PDA

View Full Version : One Reporter Says “Don’t Be Surprised If Golson’s Cut”

Shoes
06-20-2017, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I don’t mean to harp on Senquez Golson but it’s definitely been a bad two months if you’re still holding onto any of his stock. Us in the blogging universe have mused about the chances he gets cut. Evidently, we’re not the only ones. In yesterday’s chat, Ray Fittipaldo made a similar prediction.
Here’s the bulk of his response (http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/06/19/Ray-Fittipaldo-Steelers-chat-6-19-17/stories/201706190109).
“Don’t be surprised if he is cut…He was a second-round pick and I don’t think he lasted past his second year. There have been plenty of others. Golson is in a crowded CB room. Burns, Cockrell and Sutton have the team made and probably Gay too. They brought in Sensabaugh as a free agent and they seem to like this Hilton, another free agent. He has his work cut out for him in camp.”

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/06/one-reporter-says-dont-surprised-golsons-cut/

teegre
06-20-2017, 08:44 PM
The silver lining are the words "Sutton has the team made."

As I've averred, Sutton will be the steal of the 2017 NFL Draft.

st33lersguy
06-20-2017, 09:29 PM
He's expendable

BlackAndGold
06-20-2017, 10:40 PM
Wouldn't be shocking at all.

Burns, Cockrell, Gay, Sutton, Coty, Brian Allen, Hilton(who has impressed)

FrancoLambert
06-21-2017, 08:10 AM
I'm shocked by this development. :sarcasm2:

Rotorhead
06-21-2017, 12:52 PM
Sucks, I had high hopes for him, but the injuries derailed his career before it started. If he is cut, I can see another team giving him a shot.

steelreserve
06-21-2017, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. He's barely even been on the practice field.

As someone else pointed out a month or two ago - the guy hasn't seen a competitive game of football in almost three years, and hasn't really practiced with a team in that long either. To expect him to come in and play in the NFL after that kind of a layoff is pretty far-fetched. It would be a significant accomplishment even for an established veteran. For a guy who's NEVER played in the league at all, I have a hard time imagining it.

Then again, Spence did the same thing and was somewhat effective, so who knows. But IIRC, he was like an A++++ prospect as far as ability, whereas for Golson I've mostly heard question marks.

Born2Steel
06-21-2017, 01:40 PM
I'm hearing he's no longer 'NFL fast'. There were some DBs running 4.7s that got drafted pretty early. So how slow is he running now?

ALLD
06-21-2017, 02:10 PM
I was surprised when he was drafted. I doubt I will be surprised when he is cut. Steelers might be better off avoiding the tiny guys in the higher rounds.

SteelerFanInStl
06-23-2017, 07:30 AM
I was surprised when he was drafted. I doubt I will be surprised when he is cut. Steelers might be better off avoiding the tiny guys in the higher rounds.

Yea, I wasn't happy when he was drafted in the first place. He was way too small, especially for a 2nd round pick.