complaining that he is not being targeted often enough :chuckle:

BurghBoy412
08-19-2017, 10:08 AM
If you see that you will also see AB complaining that he is not being targeted often enough :chuckle:One would hope not but probably.

lipps83
08-19-2017, 11:18 AM
Run him into the ground. Tag him again. Run him into the ground. See ya later...

Yup. Then good riddance around the same time Ben probably hangs them up Bell will be breaking down. Winning in this league with a team built around the run game isn't going to work anymore.

Would hate to see this team sign him to some ridiculous contract.

He burned this bridge.

Steeldude
08-19-2017, 11:07 PM
Sign and trade him.

Or, as another person said, keep franchising him and run him into the ground. The only problem with that is Bell seems to be the type of person who will purposely not try. I can see him taking a dive or deliberately not catching a pass. Which is why I feel he will not try once he gets a big contract deal.

86WARD
08-20-2017, 07:11 AM
Sign and trade him.

Or, as another person said, keep franchising him and run him into the ground. The only problem with that is Bell seems to be the type of person who will purposely not try. I can see him taking a dive or deliberately not catching a pass. Which is why I feel he will not try once he gets a big contract deal.

By doing that, he only hurts his own value and if need be, the Steelers could easily set him up for failure...lol.

Edman
08-20-2017, 07:31 AM
Keep him one more year, Let him dog it, Another chump team will overpay him in Free Agency, move on.

SteelerFanInStl
08-20-2017, 08:24 AM
Wake me up when the season starts.

I agree.

BurghBoy412
08-20-2017, 01:24 PM
He has no choice at this point. Bell must ball out! Or lose lots of money.

BlackAndGold
08-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Can an agent "agree" on a contract before even talking to his client??

AtlantaDan
08-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Can an agent "agree" on a contract before even talking to his client??

It is like attorneys negotiating settlements - you usually do not want the client in the room to lose their temper or say something stupid. Agent/attorney says they will recommend acceptance of the deal and then player/client says no.

Sometimes that is a tactic to try and squeeze for a few more $$ (which in the long run hurts the reputation of the agent/attorney in future negotiations because they cannot deliver on the deal they said they would recommend) - most times it is a client who has a delusional view of what is a reasonable deal

In the case of Bell, who did not get into Michigan State based on his academic achievements, it presumably is his fixation on getting whatever his initial negotiating position was

AtlantaDan
08-20-2017, 06:58 PM
This from ESPN

Le'Veon Bell (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15825/le%27veon-bell) is expected to stay away from the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers) for Week 3 of the preseason, a source tells ESPN.

The source would be surprised, however, if Bell isn't back with the Steelers shortly after that, citing his love for football.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20397927/leveon-bell-expected-stay-away-pittsburgh-steelers-week-3-preseason

"Love for football" more accurately should be "Love for getting paid the entire $12.1 million franchise tender by showing up for week one of the regular season"

teegre
08-20-2017, 08:07 PM
"Love for football" more accurately should be "Love for getting paid the entire $12.1 million franchise tender by showing up for week one of the regular season"

Bingo!!!

Not more than 30 minutes ago, my daughter was throwing a fit about cleaning up her room. There she stayed... until she miraculously decided to clean up the mess.

Was it her "seeing the error of her ways"?... or, was her hearing brother out back in the trampoline???

trampoline = $12 million

steelreserve
08-20-2017, 08:26 PM
Bingo!!!

Not more than 30 minutes ago, my daughter was throwing a fit about cleaning up her room. There she stayed... until she miraculously decided to clean up the mess.

Was it her "seeing the error of her ways"?... or, was her hearing brother out back in the trampoline???

trampoline = $12 million

... and then to make it a true NFL analogy, she finishes cleaning her room and goes outside, and then sees her older brother's friends smoking dope in the alley, and says fuck that trampoline, I'm getting high! And then gets busted, but does the exact same thing the next day. Then wonders why nobody trusts her to go out in the alley and calls them out on Twitter.

Shoes
08-20-2017, 08:26 PM
Bingo!!!

trampoline = $12 million

:lol:

BlackAndGold
08-20-2017, 10:49 PM

pczach
08-21-2017, 06:05 AM

...............or unless someone is willing to pay him more than the Steelers do.

Right Le'Veon.........Right. :jerkit:

I might have been his biggest fan, but this is just him using social media to bullshit fans. I wish he'd just shut up about it. We already know he turned down a huge deal to make him the highest paid RB by a mile and a half.

Just get your ass into the building and do some reps to learn the offensive changes and get some things down before the regular season.

DesertSteel
08-21-2017, 08:39 AM
... and then to make it a true NFL analogy, she finishes cleaning her room and goes outside, and then sees her older brother's friends smoking dope in the alley, and says fuck that trampoline, I'm getting high! And then gets busted, but does the exact same thing the next day. Then wonders why nobody trusts her to go out in the alley and calls them out on Twitter.
That wasn't very nice turning our good friend teegre's daughter into a drug addict.

smokin3000gt
08-21-2017, 10:31 AM

poor Teegre... his daughter was doing so well until life in the fast lane...

teegre
08-21-2017, 09:21 PM
UPDATE:
Looking into the crystal ball, my daughter will get a full scholarship to Pitt, and then, a few years later, right before the draft, this thread will resurface. Boom!!! ...twenty-six teams will pass on her, before the Dolphins finally pull the trigger.

st33lersguy
08-21-2017, 10:47 PM

By "get rid of me" he probably means "doesn't break their salary cap trying to keep me at the ridiculous price tag I'm demanding"

pczach
08-22-2017, 06:03 AM
UPDATE:
Looking into the crystal ball, my daughter will get a full scholarship to Pitt, and then, a few years later, right before the draft, this thread will resurface. Boom!!! ...twenty-six teams will pass on her, before the Dolphins finally pull the trigger.

Angrychair will be waiting......

teegre
08-23-2017, 10:30 PM
Angrychair will be waiting......

This... made my day!!! :drink:

pczach
08-24-2017, 05:26 PM
This... made my day!!! :drink:

Ahhhhhh.......memories. :rant: