PDA

View Full Version : Preseason game 2:Atlanta Falcons

polamalubeast
08-17-2017, 05:21 PM
What do you want to see against the Falcons?

I do not know if the starters in falcons offense will play and if they play, I do not know for how long, but if they play, it's going to be a good test for our defense.

In offense, I hope that Dobbs will be better in the beginning of game,but it could still be difficult in the beginning since it will probably be against the starting defense of the Falcons.

I hope our wide receiver and our running back, especially for Juju and Conner if they play will have a good game.

And Martavis Bryant will probably play his first game in 19 months Sunday!

BlackAndGold
08-17-2017, 05:41 PM
The same players as last week lol, plus Bryant!!!.

I'm hoping the young guys take another step after experiencing their first NFL game.

Heard Dobbs had a good day today in practice, seems like he understands his mistakes and improves on it. Hopefully he learned a good bit from last week and plays better. But I'm still expecting him to make mistakes against a starting NFL defense.

I'll be keeping my eyes on Hilton again. I liked what I read/heard during camp, but last week he started to make me believe he could be the future slot corner for this team, Gay better watch out. (who knew drafting Golson meant getting his teammate, maybe Colbert was onto something)

Hopefully Conner plays, he will be getting a huge cheer from the home fans at Heinz Field.

Joshua Dobbs, just throw it to #10, that it all.

86WARD
08-17-2017, 06:14 PM
I mainly want to see how good or bad the corners are. On offense, I want to see Conner, Bryant and see if Dobber gets any better.

Moose
08-17-2017, 06:40 PM
What do I want to see against the Falcons ? Damn, sooooo many things ! Pass rushing first of all, last week stunk. The Giants ran at will because there was no run stopping either. A lot of missed tackles again and again. I know, I know....it was only preseason and the first game at that, but damn guys what are you working on in camp ? Dobbs not bad, but I wasn't that impressed either. I felt the same with Hudson. So, hopefully the next couple games will start the ' weed out ' process.

polamalubeast
08-17-2017, 06:46 PM
What do I want to see against the Falcons ? Damn, sooooo many things ! Pass rushing first of all, last week stunk. The Giants ran at will because there was no run stopping either. A lot of missed tackles again and again. I know, I know....it was only preseason and the first game at that, but damn guys what are you working on in camp ? Dobbs not bad, but I wasn't that impressed either. I felt the same with Hudson. So, hopefully the next couple games will start the ' weed out ' process.

Several things...

1.The steelers had 7 sacks last week.
2.Missed tackle?...Only 8 against the giants...It was 16 last year in preseason opener
3.And yes,the steelers pratice their tackling...

I think you expected a bit too much for a first preseason game!

It was the best preseason opener since a very long time.In fact this is the first time the steelers won a preseason opener since 2010!

DesertSteel
08-17-2017, 06:49 PM
3 sacks from TJ

- - - Updated - - -

Several things...

1.The steelers had 7 sacks last week.
2.Missed tackle?...Only 8 against the giants...It was 16 last year in preseason opener
3.And yes,the steelers pratice their tackling...

What do the Steelers and Seahawks do differently?

polamalubeast
08-17-2017, 06:51 PM
What do the Steelers and Seahawks do differently?

King surely said that the Seahawks and Steelers have the most physical camps in the NFL.

Iron Steeler
08-17-2017, 09:04 PM
Dobbs just need to relax. Throw some 50/50 balls to Marty Mclfy and let him do the work.

BurghBoy412
08-17-2017, 09:34 PM
I wanna see Hargrave dominate Alex Mack. I also want to see how well Cockrell can play with Atlanta's talented receivers. Does anybody know if Sutton is going to play?

Craic
08-17-2017, 10:27 PM
I want to see TJ Watt earn a sack by beating a OT playing with decent technique.

I want to see Dobbs make rookie mistakes that weren't the same mistakes as last time, and then see him fix them and improve again within the same game.

I want to see Bryant dominate.

I want to see Hilton make a name for himself again.

I want to see our CBs overall play even better than last game.

But, overall, I want to start seeing 1 team on the field rather than 11 players in black and gold. It'd be nice to see the progression from individuals to team in the second preseason game, rather than the first or second game of the regular season.

polamalubeast
08-18-2017, 06:55 AM

polamalubeast
08-18-2017, 11:07 AM

BlackAndGold
08-18-2017, 01:16 PM
I wanna see Hargrave dominate Alex Mack. I also want to see how well Cockrell can play with Atlanta's talented receivers. Does anybody know if Sutton is going to play?

