PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Receivers in 2017?

GBMelBlount
06-06-2017, 09:17 PM
Nice read that includes their predicted chances of each receiver making the roster.

The addition of Schuster appears to put Coates, Ayers and Bey on top of one big bubble.

It also appears (based another read on Coates) that Coates and Ayers are putting in AB style extra reps and effort.

Interesting how the desire to be great motivates some (e.g. Brown) to put in amazing extra effort, while it takes fear off loss to produce similar commitment from others.

Picking up JuJu will have benefits beyond his own addition to the team, which, barring injury, appears to be certain. This was a great pick imo.

Making sense of the Steelers wide receiving corps heading into 2017

With Martavis Bryant on the sidelines in 2016, the Pittsburgh Steelers were unable to maintain their hegemonic status in the league’s receiving hierarchy. The passing attack was prolific, yes, but the receiving corps was ultimately just Antonio Brown and a bunch of dudes.

The 2016 season, however, was not without its bright spots.

Eli Rogers established himself as a viable no. 3 receiver. Sammie Coates briefly became Martavis Bryant v2 before vaporizing half of the bones in his right hand. Cobi Hamilton and Demarcus Ayers both caught touchdown passes. Darrius Heyward-Bey did little to diminish his employability. Then, this offseason, Pittsburgh signed Justin Hunter, a former second-round draft choice, and used their own second-round pick on Juju Smith-Schuster, an All-American at USC and one of the top receivers in the draft.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-features-news-blog-long-form/2017/6/6/15733420/making-sense-of-the-steelers-wide-receiving-corps-heading-into-2017-martavis-bryant-sammie-coates

Shoes
06-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Nice read, I think JuJu is going to fit right in and will be productive from game one. It wouldn't surprise me if Hunter moves ahead of Coates

BlackAndGold
06-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Coates will make the 53. He'll have to be a disaster not to.

Believe they'll keep 6. AB, Bryant, JuJu, Rogers, Coates, DHB

RunNGun
06-07-2017, 03:07 AM
Nice read, I think JuJu is going to fit right in and will be productive from game one. It wouldn't surprise me if Hunter moves ahead of Coates

I could see that happening. Those 2 are competing for a roster spot.

Born2Steel
06-07-2017, 09:07 AM
I can see us keeping 7 WRs. If it's close at all, Hunter beats out DHB. Reason being, whoever we cut, the Ravens will snatch up that day. They are WR hungry. Offense probably goes 9/10 OL, 3 TE, 3 RB, 3QB, 6/7 WR. Not sure where that leaves Nix. WRs could be AB, Bryant, JuJu, Coates, Rogers, Hunter, and DHB.