PDA

View Full Version : Unless it's a tie....Ravens or Bengals this Sunday?

Crow-Magnon
09-15-2010, 06:10 AM
As the Steelers and Ravens are 1-0, do you root for 0-1 Cincinnati to take down Baltimore? Or do you prefer to see last year's division winner fall to 0-2?

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. You'd prefer to see Palmer and Flacco get decapitated and Ray Lewis and Ochostinko carted off to the morgue at the end of a 3-3 tie :wink02:, but in the real world, which is a "better" loss from a Steeler fan's perspective?

I'd say Ravens and Bengals at 1-1 is better than Baltimore at 2-0 and Cincy at 0-2, or does "revenge" against last season's division winner come into play?

polamalubeast
09-15-2010, 06:18 AM
after week 2,I want......

Steelers:2-0
Bengals:1-1
Ravens:1-1
Browns:0-2

But I think the Ravens will beat the Bungles.

The Bungles are again a mediocre team(7-9 or 8-8) and the Ravens will compete for the super bowl.

Crow-Magnon
09-15-2010, 06:39 AM
after week 2,I want......

Steelers:2-0
Bengals:1-1
Ravens:1-1
Browns:0-2

But I think the Ravens will beat the Bungles.

The Bungles are again a mediocre team(7-9 or 8-8) and the Ravens will compete for the super bowl.

I hope you are right (the "Ravens will beat the Bungles" part, not the 1-1 part), but I want to see them up against a much better aerial attack than Sanchez can provide. I figure most Steeler fans would prefer to see both teams at 1-1 with Pittsburgh at 2-0, but I've seen that there is a great deal of Bungle hatred around on this forum (plenty o' Ravens hatred, too).

Sorry I didn't even mention the Browns. Well, no, actually I'm not sorry. :heh:

X-Terminator
09-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Meteor.

SteelerSal
09-15-2010, 06:45 AM
Meteor.

Yes, this! Or maybe even a giant sink hole that swallows them up. :)

Crow-Magnon
09-15-2010, 06:50 AM

Well.....they ARE playing in Ohio......:pointlaugh:

Burghfan58
09-15-2010, 06:52 AM
As much as it pains me to see either team get a W, Cincy Bungles need to pull this one out. (with casualties on both sides)

HometownGal
09-15-2010, 06:52 AM

Even a sink hole would spit both of 'em out. :chuckle:

Bengals. I still believe the Rats to be our toughest competition in the AFCN.

Texasteel
09-15-2010, 06:54 AM
I can think of only one thing that could make me pull for the bungles, and its way to early in the year for that. Actually I've been hoping for a bungles cowboys game when a tornado hits.

Besides, we don't need no stinkin bungles to take the Ravens down.:wink02:

KyleJDavison
09-15-2010, 07:05 AM
I think the most likely event, will be the Ravens killing the Bengals, but I think the better thing for Pittsburgh would be for the Bengals to win. But a Raven plane crash into the Bengals practice facility would be ideal.

st33lersguy
09-15-2010, 08:07 AM
I hope for the Bungals to win to give the steelers a chance take sole possession of 1st place

fansince'76
09-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Bengals. If we fall to 1-1 this weekend, I want to see Baltimore fall to 1-1 as well. Even though that would create an early logjam, I don't want to take the chance that the Steelers fall more than a game behind in the division race by the bye week.

steelpride12
09-15-2010, 08:12 AM
Would love to see the Rat's lose and the Steelers get the W, but my gut tells me the Rats are the better team and will win out and be close if not the leaders in the AFCN all season.

stillers4me
09-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Bengals. If we fall to 1-1 this weekend, I want to see Baltimore fall to 1-1 as well. Even though that would create an early logjam, I don't want to take the chance that the Steelers fall more than a game behind in the division race by the bye week.

This. Once Ben gets back, I believe we will be the better team but I still think we are going to be battling with the Rats all season for the division.

And.........I hope the Bungs and the Rats beat the living shit out of each other in the process.

JayC
09-15-2010, 08:30 AM
i'd rather see a raven loss. anything to get up from going down some games until ben comes back. if ben were our qb i probably would say knock those bengals out 0-2.

hopefully we'll beat the tits and it won't really matter to me

stillers4me
09-15-2010, 08:40 AM
On a personal note, I wouyld love to be around dejected Bengals fans when their "Superbowl bound" team starts 0-2. Especially all the fools that ran out and bought a T.O. jersey. :heh:

Texasteel
09-15-2010, 08:46 AM
On a personal note, I wouyld love to be around dejected Bengals fans when their "Superbowl bound" team starts 2-0. Especially all the fools that ran out and bought a T.O. jersey. :heh:

If the bungles do go 0-2 how long before OT and Ocachony try to out cry each other. I'm going out and buy stock in Kleenex.

