BlackAndGold
06-02-2017, 04:34 PM

And more OTA reports in the article

st33lersguy
06-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Let's see what he does during the season

polamalubeast
06-02-2017, 05:10 PM
I hope it will be the case for the season!

GBMelBlount
06-02-2017, 05:20 PM
Sounds like Hargrave is OK...

"@ Javon Hargrave tweaked a shoulder Thursday and had to shut things down early. But it doesn’t look to be anything serious."

FrancoLambert
06-02-2017, 05:26 PM
Good news on Sutton....was hoping to hear that Golson was getting noticed as well.

teegre
06-02-2017, 09:48 PM
My favorite pick in this draft.

WCSteeler
06-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Good news on Sutton....was hoping to hear that Golson was getting noticed as well.

They noticed Golson hasn't been injured yet?��

GBMelBlount
06-06-2017, 08:59 PM
My favorite pick in this draft.

Here is a great read on Tomlin's visit with Sutton.

Smarts and hearts...

Sutton's football IQ wows Steelers

“Then Kevin Colbert steps in and says, ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa. You’re playing us. We don’t go for that game. You’ve rehearsed this. Take that game out. I want the second quarter of the Nebraska game.’ So they put the second quarter of the Nebraska game in, and Cam Sutton does the same thing, saying everyone’s assignment.

“Mike Tomlin comes out and says, ‘Butch, I need to see you.’ I said, ‘What’s up?’ He goes, ‘In all my years of coaching, I’ve never been through an interview like that. He could tell us everything.’

“I think that’s why they drafted him.”

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Article/Former-Tennessee-Vols-football-star-Cameron-Suttons-football-IQ--53059913

teegre
06-06-2017, 09:05 PM
Here is a great read on Tomlin's visit with Sutton.

Smarts and hearts...

Bingo!!!

(Awesome read, btw.)

Back in 2016, I was looking at him as a R1 pick. He went back to school, hurt his ankle, and dropped two rounds. He very well could be the biggest steal of the 2017 draft.

BlackAndGold
06-06-2017, 09:51 PM

Texasteel
06-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Bingo!!!

(Awesome read, btw.)

Back in 2016, I was looking at him as a R1 pick. He went back to school, hurt his ankle, and dropped two rounds. He very well could be the biggest steal of the 2017 draft.

Same here bud. Turn back the clock a year and to me its kinda like getting an extra 1st in 2016 for a 3rd in 2017. I guess only time will tell.

SteelerFanInStl
06-10-2017, 12:48 PM
I'm really hyped about Sutton. When we drafted him, I talked to a friend of mine who's a big Vols fan and he told me that Sutton was very underrated and we got a steal. I can't wait to see him on the field.

86WARD
06-10-2017, 01:13 PM
These "continues to impress" articles, while encouraging, mean very little when it comes to playing games in the NFL. Jarvis Jones was once "impressive".

polamalubeast
06-10-2017, 01:45 PM
If Jones has already been impressive in the OTA as a rookie, we have to mention it was against our horrible o-line in 2013, probably the worst in steelers history, especially in the first half of the season due to our horrible o-line coach.

Craic
06-10-2017, 05:01 PM
If Jones has already been impressive in the OTA as a rookie, we have to mention it was against our horrible o-line in 2013, probably the worst in steelers history, especially in the first half of the season due to our horrible o-line coach.

That and Jones's two injuries that practically wiped out his sophomore season. He actually started that season pretty good, but could never get back to that level once he returned.

teegre
06-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Same here bud. Turn back the clock a year and to me its kinda like getting an extra 1st in 2016 for a 3rd in 2017. I guess only time will tell.

Exactly... Sutton is an extra R1 pick.

Born2Steel
06-11-2017, 11:01 AM

Hopefully, Golson can live up to that round 2 pick and be another bonus this year as well.

Texasteel
06-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Hopefully, Golson can live up to that round 2 pick and be another bonus this year as well.

I still think Golson has a lot of talent, big question here is, can he stay healthy. Question 2, has his past problems diminished his playing ability.

GBMelBlount
06-12-2017, 07:51 PM
I still think Golson has a lot of talent, big question here is, can he stay healthy. Question 2, has his past problems diminished his playing ability.

Has anyone heard anything on Golson this offseason?

If you recall Sean Spence came back and contributed in 8 games and had 50+ tackles after what looked like a career ending injury.

Born2Steel
06-12-2017, 07:56 PM

I'm reading that he's considered an outside chance to make the 53. After the Spence injuries, and him making the 53, I'm not sure why Golson gets no love. To me the idea of Sutton, Golson, Burns, and Cockrell rotating outside with Gay and Sensabaugh manning the slot, would be a dream scenario. Not sure Brian Allen makes the 53 but would love to keep him on PS for a season.

BlackAndGold
06-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Has anyone heard anything on Golson this offseason?