Sutton hasn't returned to practice yet. He is close though, maybe next week.

polamalubeast
08-18-2017, 04:01 PM
Interesting trash talking by some Falcons fan.......

If you want to read more,read this page!

https://twitter.com/TheSteelCrew

BlackAndGold
08-18-2017, 04:07 PM
Why are Atlanta fans even talking? They've won nothing, and just got embarrassed by blowing a 28-3 lead in the SB. They should still be hiding.

polamalubeast
08-18-2017, 04:10 PM
Personally if the Steelers would have lost a big game after having had a 25-point lead, I would not have the taste to watch another football game.

It was so bad!

BlackAndGold
08-18-2017, 04:12 PM
Personally if the Steelers would have lost a big game after having had a 25-point lead, I would not have the taste to watch another football game.

It was so bad!

It's honestly the worse way to lose.

ATL couldn't even get a FG, which would have won the the game smh.

Moose
08-20-2017, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the corrections all, I stand corrected. Still not liking the pass rushing though, just my opinion I guess. Go Steeler's, Atlanta game ought to be interesting I guess.

polamalubeast
08-20-2017, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the corrections all, I stand corrected. Still not liking the pass rushing though, just my opinion I guess. Go Steeler's, Atlanta game ought to be interesting I guess.

Dupree, Harrison and Watt will be our top 3 OLBs.The only one who played against the Giants was Watt and he had a great game.

Not because of his sacks, since his sacks were a dong sacks,but this is especially because that Watt put the pressures several times to the QB of the giants.Our starting D-line has been solid too.

SteelerFanInStl
08-20-2017, 09:27 AM
Why are Atlanta fans even talking? They've won nothing, and just got embarrassed by blowing a 28-3 lead in the SB. They should still be hiding.

I agree. Biggest choke job in the history of the Super Bowl. Fans these days always talking smack.

Moose
08-20-2017, 09:29 AM
I did like Watt's play attitude ! I think he's gonna be fun to watch.

polamalubeast
08-20-2017, 09:29 AM
I do not know if it's a good idea that Roethlisberger is not playing today.If we look at the other teams, almost all the teams had their starting QB play in the 2nd preseason game....Even Brady and Rodgers played yesterday.

I hope that our offense will not be rusty at the start of the season because of the lack of action in preseason, but it could happen that the timing is not very good.

The only action that our starting offense is going to have in this preseason is going to be against an awful defense(Colts)

BurghBoy412
08-20-2017, 10:31 AM
I've thought about this and I wonder if the coaching staff is viewing the Browns game week 1 almost as preseason game 5.

polamalubeast
08-20-2017, 10:36 AM
I've thought about this and I wonder if the coaching staff is viewing the Browns game week 1 almost as preseason game 5.

If this is the case, I'll understand why the Steelers are bad against the bad team ....

SteelMayhem72
08-20-2017, 11:44 AM
First thing im gonna be looking for....? Which players if any on either team is kneeling during the anthem. I dont think any on our team will but im thinking of going on a campaign for every player in the NFL that does this to be exposed and eventually be blacklisted! How can they being making all this money in this country (the only country they would make that money) and protest anything and not be grateful for having the opportunity is beyond me! I think the NFL needs to get some balls and start doing something about this...i know its basically left up to the owners but I better not see anyone on the steelers side doing this!!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Born2Steel
08-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Only 2 things I'll be watching. Pass rush. Short yardage plays.

SteelMayhem72
08-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Other than my tirade im excited to see conner and bryant get some reps today!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Dwinsgames
08-20-2017, 02:58 PM
game will be on ustvnow.com for those who have no other way to see it

ALLD
08-20-2017, 03:35 PM
It's on NFL Network too and the Steelers look like they are running backward. The D didn't show up.

Steeldude
08-20-2017, 04:20 PM
It's on NFL Network too and the Steelers look like they are running backward. The D didn't show up.

While it's only pre-season, I see the Steelers as a very average defense at best until they show otherwise.

polamalubeast
08-20-2017, 04:30 PM
I do not want to overreact on a preseason game, but the reality is that I do not think Keith Butler is the right man of the job.

