PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Four Main Offseason Free Agent Additions Showing Well In Training Camp

stillers4me
08-03-2017, 10:50 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers added four primary outside free agents earlier in the offseason and with five training camp practices now in the books, it appears as though all are solid additions and potential contributors for the upcoming 2017 season.

Of the four primary outside free agents added this offseason, wide receiver Justin Hunter, defensive end Tyson Alualu, cornerback Coty Sensabaugh and running back Knile Davis, Hunter appears to have received the most press so far when it comes to positive practice play. During his Wednesday talk with the media, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger talked positively about his newest tall wide receiver.

“It’s been really good, I don’t want to get too excited too early, but I really like the presence that he brings,” Roethlisberger said of Hunter. “A veteran guy, you know it’s not like it’s his first year. He understands the NFL and what it takes and works hard. And really, I’m excited about what he can bring.”

Hunter is getting plenty of opportunities to shine early in training camp as Martavis Bryant has yet to practice at Saint Vincent College due to problems with his conditional reinstatement and Sammie Coates starting off his time in Latrobe on the Active PUP list with a knee issue. Hunter has shown to be a legitimate red zone threat so far during practices in addition to being a deep threat.

As for Alualu, the Steelers most expensive offseason free agent addition, he’s reportedly put together a nice string of practices the last few days and appears to be locked in as the primary backup to starting defensive ends Cameron Heyward and Stephon Tuitt..........

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/steelers-four-main-offseason-free-agent-additions-showing-well-training-camp/

BlackAndGold
08-04-2017, 01:08 AM
Alualu is going to bring great depth, was an A+ signing honestly, for the role he'll play and at the price.

I'm not sure about Davis, don't see much going on there. Hopefully he shows well, if not, hopefully the FO calls the Eagles about Darren Sproles. Someone who can return kicks/punts and be another receiving option for Ben.

pczach
08-04-2017, 03:44 AM
Alualu is going to bring great depth, was an A+ signing honestly, for the role he'll play and at the price.

I'm not sure about Davis, don't see much going on there. Hopefully he shows well, if not, hopefully the FO calls the Eagles about Darren Sproles. Someone who can return kicks/punts and be another receiving option for Ben.

Davis will need to show his worth on special teams in the return game. He has been very good as a kick returner.

If you can carry a third RB that hardly ever sees the field but fills the kickoff return duties, I think it goes a long way to improving the team without risking premium position players.

We'll start finding out what he can do soon enough. Danny Smith has been a wizard at figuring out ways to improve the return game.........:rolleyes:

If the return game doesn't improve this year, this guy needs to be gone. He can take the naked pictured he has of everyone in the organization and just leave.:chuckle:

BlackAndGold
08-04-2017, 04:49 AM
Davis will need to show his worth on special teams in the return game. He has been very good as a kick returner.

If you can carry a third RB that hardly ever sees the field but fills the kickoff return duties, I think it goes a long way to improving the team without risking premium position players.

We'll start finding out what he can do soon enough. Danny Smith has been a wizard at figuring out ways to improve the return game.........:rolleyes:

If the return game doesn't improve this year, this guy needs to be gone. He can take the naked pictured he has of everyone in the organization and just leave.:chuckle:

He's had moments as a returner, but still average. But compared to the recent players who returned kicks for this team, he's the 2nd coming of Devin Hester.

The third RB may be Toussaint, whom has been impressing in practice by losing 20lbs.

I've felt like D.Smith should have been replaced by now, I definitely can see him being let go if things do not improve this season.

tube517
08-04-2017, 07:51 AM
Justin Hunter may beat out DHB and Coates

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk