PDA

View Full Version : Rooney expects Bell to join Steelers before Week 1

Shoes
08-17-2017, 08:23 PM
Bell would be wise to take Arts advice if he wants to remain a Steeler.

Few people, if any, in the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) front office are worried that Le'Veon Bell (http://www.nfl.com/player/le'veonbell/2540175/profile)'s absence will extend into the regular season, including the owner.
Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) president Art Rooney II said Thursday that his star running back should be in the facility (http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/08/17/leveon-bell-fantasy-return-date-steelers-2017-season/stories/201708170191) before Week 1.
"He has not given any indication to anybody that he plans to hold out into the season," Rooney told reporters, per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "But I don't think he's given Mike [Tomlin] any day he's planning to come, either."

More here..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000831108/article/rooney-expects-bell-to-join-steelers-before-week-1

BlackAndGold
08-17-2017, 08:35 PM
Can't wait to watch the Killer B's together again.

DesertSteel
08-17-2017, 11:04 PM
If he doesn't come in ready to ball he'd only be hurting his own stock and leverage. But then again, I consider several of his other maneuvers to be stupid.

st33lersguy
08-17-2017, 11:42 PM
Selfish bell needs to get back immediately and should have never held out to begin with. He wouldn't have been able to accomplish anything with his public hissy fit

Hawkman
08-18-2017, 06:21 AM
I think he will sign sometime next week.

tube517
08-18-2017, 07:30 AM
In other news, the sky is blue

BurghBoy412
08-18-2017, 09:27 AM
He has to play. He bet on himself. If he doesn't produce a monster season he'll never get the money he desires.

AtlantaDan
08-18-2017, 09:30 AM
This is like a child pouting in his room - eventually you come downstairs because you have nowhere else to go

Mach1
08-18-2017, 09:54 AM
This is like a child pouting in his room - eventually you come downstairs because you have nowhere else to go

Bingo.

The only way he gets what he's wanting is having a monster season capped with a superbowl win.

teegre
08-18-2017, 11:11 AM

Yep.

I posted a similar analogy in another thread about my three-year old not wanting to put on his shoes when we are loading up to go to Disneyland: ultimately, he's gonna put on his shoes (because, he is NOT missing out on Disneyland).

Likewise, Bell is not going to simply walk away from $12 million dollars.

tube517
08-18-2017, 11:43 AM
Yep.

I posted a similar analogy in another thread about my three-year old not wanting to put on his shoes when we are loading up to go to Disneyland: ultimately, he's gonna put on his shoes (because, he is NOT missing out on Disneyland).

Likewise, Bell is not going to simply walk away from $12 million dollars.

Yeah, but Bell is not far from DisneyWorld. :chuckle:

Bluecoat96
08-18-2017, 12:34 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I noticed he deleted all of his posts on Instagram, and I can't even find him on Twitter. I'd imagine he's getting a huge amount of backlash for being a bitch and holding out.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

AtlantaDan
08-18-2017, 01:19 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I noticed he deleted all of his posts on Instagram, and I can't even find him on Twitter. I'd imagine he's getting a huge amount of backlash for being a bitch and holding out.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

He is going to get more now

Post-Gazette has this story up this afternoon

Le'Veon Bell nixed a five-year contract his agent had agreed on

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has learned that on the afternoon of the July 17 NFL deadline for Bell to come to terms on a multi-year contract, team officials thought they came to terms with his agent on a five-year deal. However, at the last minute, Bell nixed the contract.

The five-year deal, according to sources, averaged more than $12 million annually. While it could not be determined how much signing bonus or guaranteed money was included in that, the sources said it would have paid more than $30 million in the first two years.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/08/18/LeVeon-Bell-contract-agreement-rejection-agent-five-years-12-million-franchise-tag-post-gazette-exclusive/stories/201708180164

Franchise him again in 2018 then say bye-bye

BlackAndGold
08-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Bell shouldn't be receiving backlash, it's a business, him turning down that deal can only hurt him.

If no deal can be agreed on after the season the Steelers will tag him again, and they'll run the wheels off even more so, which again, only hurts Bell.

Bell will be here for week 1, that's the only thing that matters.

AtlantaDan
08-18-2017, 01:28 PM
Bell shouldn't be receiving backlash, it's a business, him turning down that deal can only hurt him.

I agree it's a business when both sides treat it that way - when the player's agent and the team's front office cannot reach a deal that is how it goes

In this case it appears the agent (who Bell hired to negotiate for him) allegedly said take the deal - looks like Bell is stuck on $15 million per as a reasonable deal based on nothing other than his own misguided opinion of his market value - so it is not as much a rational business decision (assuming Bell should rely on his agent), just ego

ALLD
08-18-2017, 02:58 PM
Just think if Bell took the reportedly $30m in the first 2 years and then renegotiated ala AB if he produced. There is precedence, but I think he wants to leave instead.

steel striker
08-18-2017, 03:00 PM
The Bell Saga continues...

BurghBoy412
08-18-2017, 03:44 PM
I may be reading this wrong but it appears like Bell doesn't want to stay in Pittsburgh.

BlackAndGold
08-18-2017, 03:48 PM
I'd need some proof, and legit reasons why Bell would want out of Pittsburgh, he just want his money.

AtlantaDan
08-18-2017, 03:51 PM
I'd need some proof, and legit reasons why Bell would want out of Pittsburgh, he just want his money.

Agreed - he just wants paid - if China or Russia had a football league and would meet his number he would go there (which is about as likely as any NFL team paying what he wants in guaranteed $$ for a perishable commodity like a running back)

BlackAndGold
08-18-2017, 04:00 PM
With these NBA stars(some not even stars) getting paid $25/30 mil per year, and the new learned risk of potential CTE, you're going to see a lot more players holding out for more "guaranteed" cash.

This is just the beginning.