PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin On Hunter: ‘He’s Making A Lot Of Plays’

Shoes
08-03-2017, 06:49 PM
If we’ve learned anything during the Pittsburgh Steelers first six training camp practices of 2017, it’s the fact that new wide receiver Justin Hunter is making himself very hard player to cut later on in the summer.
Hunter, the former second-round draft pick of the Tennessee Titans, seems to be making a few big plays in each and every practice and Thursday was no different. After Thursday’s practice concluded, Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was asked about Hunter and if he’s been impressed by the fifth-year wide receiver so far during training camp.
“He’s making a lot of plays and doing a good job,” Tomlin said. “But as you mentioned, he’s a veteran football player and I think we remember that although he’s new to us, he’s going into his fifth year in the National Football League and it shows from time to time.”
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/tomlin-hunter-hes-making-lot-plays/

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
08-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Like I said months back he will make the team. Bey, Ayers and the guy that drops td's won't.

Shoes
08-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Like I said months back he will make the team. Bey, Ayers and the guy that drops td's won't.

I said back in June he'll take Coates place. I think that will happen.

08-03-2017, 07:00 PM
I said back in June he'll take Coates place. I think that will happen. You may very well be right but Coates will still make the team. Anyhow good call!

Shoes
08-03-2017, 07:05 PM
You may very well be right but Coates will still make the team. Anyhow good call!

I think he'll make the team also, its a good thing there is so much competition!

polamalubeast
08-03-2017, 07:06 PM
I would not be surprised if Coates is traded for a slot corner at the time of the cuts, but I would be surprised if he is cut, he is not that bad.

08-03-2017, 07:12 PM
I think he'll make the team also, its a good thing there is so much competition! Agreed and love the wr depth.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not be surprised if Coates is traded for a slot corner at the time of the cuts, but I would be surprised if he is cut, he is not that bad. That could happen but yea he won't get cut. Anymore injuries from him and he may land on the IR for most of the season.

Born2Steel
08-03-2017, 07:12 PM
I think one of our 'one trick pony' WRs will get cut to make room to sign a veteran TE that another team cuts. AB, Bryant, Rogers, and JuJu are probably our only guarantees at this point. Hunter, Coates, DHB, Ayers, Hamilton, Severin, etc, all need to impress a bit more to ensure their spot.

BlackAndGold
08-04-2017, 02:40 AM
I think he has a shot of making the team over DHB, but let's see if this translates to real games. If we relied on training camp play, Chickillo is a future 1st ballot HOF.

Imo, they will give Coates every opportunity to get healthy and play, people forgot how great he was playing before the hand injury. Also he's still under contract for next season, unlike Hunter, another reason why I don't think he'll be cut.