PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison among 11 active players on Hall of Fame bubble

polamalubeast
08-04-2017, 05:17 PM
Last year, Gregg Rosenthal examined which active players are on the Hall of Fame bubble. The list below revisits some of those names and adds four new players to the mix.

Surefire Hall of Famers like Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, Antonio Gates and Larry Fitzgerald aren't listed. Players younger than 30 were also ignored. This exercise is intended to focus on the long shots and players on the bubble who could still improve their Hall of Fame prospects with some late-career magic.

Helped their case

James Harrison, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers:

Admittedly the longest shot on last year's list, Harrison's 2016 season should be remembered when he's eventually considered for induction. His playoff performance against Miami was one of the best games authored by a defender all of last season. At the age of 38 -- and despite the Steelers' 17 or so different attempts to replace him in recent years -- he was as valuable as any defender on a Pittsburgh squad that went to the AFC Championship Game. A slow start to his career has been balanced out by a long tail end. I almost hesitated to include Harrison here because he may only be at the midpoint of his career.

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000825639/article/matt-ryan-among-11-active-players-on-hall-of-fame-bubble?campaign=Twitter_atn

86WARD
08-04-2017, 05:31 PM
If he does decent this year and gets another ring, he could be in. I don't think he will get in otherwise.

polamalubeast
08-04-2017, 05:37 PM
If he does decent this year and gets another ring, he could be in. I don't think he will get in otherwise.

The fact that Terrell Davis is in the HOF will help Harrison's chance.

If Harrison has a big game in the playoffs (in a super bowl or in a playoff game against the Pats) like Freeney at the last super bowl, he will be very very close!

And Harrison is able to give us a big game even at his age, we saw it last year against Miami and even against KC in the playoffs.

DesertSteel
08-04-2017, 11:26 PM
As crazy as it sounds to get 10 sacks, I think if he gets 10 and we win the Super Bowl, his chances go drastically up.