PDA

View Full Version : Limas Sweed

polamalubeast
09-15-2010, 11:09 AM
:wink02:

Do you think Limas Sweed will play another game with the steelers in his career?

SteelerSal
09-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Wow, p-beast....did not think I would see a Sweed topic till next offseason. Way to prove me wrong. :rofl2:

Burghfan58
09-15-2010, 01:19 PM
I don't even beleive he would of made the team this year with the emergance of Brown and Sanders.

Butch
09-15-2010, 01:32 PM
I don't hate Limas but I hope I never see him in a Steeler uniform in a regular season game let alone lined up to go out for a pass.

He's done and through!!!

43Hitman
09-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Yep, I was pulling for him, but with the emergence of Brown and Sanders, his days with the Steelers are probably over.

stlrtruck
09-15-2010, 02:13 PM
I say, YES. Albeit a pre-season game next year. I'd like to see him make the team, but something tells me there's too much depth at this point for him to make an impact unless something happens that he is able to regain the catching abilities he had at Texas.

Steelerfreak58
09-15-2010, 02:32 PM
He will never make a come back from a torn Achilles tendon as a wide receiver its way to major of an injury for a speed/finesse player position to overcome and be expected to perform at the previous level pre-injury. They will bring him back for OTA's see that he has lost too many steps and cut him prior to training camp.

stlrtruck
09-15-2010, 03:15 PM
He will never make a come back from a torn Achilles tendon as a wide receiver its way to major of an injury for a speed/finesse player position to overcome and be expected to perform at the previous level pre-injury. They will bring him back for OTA's see that he has lost too many steps and cut him prior to training camp.

I don't think the Rooney's are that way. I think they'll make sure he gets a fair shot during training camp and the first pre-season game. If he has lingering effects of the tendon or he's just sucking like he has the last few years, then they'll cut them.

CPanther95
09-15-2010, 03:19 PM
He will never make a come back from a torn Achilles tendon as a wide receiver its way to major of an injury for a speed/finesse player position to overcome and be expected to perform at the previous level pre-injury.

You need a lot less finesse and fewer sudden, sharp cuts when you can see where the whole defense is positioned up on the Jumbotron leading up to the catch. :heh:

Indo
09-15-2010, 03:38 PM
I agree with stlrtruck,
I think they'll bring him back to training camp, and see that he can't compete with Sanders and Brown. He'll get cut (probably even before the cut down to 80)
It's a shame----he let his head get in the way of his talent...

But the ball isn't round, and it doesn't always bounce straight!

Now Sanders, he's the real deal!

steelatl
09-15-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't hate Limas but I hope I never see him in a Steeler uniform in a regular season game let alone lined up to go out for a pass.

He's done and through!!!

Boy our thoughts on him are polar opposites. If for some reason he can finally figure it out and stay healthy the Steelers are better team with a 6'4" 220lb receiver.

BlastFurnace
09-15-2010, 03:45 PM
:wink02:

Do you think Limas Sweed will play another game with the steelers in his career?

You know, I thought Tony Hills was a slam dunk to get cut this year. There is no telling what will happen next year.

The Duke
09-15-2010, 03:59 PM
You know, I thought Tony Hills was a slam dunk to get cut this year. There is no telling what will happen next year.

hmm, that's a nice way to think about it actually

I have doubts he will, but I'm pulling for him

SteelerFanInStl
09-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I don't even beleive he would of made the team this year with the emergance of Brown and Sanders.

He wouldn't have. His injury is the only reason he's still on the team.

BlastFurnace
09-15-2010, 05:23 PM
hmm, that's a nice way to think about it actually

I have doubts he will, but I'm pulling for him

I also had serious doubts about Ike Taylor as well going into the 2005 camp and look what happened. I loved the Sweed pick when we made it and I'm pulling for him too.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-15-2010, 07:36 PM
I dont know if a WR with no track record of success in the NFL is gonna get a shot after an achilies injury.

Butch
09-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Boy our thoughts on him are polar opposites. If for some reason he can finally figure it out and stay healthy the Steelers are better team with a 6'4" 220lb receiver.

Yeah we are polar opposites and I expected as much from some. As for the Steelers being a better team with a 6'4" 220lb WR just ask the '98 3rd round draft pick who is to short and not fast enough and to old to be effective how he feels about it. BTW that's the same receiver who gets pedicures and manicures and then goes out and tears up opposing Defenses to the point they call him dirty after they swear out a bounty on him.

I'm sure you know of who I speak.

Wallace108
09-15-2010, 09:14 PM
My gut instinct is to say no, we'll never see him play another game with the Steelers. But I'm really not so sure. Ward can't play forever and ARE isn't getting any younger. Although Brown and Sanders have tons of potential, they're still unproven at this point. Since there isn't a "maybe" on the poll, I'm going to go against my gut and say "yes."

And I agree with stlrtruck. If any owners are willing to give an injured player an opportunity, it's the Rooneys. See: Rocky Bleier. (And no, I'm not comparing Limas's situation to Rocky's. I'm just saying ...).

tube517
09-15-2010, 09:29 PM
I agree but Randle El doesn't inspire confidence and combined with Hines' age still might leave the tiniest opportunity for Sweed. But other than that, you're probably right.

I dont know if a WR with no track record of success in the NFL is gonna get a shot after an achilies injury.

Galax Steeler
09-16-2010, 04:15 AM
I don't see Sweed playing for us again he has done nothing to prove he is worth a roster spot. I think we should move on without him. I had high hopes for him when we drafted him but that has diminished.

SirHulka
09-16-2010, 04:57 AM
Yeah we are polar opposites and I expected as much from some. As for the Steelers being a better team with a 6'4" 220lb WR just ask the '98 3rd round draft pick who is to short and not fast enough and to old to be effective how he feels about it. BTW that's the same receiver who gets pedicures and manicures and then goes out and tears up opposing Defenses to the point they call him dirty after they swear out a bounty on him.

I'm sure you know of who I speak.

Wes Welker?

vasteeler
09-16-2010, 05:38 AM
SWEEEEEEEED!!!!!!

Butch
09-16-2010, 06:05 AM
Wes Welker?

LOL I don't think Welker was voted the dirtiest player in football, even though he plays for the dirtiest team in football

Aussie_steeler
09-16-2010, 06:58 AM
I cant see him competing against Wallace, Brown and Sanders

However if he was put on a serious weights and diet program ( dining with big snack) I think he might be able to compete with Matt Spaeth at TE. He has shown that he is not scared to block and as the #2 TE he would only have to catch a pass every third game. He could even run up and down the field on ST's.

Otherwise I think his days in black and gold are done.

SirHulka
09-16-2010, 07:05 AM
LOL I don't think Welker was voted the dirtiest player in football, even though he plays for the dirtiest team in football

Well, I'm at a loss, then. I can't IMAGINE who it could be. :yield:

SteelerSal
09-16-2010, 07:05 AM
However if he was put on a serious weights and diet program ( dining with big snack) I think he might be able to compete with Matt Spaeth at TE. He has shown that he is not scared to block and as the #2 TE he would only have to catch a pass every third game. He could even run up and down the field on ST's.

Don't you mean, drop a pass every third game? LOL

T&B fan
09-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Don't you mean, drop a pass every third game? LOL

you go it right :yup:

steelreserve
09-17-2010, 03:31 AM
I said yes, if only because receiverse are such an unpredictable bunch. We can probably count on one surprise departure and one surprise six-week training camp injury among our receivers next year, so we'll turn to him as the fourth or fifth guy.