PDA

View Full Version : Biggest threat for the Steelers in the AFC North?

polamalubeast
07-30-2017, 11:44 AM
Maybe for the first time under Tomlin, the steelers will have very little competition in this division.

I don't know if you know the number of the Ravens injuries, but it's ridiculous.

The Bengals have lost several players in the last two off-season and the Browns are the Browns!

That would be a huge shocker if the Steelers don't win the division, so the goal in the regular season will be to have at least a first round BYE for the playoffs.

AtlantaDan
07-30-2017, 12:20 PM
Maybe for the first time under Tomlin, the steelers will have very little competition in this division.

I don't know if you know the number of the Ravens injuries, but it's ridiculous.

The Bengals have lost several players in the last two off-season and the Browns are the Browns!

That would be a huge shocker if the Steelers don't win the division, so the goal in the regular season will be to have at least a first round BYE for the playoffs.

I never count out the Ravens - for whatever reason they have been successful against the Steelers despite the Steelers superior talent for the past several seasons - if the Steelers had not woke up in the 4th quarter after being outplayed by the Ravens until then last Christmas my bet is the Steelers would have missed the playoffs and Tomlin would be on the coaching hot seat

It would be nice if the Steelers could win in Baltimore in week 4 for the first time since 2012

Mojouw
07-30-2017, 12:26 PM
Cincinnati if healthy and not suspended has accumulated a ton of talent on offense. Mixon, Green, and Eifert could be a nightmare.

AtlantaDan
07-30-2017, 12:32 PM
Cincinnati if healthy and not suspended has accumulated a ton of talent on offense. Mixon, Green, and Eifert could be a nightmare.

Someone has to block - their OL has been decimated

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/05/29/cincinnati-bengals-offensive-line-breakdown-2017/

polamalubeast
07-30-2017, 12:37 PM
I never count out the Ravens - for whatever reason they have been successful against the Steelers despite the Steelers superior talent for the past several seasons - if the Steelers had not woke up in the 4th quarter after being outplayed by the Ravens until then last Christmas my bet is the Steelers would have missed the playoffs and Tomlin would be on the coaching hot seat

It would be nice if the Steelers could win in Baltimore in week 4 for the first time since 2012

The Ravens have always been tough against the Steelers, no matter the roster, but the ravens will not only play against the steelers.

We saw that in 2015, when they had 2 wins against the Steelers but they finished 5-11...I'm not saying that's what will happen, but I don't see them winning the division with all the injuries they have.

tube517
07-30-2017, 12:37 PM
Ratbirds always give Steelers a tough 2 games.

But those injuries suck for them.

teegre
07-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Q: Who is the biggest threat for the Steelers?

A: Hold outs, suspensions, injuries, marijuana, Facebook Live...

BurghBoy412
07-30-2017, 12:39 PM

It would be nice if the Steelers could win in Baltimore in week 4 for the first time since 2012I agree. Baltimore is always a threat. Doesn't matter how decimated they may appear to be.

BurghBoy412
07-30-2017, 12:41 PM

A: Hold outs, suspensions, injuries, marijuana, Facebook Live...They truly are the only one's holding themselves back.

polamalubeast
07-30-2017, 12:44 PM
I agree. Baltimore is always a threat. Doesn't matter how decimated they may appear to be.

In the games against us, yes they are very hard to beat no matter the roster of the two teams.

But they'll play 14 other games too.

- - - Updated - - -

This

It will be their fault if the steelers don't win the division.

Mojouw
07-30-2017, 01:12 PM
Someone has to block - their OL has been decimated

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/05/29/cincinnati-bengals-offensive-line-breakdown-2017/

Great point. I totally forgot about that. Mixon still scares me, even behind a bad line. He is a crappy human being, but he might be a mutant cross between Elliot and Bell.

st33lersguy
07-30-2017, 01:43 PM
Ratbirds, particularly Ratbirds defense. They always play tough.

Bengals have lost too many players the last 2 offseasons, including their top 2 Olinemen this offseason. They lost so many players, they resigned the mediocre Dre Kirkpatrick for $10 million+ a year just to not lose more bodies. Add to the fact that Marvin Lewis is not a good coach

As for the Browns, yeah they've added pieces but it's too soon for them to sniff competency this year

86WARD
07-30-2017, 02:52 PM
Bengals. They lost Whitworth but they gained a lot of talent through the draft and if healthy, they are pretty decent on offense and defense. Baltimore is losing players left and right, the offense is going through changes and is going to be more of a west coast style.

