PDA

View Full Version : PFF: Steelers Have 5th-Best Roster In NFL; Tabs Dupree Worst Starter

polamalubeast
06-29-2017, 10:56 AM
In a recent insider article for ESPN.com, Pro Football Focus ranked every NFL roster as they stand right now, focusing in particular on how the expected starters stack up in their own metrics and coming in fifth overall are the Pittsburgh Steelers.

As for the Steelers biggest roster strength heading into the 2017 season, PFF unsurprisingly chose their offensive weapons:

The strength in Pittsburgh is still its offensive weapons, with wide receiver Antonio Brown and running back Le’Veon Bell both in the conversation as the best player at their respective positions. Bell gained 3.0 yards per carry after first contact last season, breaking 47 tackles on 261 carries.

It’s hard to argue with that choice and with wide receiver Martavis Bryant expected to return in 2017 after sitting out the entire 2016 season suspended, even more offensive production will be expected out of that side of the football this season. Additionally, a total of seven Steelers offensive players, including all five offensive linemen, enter 2017 with player rankings of 80.5 or above.

The Steelers biggest weakness currently, according to PFF, is their ability to rush opposing quarterbacks:

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/06/pff-steelers-5th-best-roster-nfl-tabs-dupree-worst-starter/

BlackAndGold
06-29-2017, 01:27 PM
Have a feeling that is going to change this upcoming season. (talking about Dupree)

st33lersguy
06-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Dupree made an impact when he was on the field in '16, so I don't agree with this

Six Rings
06-29-2017, 04:16 PM
Dupree made an impact when he was on the field in '16, so I don't agree with this

Metrics stuff. Was he graded for the season while missing games, or only graded when he played?

polamalubeast
06-29-2017, 05:41 PM
Metrics stuff. Was he graded for the season while missing games, or only graded when he played?

Only graded when he played I think.

teegre
06-29-2017, 07:55 PM

Exactly.

When he returned to the lineup, the pass-rush went from subpar to good.

Steeldude
07-01-2017, 05:50 AM
Exactly.

When he returned to the lineup, the pass-rush went from subpar to good.

I think that had more to do with Jones being benched(finally) and Harrison getting more playing time.