PDA

View Full Version : Conference Call: Steelers WR Hines Ward

stillers4me
09-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Posted 1 hour ago (long read but well worth it!)

[/URL]

http://www.titansonline.com/assets/images/news/ward091510.jpgSTEELERS WR HINES WARD
(on whether the matchup with the Titans is still special)
Yes, it is always going to be a good battle each time we play each other. Two years ago, we went down there and got our tails handed to us. Last year, we opened up the season with them and won in overtime. It has always been a close battle. There has never really been a true, true blowout but any time you have Tennessee playing Pittsburgh it is always going to be a physical matchup.
(on whether Steelers fans have forgiven the Titans for stepping on the Terrible Towel, especially since the perpetrators are no longer on the Titans)
No. When you disrespect the towel, you are disrespecting the people here in Pittsburgh and all of Steeler Nation. They still remember it and they will always remember that.
(on whether the Steelers players will remember it)
It doesn’t matter. It is a disrespect to us, but we don’t play for somebody stepping on a towel or not.
(on whether opening the season with a physical opponent is good for a team or if it takes some time to recover)
A win is a win. We will take a win by any means necessary, if it’s overtime or a blowout or closer, at the end of the day we are 1-0 right now. It is always great to start the year off with a win. It gets you going in the right direction. It is something to build on.
(on Dennis Dixon and the adjustments the offense has made with him as the starter and not Ben Roethlisberger)
We had to simplify some things. We weren’t able to run the whole package and do some things. .........................

[URL]http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Conference-Call-Steelers-WR-Hines-Ward/942a3130-e9ba-44d5-a276-069b7bb69542 (http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Conference-Call-Steelers-WR-Hines-Ward/942a3130-e9ba-44d5-a276-069b7bb69542#)

polamalubeast
09-15-2010, 04:35 PM
(on what are some of the most memorable games he’s played against the Titans over the years)

Just over the years I remember the playoff game when Dewayne Washington ran into the field goal kicker. That was a great ballgame; it just kept going back-and-forth, back-and-forth and you hated to see it end on something like that, but you guys won the playoff game and we went on. It was one of those great games, it was one of those games that could have made instant-classic sports or whatever, it was just a back-and-forth game and I just remember it being a tight, physical ballgame.

(on if that was roughing the kicker)

I mean the rule is the rule, I don’t know if it was really roughing the kicker—especially when he comes out and says he did a pretty good acting job on it. But it is what it is, there is nothing you can do about it.
-----------------------------------
:mad::doh2:

Very bad memory!

was a very heartbreaking loss against the Titans in 2002(playoffs)

But it was an incredible game!