Dwinsgames
07-30-2017, 04:39 PM
Biggest threat for the Steelers in the AFC North?

Themselves !

SteelerFanInStl
07-30-2017, 04:52 PM
Iloka was carted off the field today after a non-contact knee injury. That would be a major loss for the Bengals if it's serious.

ALLD
07-30-2017, 06:19 PM
Browns would have the best shot if they weren't the Browns. No reason with all those high draft picks not to succeed, but they are the Browns.

steelreserve
07-30-2017, 09:09 PM
The Steelers are the Steelers' biggest threat.

On paper it looks like everything is shaping up great, but there's always the chance of some bonehead 2-4 start for no reason at all. Then one key injury and it turns into a 2-6 start while the (insert team name) surprise everyone by coming out of nowhere to be the last undefeated team in the league, and we're already fighting for a wild card spot that we're 3 games out of plus our tiebreakers have all been destroyed by conference losses or some shit. Then guys start mailing it in, and the second half of the season is just a circus about whether Bell is coming back (he isn't), and MAYBE we put together a late surge to get to 8-8 so message board people can say "well we STILL haven't had a losing season, omg Steelers fans are so spoiled!!!"

I mean, that's the worst case, but just saying, you can't take anything for granted in the NFL. Things can snowball out of control pretty quick. In fact, we had pretty much that exact same season not long ago.

Anyway, hopefully our luck is better than THAT.

GBMelBlount
07-30-2017, 09:19 PM

Ha! Themselves. Was just thinking this when I read your post.

polamalubeast
08-21-2017, 08:13 PM
The biggest threat to the steelers in this division is Vontaze Burfict and Greg Williams because of their history

No need to tell the story of Burfict against us and for Greg Williams, he is the DC of the browns and his teams are still dirty...Remember the games against the rams in 2015 when Roethlisberger was injured .... Their DC was Greg Williams.

And just look at the dirty hit that OBJ had against the Browns tonight ...

Shoes
08-21-2017, 08:27 PM
The biggest threat to the steelers in this division is Vontaze Burfict and Greg Williams because of their history

No need to tell the story of Burfict against us and for Greg Williams, he is the DC of the browns and his teams are still dirty...Remember the games against the rams in 2015 when Roethlisberger was injured .... Their DC was Greg Williams.

That didn't look good at all! Hope he's ok.

BurghBoy412
08-21-2017, 09:04 PM
Biggest Threats

1. Cheap ass owner's who have the nerve to offer star RB's massive contracts.
2. Midnight toke sessions
3. Facebook live
4. Roger Goodell
5. Coss Rockrell hair

BurghBoy412
08-21-2017, 09:10 PM

Honestly I don't care how anybody hits OBJ. Just keeping it real.

SteelerFanInStl
08-21-2017, 09:11 PM

Sorry but I don't see anything dirty about that tackle. You can't go high on a player anymore so defenders are going low. From what I've read, OBJ is OK with a sprained ankle.

st33lersguy
08-21-2017, 09:12 PM

Wouldn't put it past thugimore to engage in cheapshottery either. Bubba thuggs likes to take his cheapshots as well

86WARD
08-22-2017, 07:55 AM

That's not dirty at all. That's what the league wants. No where near the head...lol.

polamalubeast
08-22-2017, 08:01 AM
That's not dirty at all. That's what the league wants. No where near the head...lol.

Dirty was maybe not the right word, but it was very dangerous.

86WARD
08-22-2017, 08:35 AM
Dirty was maybe not the right word, but it was very dangerous.

Career threatening. But then every hit in the NFL anymore is career threatening.

SteelMayhem72
08-22-2017, 09:54 AM

That would be a huge shocker if the Steelers don't win the division, so the goal in the regular season will be to have at least a first round BYE for the playoffs.Im never gonna under estimate anybody in our division...baltimore always play us tough even if they havent even won a game against anybody else.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Mojouw
08-22-2017, 10:57 AM
We might finally get to see what Harbs really has as a coach. Not trying to resurrect this debate entirely, but if they go 6-10 or worse, I kinda feel like everyone has to dial back the Harbs love. Reading through that list of injuries, while extensive, I feel that Tomlin has squeezed 8-8 or 9-7 out of seasons with similar hospital ward rosters.

