PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Gilbert Accused Of Bodyslamming Man In Lawsuit Filed Today

stillers4me
07-28-2017, 05:25 AM
It probably wouldn’t be accurate to say that the Pittsburgh Steelers have had an offseason free of controversy, but at least we had gotten through the summer without anybody getting arrested our sued…at least until now.

According to a lawsuit filed today, an individual named Larry Parker is accusing Steelers right tackle Marcus Gilbert of bodyslamming him, resulting in him suffering a broken leg, among other injuries. The plaintiff is suing him for a sum in excess of $35,000, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/07/26/marcus-gilbert-bodyslam-sued-lawsuit-steelers-larry-parker-highland-park-drew-rosenhaus/stories/201707280096).........

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/07/marcus-gilbert-accused-bodyslamming-man-lawsuit-filed-today/

salamander
07-28-2017, 05:45 AM
Can the season please just start already? :doh:

fansince'76
07-28-2017, 05:49 AM
Money grab...

salamander
07-28-2017, 05:57 AM
Money grab...

I thought so too, but I'm surprised he's "only" asking for $35k.

fansince'76
07-28-2017, 06:06 AM
I thought so too, but I'm surprised he's "only" asking for $35k.

Actually, the amount is specifically why I think it's probably a money grab. If he's had "multiple surgeries" as a result of this "assault," I'd imagine he'd have a bigger hospital bill than that, not to mention "pain and suffering." And for a high income earner like Gilbert, $35K might be a low enough figure for an out-of-court settlement rather than going through the pain in the ass of court proceedings. I would also think any reputable PI attorney would consider a $35K suit to be a penny ante case.

Yeah, this has "write a check and make it go away" written all over it...

polamalubeast
07-28-2017, 06:23 AM
I have no words....

tube517
07-28-2017, 07:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zog3HHxKXek

86WARD
07-28-2017, 08:57 AM
Lol

AtlantaDan
07-28-2017, 09:26 AM
Actually, the amount is specifically why I think it's probably a money grab. If he's had "multiple surgeries" as a result of this "assault," I'd imagine he'd have a bigger hospital bill than that, not to mention "pain and suffering." And for a high income earner like Gilbert, $35K might be a low enough figure for an out-of-court settlement rather than going through the pain in the ass of court proceedings. I would also think any reputable PI attorney would consider a $35K suit to be a penny ante case.

And serious shakedowns usually include filing a complaint with the police alleging assault - no indication that happened here

Hawkman
07-28-2017, 10:34 AM
I hope he did it right!:heh:

https://youtu.be/fC3xNSiRTDc

Dwinsgames
07-28-2017, 11:06 AM

Hammer meet nail ..... I think this is SPOT on

steelerdude15
07-28-2017, 11:30 AM
This is from the PG article, which the link is noted above:

Mr. Parker said he “voiced a jesting greeting” to Mr. Gilbert across the lot, then got into his car and left.

Four hours later, however, he received “a series of hostile and threatening text messages,” copies of which he included in the lawsuit. The texts, he said, confused him, and he phoned Mr. Gilbert to ask why he had sent them and “to maintain good relations.”

I wonder what type of joking greeting he had for Marcus if it allegedly upset him that much that he started sending him hostile and threatening text messages. I feel like there is a big hole right here. Plus, if this happened, why didn't we hear about this sooner? A hospital employee or patient would have seen Marcus take him to the hospital, if he did and there is a chance that it would have been on social media. I know we have to wait for more facts to come out, but per only this article, things aren't adding up here.

Hawkman
07-28-2017, 10:23 PM
Total non starter......$35,000. :chuckle: