PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes: Being A Part Of Steeler Nation Is ‘About A Legacy'

polamalubeast
08-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Not all great members of the Pittsburgh Steelers are great for a long period of time. Not all of them get the favor of having a harmonious departure with the team. But more often than not, before too long, they tend to find themselves back within the fold of the Steelers organization.

Perhaps, for many of them, either because of experiences that they had in other organizations or simply because of the detachment and time to reflect, they realize later on just what sort of familial community they were and remain a part of when they were chosen to join the Steelers organization.

We have seen this quite a bit over the years, both in terms of current players returning to the team after experiencing life elsewhere in the NFL, and in retired players who want to remain a part of the group they started with, or most identified, in the case of somebody like Charlie Batch.

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/santonio-holmes-part-steeler-nation-legacy/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

86WARD
08-09-2017, 09:35 AM
If Holmes would've completed his career in Pittsburgh, he would've been one of the best receivers in Steelers history and one of the Top receivers in the league during his career.

Hawkman
08-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Didn't we already have "one for the thumb".

polamalubeast
08-09-2017, 09:43 AM
If Holmes would've completed his career in Pittsburgh, he would've been one of the best receivers in Steelers history and one of the Top receivers in the league during his career.

If Holmes would not have had his big injury like he had in 2012.One thing is sure, Holmes was maybe inconstant, but he was very clutch.

Holmes had had a big play in each of the 3 playoffs games in 2008 and he had 8 TD in 7 games(Or something like that) against the Ravens between 2007 to 2009!...He was a Ravens killer.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't we already have "one for the thumb".

He said the other thumb

Without him, we may still be looking for that “one for the other thumb

BlackAndGold
08-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Trading Holmes brought AB, so it was good to trade him.

polamalubeast
08-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Trading Holmes brought AB, so it was good to trade him.

It was an awful trade that turned a great one, the steelers have been very lucky.

BlackAndGold
08-09-2017, 10:23 AM
It was an awful trade that turned a great one, the steelers have been very lucky.

Yep.

Trade breakdown: Holmes to Jets for a 5th round draft choice, then the Steelers traded that pick to the Cardinals for Bryant McFadden, and their 6th round pick.

Thanks you Jets, and thank you Cardinals.

tube517
08-09-2017, 10:49 AM
He made his mark in Steelers hisotry in that 08 playoff run. Every game he made a big/clutch play and the arguably one of the most clutch plays of all time. The replays of his TD catch are iconic. He made almost every catch on that drive except one. Hines was injured and not 100% and Heath had to help block for that awful O-line so it was pretty much up to him and Ben to get #6.

Born2Steel
08-09-2017, 11:14 AM
He made his mark in Steelers hisotry in that 08 playoff run. Every game he made a big/clutch play and the arguably one of the most clutch plays of all time. The replays of his TD catch are iconic. He made almost every catch on that drive except one. Hines was injured and not 100% and Heath had to help block for that awful O-line so it was pretty much up to him and Ben to get #6.

To me that is the BIG difference between Steelers' rings and Pats' rings. Holmes making that iconic catch and making THE PLAY, vs Seahawks and Falcons making bonehead decisions and giving the game away.

polamalubeast
08-09-2017, 11:19 AM
To me that is the BIG difference between Steelers' rings and Pats' rings. Holmes making that iconic catch and making THE PLAY, vs Seahawks and Falcons making bonehead decisions and giving the game away.

or kicking out the bounds(2003 Panthers)....

DesertSteel
08-09-2017, 11:43 AM
He will always have "the catch." For me, that ranks up there (or even ahead, given the stakes) with Franco's.

polamalubeast
08-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Everyone will remember of his catch and rightfully so, but in the final drive,Holmes had 78 yards in that drive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt9xqnurpUw

And the play by Ben in the 3:57 of this video was huge too!

86WARD
08-09-2017, 12:29 PM
God that offensive line was so bad. But Holmes was so good and I don't care how fat you think LaMar Woodley was, he got the job done to seal that victory.

tube517
08-09-2017, 12:30 PM
God that offensive line was so bad. But Holmes was so good and I don't care how fat you think LaMar Woodley was, he got the job done to seal that victory.

Tell that to Phillip Rivers who called Woodley "Fat Boy" :chuckle:

polamalubeast
08-09-2017, 12:33 PM

Woodley was another player who was clutch in his good days(10 or 11 sacks in his first 7 playoffs games)

The offensive line is the worst ever to win a super bowl!!!!

Hawkman
08-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Everyone will remember of his catch and rightfully so, but in the final drive,Holmes had 78 yards in that drive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt9xqnurpUw

And the play by Ben in the 3:57 of this video was huge too!

Man that game had so many highs and lows. I remember having the SB party at my house, and I hardly talked to anyone. One friend of a friend got up in my face when AZ went up 23-20. I had to be held back to keep from slugging him. Needless to say, he wasn't invited back the next year. What a game!! If Holmes doesn't make that catch or Deebo doesn't run that interception back for a TD.......

Mojouw
08-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Oh sweet lord. I just watched that video twice. I forget how bad that line was. Also, Woodley was a beast on that final Cards drive. He just steamrolled the tackle into the backfield on every play.

Football come back soon!

pczach
08-09-2017, 04:28 PM
And I wonder how we would have thought about Holmes if he didn't make that catch in the back of the end zone...after he dropped the easier catch for a touchdown the play before the catch!

Ben was awesome on that drive surviving the OL and making every throw and good decision.

Steeldude
08-10-2017, 04:20 AM
I am probably one of the very few who jumped up and down in enjoyment when Holmes left. IMO, he was sorely overrated.

Butch
08-10-2017, 07:01 AM
I always loved the combination of Ben and Santonio the 2 were as good as it gets when the pressure was on. Yes Santonio let the pass easier slip through his hands, but he made all the other catches along the way and was clutch in getting us through the playoffs. As stated earlier he was a ravens killer, and a pretty good punt returner.

teegre
08-10-2017, 07:17 AM
I am probably one of the very few who jumped up and down in enjoyment when Holmes left. IMO, he was sorely overrated.

You're not alone.

I was was banned from a certain website (dong sacks!!!) for celebrating SuperBowl XLIII. So, that guy was probably jumping up & down with you.

43Hitman
08-10-2017, 11:31 AM
I always loved the combination of Ben and Santonio the 2 were as good as it gets when the pressure was on. Yes Santonio let the pass easier slip through his hands, but he made all the other catches along the way and was clutch in getting us through the playoffs. As stated earlier he was a ravens killer, and a pretty good punt returner.He was a better punt returner than AB that's for sure.

polamalubeast
08-13-2017, 08:31 AM

43Hitman
08-13-2017, 05:54 PM
You know what's creepy about that last play. SB 43. Score combined before TD is 43. Seconds left on the clock at start of last play 43.

Add each group and you get 777

polamalubeast
08-24-2017, 04:39 PM

43Hitman
08-24-2017, 05:39 PM
900532133948661760I knew right then we were going to pull out the victory that night. Ben and Bongtonio were unstoppable on that drive.

ALLD
08-24-2017, 07:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

Hawkman
08-24-2017, 08:10 PM
I knew right then we were going to pull out the victory that night. Ben and Bongtonio were unstoppable on that drive.

Gotta love how quickly Heath got down the field to block.

43Hitman
08-25-2017, 03:31 AM
Gotta love how quickly Heath got down the field to block.I miss that guy!