PDA

View Full Version : T.J. Watt earns highest grade of the game from PFF in Steelers preseason opener

polamalubeast
08-12-2017, 10:45 AM
EDGE T.J. Watt, 86.1 overall grade

The stat sheet looks spectacular, and there’s nothing wrong with making the plays that come your way, but Watt’s six total pressures (including two sacks) and batted pass are inflated a bit, as was his 25.0 pass-rush productivity mark. His first sack was of the clean-up variety as QB Josh Johnson was flushed his way and the second came as an unblocked rusher to an overloaded side of the pass protection. Still, it was an impressive debut for Watt who also had a couple of nice rushes against fellow rookie, OT Adam Bisnowaty, while also picking up a run stop.

read more

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/12/t-j-watt-earns-highest-grade-of-the-game-from-pff-in-steelers-preseason-opener/

teegre
08-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Dong sacks!!!

tube517
08-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Dong sacks!!!

http://www.stillers.com/Article/View/41893ea7-6578-44db-9ee9-ad3085ccdcb4

:lol:

teegre
08-12-2017, 12:42 PM
http://www.stillers.com/Article/View/41893ea7-6578-44db-9ee9-ad3085ccdcb4

:lol:

Gildong sacks
Wooden Dong sacks
Worildong sacks

Wattong sacks?
TJong sacks???
JJ's Brodong sacks?????

st33lersguy
08-12-2017, 12:55 PM
Gildong sacks
Wooden Dong sacks
Worildong sacks

Wattong sacks?
TJong sacks???
JJ's Brodong sacks?????

The Watt Dong

BurghBoy412
08-12-2017, 01:01 PM
As with a lot of things. It's looking like I was way wrong about drafting this guy. I guess that's why I'm not a GM. Hats off to Colbert and Tomlin for picking Watt. I think we have a star in the making fellas!

GBMelBlount
08-12-2017, 02:02 PM
https://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/1-21-gigawatts-great-scott.png

teegre
08-12-2017, 02:30 PM
https://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/1-21-gigawatts-great-scott.png

1.21 DONGawatts!!!

Shoes
08-12-2017, 02:39 PM
I think Harrison/Watt are going to make a nice combo!

teegre
08-12-2017, 02:50 PM
I think Harrison/Watt are going to make a nice combo!

Wattison McDong

Hawkman
08-12-2017, 09:34 PM
Wattison McDong

:huh::chuckle::chuckle:

ALLD
08-12-2017, 11:57 PM
Watt looked good, just like his brother. It's about time we had some fire on the D.

pczach
08-13-2017, 09:15 AM
Wattison McDong

I'm glad you have finally embraced the "Dongness".

If you had continued down the road of positive thinking, you would surely have been banned and sent away in shame.

A Steelers message board is no place for hope and happiness.

:buttkick: :toofunny:

teegre
08-13-2017, 03:05 PM
If you had continued down the road of positive thinking, you would surely have been banned and sent away in shame.

Just like the time that I got banned for celebrating SuperBowl XLIII.

43Hitman
08-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Just like the time that I got banned for celebrating SuperBowl XLIII.You're better off.. lol

86WARD
08-13-2017, 06:03 PM
Watt looked good, just like his brother. It's about time we had some fire on the D.

Does he have the fire though that JJ has to elevate the rest of the team? I don't see it from him that way and sometimes I get the feeling that he's just in Pittsburgh to play out this contract and then go somewhere he wants to be. Not sure why, but I get that feeling sometimes...

polamalubeast
08-13-2017, 06:05 PM
Does he have the fire though that JJ has to elevate the rest of the team? I don't see it from him that way and sometimes I get the feeling that he's just in Pittsburgh to play out this contract and then go somewhere he wants to be. Not sure why, but I get that feeling sometimes...

Too early to think about his next contract!

Shoes
08-13-2017, 06:12 PM
Too early to think about his next contract!

I'll say, but TJ did say he felt like he belonged in Pittsburgh. Thats good enough for me.

Butch
08-13-2017, 06:43 PM

I don't get the same feeling, I think he is simply a rookie trying to fit in at this point. I also think that JJ was in a much different situation there were no real leaders on the Texans team like there is here. You also have the fact that we are known for our legendary defenders, so I think he's trying to prove himself at this point. I think given time he will be a leader on this defense, but right now it's time to show what you are capable of. He is concentrating on football and for me, right now, that's good enough for me.

fwiw I am trying not to get too excited about what we have in TJ, but damn it's not easy, especially when he has as great of a start as he had on Friday. Yes it may not have been starters, but for a rookie he wasn't lost or look out of place. I always say if there was 1 player I wanted on our team from another team my answer has always been JJ, now we got TJ hopefully that is the answer to my prayers.

86WARD
08-13-2017, 06:56 PM
I don't get the same feeling, I think he is simply a rookie trying to fit in at this point. I also think that JJ was in a much different situation there were no real leaders on the Texans team like there is here. You also have the fact that we are known for our legendary defenders, so I think he's trying to prove himself at this point. I think given time he will be a leader on this defense, but right now it's time to show what you are capable of. He is concentrating on football and for me, right now, that's good enough for me.

fwiw I am trying not to get too excited about what we have in TJ, but damn it's not easy, especially when he has as great of a start as he had on Friday. Yes it may not have been starters, but for a rookie he wasn't lost or look out of place. I always say if there was 1 player I wanted on our team from another team my answer has always been JJ, now we got TJ hopefully that is the answer to my prayers.

This is what I hope. I like him a lot and think he's gonna be a nice addition.

teegre
08-14-2017, 06:45 AM
I get the feeling that he's just in Pittsburgh to play out this contract and then go somewhere he wants to be. Not sure why, but I get that feeling sometimes...

:huh:

SteelerFanInStl
08-15-2017, 12:34 PM
:huh:

Exactly. There hasn't been a single thing that TJ has said or done to make anyone think that he doesn't want to be in Pittsburgh. Quite the opposite actually.

DesertSteel
08-15-2017, 03:17 PM
I'll worry about it in 5 years, and 4 Pro Bowls later.