PDA

View Full Version : If You Could...

Mojouw
07-03-2017, 10:17 AM
The random ramblings of Sanders and Wyche got me thinking. If any of us could magically add one player to the Steelers roster, who would you add and why?

Jalen Ramsey CB - over the final 5 games of his rookie year he had combined 11 interceptions and pass breakups versus 17 receptions allowed, and an opposing passer rating of 37.8 (stats via PFF).

polamalubeast
07-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Von Miller

fansince'76
07-03-2017, 10:48 AM
J.J. Watt - best defensive player in the game.

BlackAndGold
07-03-2017, 10:53 AM
J.J. Watt - best defensive player in the game.

When healthy, agreed.

I'll go Von Miller.

Rotorhead
07-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Von Miller

Born2Steel
07-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Since you asked...

Paxton Lynch. Immediate backup upgrade. IMO, seamless takeover when Ben retires.

DesertSteel
07-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Definitely a QB

teegre
07-03-2017, 11:54 AM
Short-term:
Gronk
Why? The offense would be unstoppable.

Long-term (filling a void):
Aaron Donald
Why? Watt is a great choice, but Donald is younger and has less of an injury history.

Long-term (any position):
Derek Carr
Why? Malone, Brister, Stewart, Tomczak, Graham, Maddox.

awe1028
07-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Von Miller

Edman
07-03-2017, 04:51 PM
Probably Derek Carr.

Imagine how good he could be with Bell, Brown, and Bryant.

st33lersguy
07-03-2017, 05:11 PM
They need a better starting safety than Mike Mitchell and more depth at the position (I still can't believe they completely ignored the position in the draft). I'd go Eric Berry. I would say Earl Thomas if he wasn't coming off an injury. Harrison Smith would also be a nice addition

86WARD
07-03-2017, 05:58 PM
Julio Jones.

Antonio Brown and Julio Jones? Does it need an explanation?

Realistically, I'd add a solid starting #1 CB. Patrick Peterson comes to mind.

Craic
07-03-2017, 07:11 PM
I still don't get the dislike for Mitchell (as a player) around here. I get it as far as his attitude and dancing around when players of other teams are hurt, but not as far as him actually playing the game. There's definitely other positions of need on this team.

That said . . .

If it were a one year deal: Ezekiel Elliot. I think we have enough on defense to move to man-coverage this year. That means the next biggest hurdle is filling positions if key players go down. Losing Brown made us so one-dimensional it stunk.

Multi-year addition: Dak Prescott? Someone who could take the reigns from Ben in a year or two.

Steeldude
07-03-2017, 07:43 PM
All good picks.

I will go with Luke Kuechly.

Devilsdancefloor
07-03-2017, 07:54 PM
All good picks.

I will go with Luke Kuechly.

Khalil Mack
Marcus Peters
Landon Collins

Dwinsgames
07-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Marcus Peters ....

one of the best press man corners in the league , still young and cheap ... this addition would give us one of the better secondaries in the league if .....

Burns picks up where he left off and keeps improving , and allows you to put Sutton in the slot ...

BurghBoy412
07-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Trumaine Johnson CB
Xavier Rhodes CB
Harrison Smith FS
Chris Harris Jr. CB

fansince'76
07-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Marcus Peters ....

one of the best press man corners in the league , still young and cheap ...

:iagree:

Would be my second pick after (a healthy) J.J. Watt.

RunNGun
07-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Gronk would make this offense the best we've seen. I like that pick, but I'd prob go defense since it's more of a need. My pick would be Watt.

Born2Steel
07-04-2017, 01:44 AM
So......in order to get your guy, you have o give up 2 current starting olinemen, and a 1st round pick. ???

BostonBlackie
07-04-2017, 06:24 AM
Trenton Holliday would put you over the top, and he may be a free agent.

Born2Steel
07-04-2017, 09:51 AM
I would definitely go with QB. I think Luck would be awesome as a Steeler, where he has struggled in Indy. Mariota still has some proving to do but I like the way he plays. Same with Carr, IMO. My first choice, Lynch, I believe will be a star in the league, and just fits our style perfectly. I'm impressed with Wilson actually. Cam would be another awesome Steeler QB. Realistically though, Lynch is the only viable option.

steelreserve
07-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Tom Brady. Put him straight on IR every year until he retires. No problem getting past the Patriots now, and they'll be treated to their upcoming rebuilding process a season or two early.

SteelerFanInStl
07-04-2017, 02:01 PM
I'd go with Landon Collins. Only 2 years into his career and already the best safety in the NFL and one of the top players.

teegre
07-04-2017, 03:59 PM
I'd go with Landon Collins. Only 2 years into his career and already the best safety in the NFL and one of the top players.

Every time I see his name (or, better yet, see him play) it tears me up inside. Tomlin wanted Collins bad, but didn't have the ammunition to trade up (because, the Steelers had dealt away a R3 pick for Shamarko Thomas). ARGH!!!

A more detailed description:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/they-might-be-giants-but-could-have-been-steelers/

86WARD
07-04-2017, 04:05 PM
I still don't get the dislike for Mitchell (as a player) around here. I get it as far as his attitude and dancing around when players of other teams are hurt, but not as far as him actually playing the game. There's definitely other positions of need on

I agree. Mitchell, aside from his "celebrations" which I could care less about he's a good player and he brings a shit load of positives to this team aside from Sunday's. You ask any DB on this team and they will say that Mitchell had some sort of hand in their development. He's got a lot of football smarts and it helps on the field in game and practice and it helps in the locker room

SteelerFanInStl
07-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Every time I see his name (or, better yet, see him play) it tears me up inside. Tomlin wanted Collins bad, but didn't have the ammunition to trade up (because, the Steelers had dealt away a R3 pick for Shamarko Thomas). ARGH!!!

A more detailed description:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/they-might-be-giants-but-could-have-been-steelers/

Yep, sure would've been nice to have gotten him.