PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown has another message for LeVeon Bell

tube517
07-27-2017, 07:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/24/antonio-brown-has-another-message-for-leveon-bell/

polamalubeast
07-27-2017, 07:41 PM
I don't understand why Drew Rosenhaus has a bad reputation (surely because of Terrell Owens) but if Drew Rosenhaus would also be Bell's agent, Bell would probably have a long-term deal with us since last year .....

steelreserve
07-27-2017, 08:16 PM
I don't understand why Bell would not have signed the franchise offer yet. We are no longer allowed to negotiate a multi-year contract until the offseason. There is literally nothing to hold out for.

Like ... there's nothing anyone can do about it, that's a league rule. I guess he can sit there flipping both middle fingers at it (and the team, and the fans) for a while, but at this point that's all he's doing, and eventually people lose patience and he just makes himself look bad. The professional thing to do is just sign the damn franchise deal as soon as the deadline passes, say "it sucks that we didn't get it worked out in time," and move on.

This kind of behavior has me seriously concerned about whether there's a long-term future for him with this team.

GBMelBlount
07-27-2017, 08:23 PM
I don't understand why Bell would not have signed the franchise offer yet.

I have an idea why.

https://i0.wp.com/media2.slashfilm.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/upinsmoke-cheech-joint-700x300.jpg

polamalubeast
07-27-2017, 08:30 PM
I don't understand why Bell would not have signed the franchise offer yet. We are no longer allowed to negotiate a multi-year contract until the offseason. There is literally nothing to hold out for.

Like ... there's nothing anyone can do about it, that's a league rule. I guess he can sit there flipping both middle fingers at it (and the team, and the fans) for a while, but at this point that's all he's doing, and eventually people lose patience and he just makes himself look bad. The professional thing to do is just sign the damn franchise deal as soon as the deadline passes, say "it sucks that we didn't get it worked out in time," and move on.

This kind of behavior has me seriously concerned about whether there's a long-term future for him with this team.

Bell will be with us in week 1 against the Browns, I have no doubt in my mind but I think Bell will be only with us a few days before the 4th pre season game ....The reason why Bell is not with us is to avoid injury...I'm not saying I agree with that, but that's the reason.

Fortunately, for a running back, the training camp is less important unlike other position

This looks like the same thing that Eric Berry with the Chiefs last year.

Bell is not the first and will not be the last to skip the training camp after not having had a long term contract on the franchise tag.

steelreserve
07-27-2017, 09:17 PM
Bell will be with us in week 1 against the Browns, I have no doubt in my mind but I think Bell will be only with us a few days before the 4th pre season game ....The reason why Bell is not with us is to avoid injury...I'm not saying I agree with that, but that's the reason.

Fortunately, for a running back, the training camp is less important unlike other position

This looks like the same thing that Eric Berry with the Chiefs last year.

Bell is not the first and will not be the last to skip the training camp after not having had a long term contract on the franchise tag.

I understand not wanting to get injured, but doing that is practically begging for a jinx.

Like, you think you're all smart for playing the odds right, and then in the first game of the season, you're rusty and the first time you make a hard cut - BAM! - you get malaria.

Also, if injury is that much of a concern, how's he going to be during the season? Playing it "safe" and going at half-speed when you're not right in the middle of things is exactly how you get hurt, in pretty much every sport ever. I really hope that's not the first thing on his mind all year.

smokin3000gt
07-27-2017, 10:52 PM
injury isn't a concern... it's a cover. It's about doing the minimum until you have to play since he 'didn't get paid'.

ALLD
07-28-2017, 01:09 PM
Bell is making it way too complicated. Everything he is planning for and thinks is going to happen, isn't.

steelreserve
07-28-2017, 02:11 PM
Bell is making it way too complicated. Everything he is planning for and thinks is going to happen, isn't.

^^^ A++++

:thumbsup:

Born2Steel
07-28-2017, 02:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/24/antonio-brown-has-another-message-for-leveon-bell/

The last paragraph makes no sense. Why would Brown need to ask for another $3M? I call B.S. on this article.