Could be wrong. Might be that Ravens situation is worse - don't know havent compared side by side.

polamalubeast
08-22-2017, 11:05 AM
We might finally get to see what Harbs really has as a coach. Not trying to resurrect this debate entirely, but if they go 6-10 or worse, I kinda feel like everyone has to dial back the Harbs love. Reading through that list of injuries, while extensive, I feel that Tomlin has squeezed 8-8 or 9-7 out of seasons with similar hospital ward rosters.

Could be wrong. Might be that Ravens situation is worse - don't know havent compared side by side.

The problem with the ravens is the roster, not Harbaugh.

And the ravens had several injuries in 2012 but they won the super bowl.Maybe the worst super bowl winning team in terms of talent.Yes Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are future HOF but they were old.

polamalubeast
08-22-2017, 11:15 AM
And even in the season of 5-11 of the ravens in 2015, the Ravens were competitive in every game except of 2 games against the Chiefs and the Seahawks with Ryan Mallett and Jimmy Clauson as QB and they had several injuries,several unlucky lost and a hard Schedule.

43Hitman
08-22-2017, 03:15 PM
I don't think they're a threat yet, but the Brown's have assembled some talent and with dirty Gregg Williams as their DC, anything can happen. In last night's game that shot on Odell Beckham looks

innocent enough, but if you watch the play previous, that same player hit Odell the exact same way when he was in perfect position to wrap him up or push him out of bounds. If any of you have

Game Pass, go check it out. Maybe I'm getting to deep in the weeds here, but I don't trust that Gregg Williams has changed his ways.

Moose
08-22-2017, 03:45 PM
I don't ever feel comfortable during a Steeler game. Don't forget one of the biggest Steeler problems......they play DOWN to their opponent ! How many games did we lose to bottom feeder's ? How many games did we all sit in awe wondering what the hell happened to our running game, our passing game, our lack of tackling, etc.,etc.. You know that division games are on equal grounds no matter the team records. So, not even a Brown's game is a gimme. Yea, maybe on paper the Steeler's look promising, but I'm going to wait until the season play's out to see where we stand. No QB back-up scares the hell out of me. Our secondary is still questionable. No pass rushing is a problem. I really can't see where anyone can think that this team is gonna have a cake walk to play-off's. But I do hope so. I'd love to watch a Steeler game and have them kick the hell out of the opponent from start to finish. Especially beat the hell out of our division foe's in all 6 games. And then there's New England !

polamalubeast
08-22-2017, 03:52 PM
I don't think they're a threat yet, but the Brown's have assembled some talent and with dirty Gregg Williams as their DC, anything can happen. In last night's game that shot on Odell Beckham looks

innocent enough, but if you watch the play previous, that same player hit Odell the exact same way when he was in perfect position to wrap him up or push him out of bounds. If any of you have

Game Pass, go check it out. Maybe I'm getting to deep in the weeds here, but I don't trust that Gregg Williams has changed his ways.

I can not believe that Gregg Williams is still in the nfl ...

Williams is a good coach, but his teams are still dirty and I do not think he has changed.

Remember, the rams and Gregg Williams injured Roethlisberger in 2015 and.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22F_qQBIvrw

43Hitman
08-22-2017, 03:55 PM
I can not believe that Gregg Williams is still in the nfl ...

Williams is a good coach, but his teams are still dirty and I do not think he has changed.

Remember, Roethlisberger injured Rams and Gregg Williams in 2015 and.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22F_qQBIvrwI can't stand the guy. I'm with you, I cannot believe he is still in the league. Makes me nervous for week one.

polamalubeast
08-22-2017, 04:01 PM
I just hope that Antonio Brown, Roethlisberger, etc. will not be out for too long after this game!

We'll have 2 games against Gregg Williams and 2 games against Vontaze Burfict ... Ouch!

polamalubeast
08-22-2017, 04:12 PM

In 2014, the Cardinals lost their 2 QB against the rams and....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJftwL0xsvI

polamalubeast
08-23-2017, 11:53 AM

Haha

polamalubeast
08-28-2017, 08:07 PM

Interresting

Only the 2004 and 2016 season in the Roethlisberger era that neither of the browns, bengals or ravens had at least 10 wins.