The pass coverage has been awful in the first half.

Dwinsgames
08-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Ross Cockrell blows chunks , Robbie Golden is a spectator in the secondary until its time to hit someone and half of the normal starting front 7 isnt playing ... so there is that

BurghBoy412
08-20-2017, 06:16 PM
Ross Cockrell blows chunks , Robbie Golden is a spectator in the secondary until its time to hit someone and half of the normal starting front 7 isnt playing ... so there is that

I'm gonna give Ross Cockrell a pass because I believe he took the day off and let his alter ego "Coss Rockrell" play today.

AtlantaDan
08-20-2017, 06:29 PM

When you are a fan of Atlanta teams (to which I am pretty much indifferent - I just live here) you get used to the misery - 1 world championship (1995 Braves) in 50 years of MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL (2 hockey teams left town) play

- - - Updated - - -

I do not know if it's a good idea that Roethlisberger is not playing today.If we look at the other teams, almost all the teams had their starting QB play in the 2nd preseason game....Even Brady and Rodgers played yesterday.

I hope that our offense will not be rusty at the start of the season because of the lack of action in preseason, but it could happen that the timing is not very good.

The only action that our starting offense is going to have in this preseason is going to be against an awful defense(Colts)

Ben only played a total of 2 series in week three of the 2016 preseason and then the offense torched the Redskins in the Monday night opener

Not worried about Ben and AB being rested - but to make whatever point he is making Bell cannot delay showing up until the middle of the week before the Browns game

BurghBoy412
08-20-2017, 06:34 PM
1. Hopefully Conner will be the number 2 RB to start the season.
2. Some positives from Dangerfield even if it was against lesser competition.
3. Jordan Berry has a strong leg.
4. TJ Watt is stronger than I thought.
5. Martavis was rusty but he still has it.
6. Josh Dobbs is a solid 4th round pick. (His numbers would be even better if guys would catch the ball)
7. The secondary really needs Mike Mitchell to be out there. (luckily he is durable)
8. Jesse James wasn't spectacular but not awful by any stretch of the imagination. (TE should be addressed early in the 2018 draft)
9. Artie Burns had a solid showing.
10. My favorite player on this D is without a doubt Javon Har"grave digger". Hated seeing him leave early. Hope he's alright.

Shoes
08-20-2017, 06:40 PM
James doesn't know what to do after he catches the ball. I'd give McGee more playing time, he is a huge improvement over James in the blocking department, lets see how he does when he gets the ball. Then draft a real TE next year.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
08-20-2017, 07:49 PM
Should have grabbed the old guy that Cleveland let go. He was awesome a few years back and bet he still is close to that.

BurghBoy412
08-20-2017, 08:06 PM
Should have grabbed the old guy that Cleveland let go. He was awesome a few years back and bet he still is close to that.I started a sign Gary Barnidge thread. Nobody wanted to talk about him though. I'm with you though. I'm positive he would be an upgrade over the 3 TE's they have right now.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
08-20-2017, 10:18 PM
I started a sign Gary Barnidge thread. Nobody wanted to talk about him though. I with you though. I positive he would be an upgrade over the 3 TE's they have right now. Yep he would and don't hate Jesse and think he is okay but apparently the coaching staff have more faith in him. Not making any moves in the draft or grabbing Barnidge.

fansince'76
08-21-2017, 01:08 PM

That's because your RB rarely even has an opportunity to play in a big game. Get back to me when the Falcons actually manage to string together two winning seasons in a row. And 4 catches for 87 yards and 0 TDs in the SB doesn't exactly evoke memories of Lynn Swann or Jerry Rice.

Oh, and congrats on surpassing the 2007 Patriots for the biggest choke job in NFL history...

Born2Steel
08-21-2017, 04:48 PM

That's because your RB rarely even has an opportunity to play in a big game. Get back to me when the Falcons actually manage to string together two winning seasons in a row. And 4 catches for 87 yards and 0 TDs in the SB doesn't exactly evoke memories of Lynn Swann or Jerry Rice.

Oh, and congrats on surpassing the 2007 Patriots for the biggest choke job in NFL history...

Having lived in Saints country and Falcons country in my life, neither team's fanbase has had enough success for them to have any trash talk experience. I guess the Saints fans do have 1 SB to back up some trash talk, but Falcon fans need to go back into hiding until they do hoist a trophy.