PDA

View Full Version : Entitlement?

DesertSteel
07-10-2017, 11:12 AM
Personally, I think this article sucks. How does Cook know what Burns' attitude was? Isn't this the same paper that was writing warm-fuzzy stories last year about Burns taking care of his little brothers? Was Burns wrong in not paying the tickets? Of course. But who does Cook think he is to pass judgment on his character? This kind of shoddy journalism gets under my skin.

Artie Burns Shows His Entitlement by Ron Cook

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2017/07/09/artie-burns-arrested-young-dumb-steelers-suspended-license/stories/201707090108

polamalubeast
07-10-2017, 11:17 AM
I have no respect for Ron Cook.

The same who wanted Antonio Brown out of town before his contract.

DesertSteel
07-10-2017, 11:38 AM
He's just an old man yelling "Get off my lawn!"

AtlantaDan
07-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Personally, I think this article sucks. How does Cook know what Burns' attitude was? Isn't this the same paper that was writing warm-fuzzy stories last year about Burns taking care of his little brothers? Was Burns wrong in not paying the tickets? Of course. But who does Cook think he is to pass judgment on his character? This kind of shoddy journalism gets under my skin.

Artie Burns Shows His Entitlement by Ron Cook

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2017/07/09/artie-burns-arrested-young-dumb-steelers-suspended-license/stories/201707090108

Cook is selective in his outrage about traffic violations - do not hold your breath waiting for Cook to write a column calling out his buddy Bruce Arians for running a postgame tavern out of the trunk of his vehicle after Steelers games and then presumably driving home

This from BA's upcoming autobiography The Quarterback Whisperer (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316432261/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=0316432261&linkId=f252802eb8a756db1bde40599fef96d6&tag=siedgeartoffearbook0705-20) (who knew a journeyman coach with a 1-2 playoff record as a head coach is successful enough to rate writing an autobiography?:rolleyes:)

On his trunk tavern in Pittsburgh. . .

I work hard, but I also play hard. Everyone needs balance in life. And so after a win in our yard during that [2008] season, I’d shower, change, do interviews and then head for my car parked in the players’ and coaches’ lot. I’d pop open the trunk and would have a few coolers chock full of drinks on ice: beers, bourbon, vodka. You name it, I had it.

I’m a Crown Royal sipper. Once I got to the car, I’d pour a drink for myself and then start pouring more for the players and coaches who gathered around my ride. These little post-game parties were some of my happiest times in Pittsburgh—I still throw them in our parking lot in Arizona—because for an hour or two we can relax and enjoy each other as friends, not coworkers or teammates, just pals. I loved it. Players and coaches brought their families over. We were just like everyone else who tailgated in parking lots after the games—friends and family enjoying each other’s company.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/07/bruce-arians-book-quarterback-whisperer

tube517
07-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Ron Kook.

And wow, Atlanta Dan. I knew Arians was a character with funny Kangrol hats but I didn't know he had a post-game tailgate after games!

steelreserve
07-10-2017, 02:44 PM
"Entitlement" is a word that translates as "I don't have anything to add to the conversation, so why not turn it into a personal attack, so my like-minded friends and I can go over here and smugly take swipes at the guy while gloating about how morally superior we are; never mind the irony that I am going out of my way to be a jerk in order to show that this guy is a jerk."

Very popular among liberals, who also happen to make up the majority of reporters.

AtlantaDan
07-10-2017, 02:48 PM
"Entitlement" is a word that translates as "I don't have anything to add to the conversation, so why not turn it into a personal attack, so my like-minded friends and I can go over here and smugly take swipes at the guy while gloating about how morally superior we are; never mind the irony that I am going out of my way to be a jerk in order to show that this guy is a jerk."

Very popular among liberals, who also happen to make up the majority of reporters.

Yeah - thank goodness we do not get any of that from any self-proclaimed conservatives or the President:wink02:

teegre
07-10-2017, 03:16 PM

Reporters are real; they're not made up.

I've seen them...

steelreserve
07-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Reporters are real; they're not made up.

I've seen them...

FAKE NEWS!!!

Go back to Seattle and cry, you lefty puke!

teegre
07-10-2017, 03:24 PM
FAKE NEWS!!!

Woah, woah, woah... slow down.

There's friendly intra-party banter... and then there's saying I'm from Seattle.

That's just low.

43Hitman
07-10-2017, 04:11 PM
FAKE NEWS!!!

Woah, woah, woah... slow down.

There's friendly intra-party banter... and then there's saying I'm from Seattle.

That's just low.Daaayyyuuumm he just called you a Rainy City Bitch Pigeon. Lmao