Moose
09-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Living in SE Indiana ( about 45 min) from cincy, I'd rather see the bungholes go 0-2 so I don't have to listen to their obnoxious fans. After a few straight losses the fans will be on the radio bashing everyone on the team, the 'great' WR will be cutting each other and the QB. Makes listening to the local radio stations fun ! I'm sure even if the rats win, when Ben comes back we will be okay. Who knows, DD and our team may have us at 4-0 or 3-1, which is a good place to be after 4 games. So to answer your question, I'm hoping for a rats win, with injuries on both sides !!

GodfatherofSoul
09-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I say Bungles. The Ravens will be coming down from a high. They played an anemic offense and they've got the short week. The Bungles were humiliated and will probably be out for blood.

SteelGhost
09-15-2010, 09:41 AM
All I care is Black & Gold beat the Baby Blues, lol.

Shoes
09-15-2010, 09:44 AM
It would take an act of God for me to pull for the bungles....so I hope the Steelers/Ravens are 2-0 after this week.

Dino 6 Rings
09-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Logically, the Bengals winning makes the most sense. Especially since the Steelers win was over an NFC Team and doesn't really matter in the long run for tie breakers, yet the Bengals lost to an AFC Team, and the Ravens beat an AFC Team. So we need the Ravens to drop an AFC Game, to the Bengals, then the tie breaker falls into our favor once we start beating AFC Teams.

Of coarse, we have to win this Sunday for any of that to matter, since the Titans are AFC and that really counts at the end of the year. Sure, Divisional games mean more, but then it goes to Conference games, I think the Out of Conference vs NFC teams tie breaker is like last on the list.

Anyway...Steelers 2-0, Bengals Browns and Ravens all at 1-1 would be so funny to watch for a week as the talking heads start squabbling over their pre-season picks and start to predict ahead that the Steelers "can't keep it up"

Yep, that would be a great week of Talking Head nonsense to watch.

SteelerEmpire
09-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Bengals... can't have the Raven's at 2-0...

venom
09-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I would love a Tsunami to hit the stadium right after the kickoff , lol

P.S Benguls 3 Ravens 2

Indo
09-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Personally I'd like to see both teams lose, but I'm still trying to work out the logistics of that
It's better for the Steelers if the Bungals win this one...
But I'm actually starting to hate the Bungals more...at least the Ravens are competitive year in and year out---no matter who your team is, ya gotta like Ray Rice
But the Bungals and (most of) their fans are just perennial douches who get lucky every now and then

Crow-Magnon
09-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Personally I'd like to see both teams lose, but I'm still trying to work out the logistics of that
It's better for the Steelers if the Bungals win this one...
But I'm actually starting to hate the Bungals more...at least the Ravens are competitive year in and year out---no matter who your team is, ya gotta like Ray Rice
But the Bungals and (most of) their fans are just perennial douches who get lucky every now and then

I was going to ask why the Bungles hatred, but maybe you answered before I asked.

Does this go way back? I know the Steelers-Browns rivalry was huge, but I really had no idea how bad the Bengals loathing was.

stlrtruck
09-15-2010, 12:32 PM
I was going to ask why the Bungles hatred, but maybe you answered before I asked.

Does this go way back? I know the Steelers-Browns rivalry was huge, but I really had no idea how bad the Bengals loathing was.

imho, it wasn't really that bad until recently when the bungals would go from bottom feeder for years, then one year of winning the division to bottom feeder again. For some reason most bungal fans don't understand that to really be a threat, you have to do it consistently and the ratbirds, unfortunately, have built their success and remained competitive.

polamalubeast
09-15-2010, 04:12 PM
imho, it wasn't really that bad until recently when the bungals would go from bottom feeder for years, then one year of winning the division to bottom feeder again. For some reason most bungal fans don't understand that to really be a threat, you have to do it consistently and the ratbirds, unfortunately, have built their success and remained competitive.

Agree!

steeldevil
09-15-2010, 04:12 PM
I hope the Bengals win of course. So then even if we lose the three of us would be 1-1. But if we win we would be in first place.