If you recall Sean Spence came back and contributed in 8 games and had 50+ tackles after what looked like a career ending injury.

I'm sure he looks good in shorts. Everyone is waiting for the day he play a game, or plays in a padded practice.

A Sean Spence like return is my hope for Golson. Hate seeing talented players get held back due to injuries.

FrancoLambert
06-13-2017, 04:46 AM
I'm reading that he's considered an outside chance to make the 53. After the Spence injuries, and him making the 53, I'm not sure why Golson gets no love. To me the idea of Sutton, Golson, Burns, and Cockrell rotating outside with Gay and Sensabaugh manning the slot, would be a dream scenario. Not sure Brian Allen makes the 53 but would love to keep him on PS for a season.

Maybe it's because he hasn't played a single down for us and none of us have any idea of what he can do on a football field.

Born2Steel
06-13-2017, 12:25 PM
Maybe it's because he hasn't played a single down for us and none of us have any idea of what he can do on a football field.

While that is true, the context of what I was saying is Spence had fan support, where Golson has had none. For the most part. Spence missed his first 2 seasons and most fans on here were very supportive and looking forward to his return. To my way of thinking, Golson has more potential than Spence did. But, Golson gets none of the love Spence did. Why Spence over Golson?

GBMelBlount
06-13-2017, 01:26 PM
I'm sure he (Golson) looks good in shorts.

His shorts, in fact, fit him like regular pants.

teegre
06-13-2017, 07:42 PM
His shorts, in fact, fit him like regular pants.

There's a guy name Quez, and he's got a pair of slacks... oooh... Quez's got slacks!!!

GBMelBlount
06-13-2017, 09:14 PM
Is that you Ben?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qdNy_vz-gM

Six Rings
06-14-2017, 02:14 PM

I'd wait until four weeks in camp before calling him an extra first round pick. I not counting but didn't 19 other corners come off the board before him?

I'll be happy is Sutton can play the slot and add to the dime defense. He's a little light, and not fast, so he'd better have impeccable technique and a high football IQ.

Texasteel
06-15-2017, 06:42 AM
I'd wait until four weeks in camp before calling him an extra first round pick. I not counting but didn't 19 other corners come off the board before him?

I'll be happy is Sutton can play the slot and add to the dime defense. He's a little light, and not fast, so he'd better have impeccable technique and a high football IQ.

May have got caught up in the Sutton mania a little, but the thought was were he may have gone in 2016 if he had not gone back to school, plus a little of where he may have gone this year if not for his injury. I really liked the kid last year, and liked what I saw of him in the past year. Still, like I said, only time will tell.

Hawkman
06-15-2017, 09:12 AM

If you had a chance to read the article.......he definitely has the IQ.

teegre
06-16-2017, 07:46 PM

Allow me to clarify:
I'm not basing my opinion on minicamp/OTAs. I'm basing it on the fact that I had Sutton pegged as a late R1 pick in the 2016 draft. Getting him one year (and two rounds) later is a steal IMO.

Aside from Dobbs, he's probably the smartest player in this draft.

DesertSteel
06-16-2017, 10:48 PM

Sutton is hardly slow.

Mojouw
06-16-2017, 11:18 PM
Quickness and anticipation can make up for speed. However that's hard for younger players. Gay and Townsend were never fast but as they got NFL experience that mattered less and less. Another way to look at it is Burns is fast but inexperienced. Several times last year his inability to react quickly allowed players that were slower than him to beat him to a spot.

I'm rambling, but while raw speed is always a positive asset, if you don't know where to direct it, it doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tube517
06-17-2017, 06:36 AM
Suddeness and glide can make up for speed. However that's hard for younger players. Gay and Townsend were never fast but as they got NFL experience that mattered less and less. Another way to look at it is Burns is fast but inexperienced. Several times last year his inability to react quickly allowed players that were slower than him to beat him to a spot.

I'm rambling, but while raw speed is always a positive asset, if you don't know where to direct it, it doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mojouw, you never need correcting but I made one slight edit. :chuckle:

43Hitman
06-17-2017, 10:31 AM
Mojouw, you never need correcting but I made one slight edit. :chuckle:Well played sir. :chuckle:

Mojouw
06-17-2017, 11:39 AM
YES!!!! That is so much better.

pczach
06-17-2017, 12:07 PM

I don't know how to define it......but I know it when I see it! :grin:

st33lersguy
06-17-2017, 02:16 PM
Secondary as a unit needs to play better this year, and hopefully Sutton will help as a solid corner and help with playing more man coverage

Born2Steel
06-17-2017, 10:34 PM
Secondary as a unit needs to play better this year, and hopefully Sutton will help as a solid corner and help with playing more man coverage

CBs and Safeties should play better with experience. Sutton and Golson are the wildcards. The rest have a season under their belt and should be better players for it.