PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Hampton questionable for Sunday's game at Tennessee

LLT
09-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Steelers' Hampton questionable for Sunday's game at Tennessee
By Scott Brown,
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, September 15, 2010

» Nose tackle Casey Hampton is questionable for Sunday's game against the Titans, and the five-time Pro Bowler may be limited in the number of snaps he can play if he does suit up in Nashville. Hampton pulled his hamstring in the second quarter of the Steelers' season opener last Sunday and did not return to the game. "We're hopeful that he'll be able to do something," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said in regard to practice, "but it's up in the air at this juncture." Chris Hoke will start at nose tackle if Hampton is not well enough to play. Defensive ends Ziggy Hood and Nick Eason can also play inside if needed, Tomlin said. Hampton's injury could compromise Tomlin's preference of playing six defensive linemen early in the season because of the warmer weather. "It makes (the situation) a hairy one," Tomlin said. "Fatigue could become a factor. Attrition could be a part of this game."

Read More:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_699510.html

Galax Steeler
09-15-2010, 03:50 AM
I just hope they don't try to rush Hampton back to soon. I would rather him get 100% healed before he plays again.

The Duke
09-15-2010, 04:53 AM
I just hope they don't try to rush Hampton back to soon. I would rather him get 100% healed before he plays again.

I agree completely

Hoke has done the job numerous times before, I trust him/ Even against chris johnson. Now if it were aaron smith I'd be worried....

steelpride12
09-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Limit his reps is key. Id hate for him to be rushed and end up out for the season and we can fill is role with Hoke, so please take your time Big Snack.

Steeldude
09-15-2010, 09:47 AM
all it hurts is depth. there has been no drop-off when hoke is in.