PDA

View Full Version : Art Rooney II Wants More Consistency Out Of Steelers Red Zone Offense In 2017

polamalubeast
08-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers team president Art Rooney II was a guest on SiriusXM NFL Radio during the team’s Friday Night Lights practice at Latrobe High School and perhaps the most interesting question he was asked during the interview was: What’s the one main area he wants to see the team improve upon in 2017?

“I think, number one, we have been improving in a number of areas and so, I think we just need to be a consistent football team,” Rooney said.

Rooney didn’t stop there, however.

“One of the things we’ve had over the years is that we’ve been a little uneven, a little inconsistent here and there and last year, like being in the red zone, we’ve got to be better in the red zone and it’s just a matter of being consistent,” he said.” And I think we’ve got all those pieces there if we just maintain a steady level of play throughout every game, throughout every week, that’s what we need.”

Rooney pointing to wanting more consistency in the red zone in 2017 isn’t overall surprising and especially when it comes to home and away games. Last season, the Steelers offense posted a 59.18% red zone scoring percentage and that tied them for 12th in the league.

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/art-rooney-ii-wants-consistency-steelers-red-zone-offense-2017/

He is right....Sometimes our red zone offense is great, sometimes our red zone offense is terrible

The games on the road against the Chiefs and Bengals are on the best example.

It's consistency that is important.

Hawkman
08-07-2017, 09:08 PM
He's not the only one who feels that way.