PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger didn't mean to freak everyone out about his retirement

polamalubeast
08-14-2017, 04:29 PM
Ben Roethlisberger started the will-he-or-won’t-he retirement discussion back in January, and he says he’s not shooting for a replay.

“I understand, so it won’t happen again,” he said Monday (while laughing, for the record).

Gooood luck.

Roethlisberger was speaking on the first 2017 season edition of his weekly radio segment on 93.7 The Fan. That’s where he first floated the idea back in January. Because the idea of the Steelers’ quarterback retiring while healthy after a trip to the AFC championship was a big deal, people noticed. Eventually, in April, Roethlisberger announced that he’d be back.

Roethlisberger, speaking with hosts Ron Cook and Andrew Fillipponi, says the whole hullabaloo took him by surprise. Just thinking out loud, it seems.

“That’s all it was. It was just thoughts. It was just, I think, a prudent thing to do. Maybe I should’ve worded it, like, ‘Hey, I’m probably coming back, but I need to consider all my options.’ It had nothing to do with the [loss to the Patriots in the AFC championship] and this and that.

“It really was all about football, life, what’s going on at my age.”

read more

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/08/14/ben-roethlisberger-retirement-steelers-2017-season/stories/201708140104