PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger Expects To Sit Out Second Preseason Game

polamalubeast
08-15-2017, 06:22 AM
Are you ready to see a lot more of Pittsburgh Steelers rookie quarterback Joshua Dobbs during the preseason? By the sound of things, he’ll start the teams Sunday night home preseason game against the Atlanta Falcons.

During a recent interview on 93.7 The Fan, Steelers starting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he’s not expecting to play in the team’s Sunday night game against the Falcons..

“That’s what I’ve been told, yes,” Roethlisberger said when asked if he’ll sit out the team’s second preseason game.

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/roethlisberger-expects-sit-second-preseason-game/

86WARD
08-15-2017, 06:56 AM
No surprise.

Iron Steeler
08-15-2017, 07:06 AM
I do want to see more Dobbs. See if shook off his butterflys and if he can really play.

GBMelBlount
08-15-2017, 07:29 AM
Since Jones is not the answer for Ben's replacement, I hope they play Dobbs as much as possible in order to determine IF he has the potential to be our long term answer at QB.

tube517
08-15-2017, 07:33 AM
No surprise.

This. Game 3 is the real practice game for the starters.

BlackAndGold
08-15-2017, 10:10 AM
Good, he doesn't need it anyway.

Looks like Dobbs may get another start, unless Jones returns from injury.

Edman
08-15-2017, 10:29 AM
That's what usually happens. Ben and the starters usually don't play until Game 3.

Looks like Dobbs may get another start, unless Jones returns from injury.

Why? Jones hit his ceiling and he'll never be more than what he is. He took that role and he appears satisfied and content in keeping it. If Jones was the next man up, the Steelers wouldn't have drafted Dobbs in the first place.

It's Dobbs time. Time to see what he can really do.

steel striker
08-15-2017, 12:13 PM
Yeah I would like to see what Dobbs can do and, look at Connor at RB.