PDA

View Full Version : Steelers S Sean Davis Played Most Of Rookie Season With Torn Labrum

polamalubeast
05-30-2017, 04:14 PM
All things considered, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Sean Davis had a great first season in the NFL and it culminated with the Maryland product being voted the team’s rookie of the year by the local media. With that said, the fact that Davis played most of his rookie season with a torn labrum in one of his shoulders is even more impressive.

Davis, who has seemingly been able to participate in the Steelers OTA practices so far this summer on a limited basis, talked openly about last year’s shoulder injury and subsequent offseason surgery with the media following Tuesday’s session.

“I’m just being safe right now,” Davis said of his limited activity so far during practices. “I did have a minor procedure, so I’m just being safe. I mean, I’m capable of doing everything but when I’m ready I’ll be out there with the guys.”

Davis indicated Tuesday that he originally suffered his shoulder injury while making a tackle during the Steelers Week 3 game against the Philadelphia Eagles. That injury resulted in him playing just one defensive snap the following week in the Steelers game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

“I played through it the whole year,” Davis said.

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/05/steelers-s-sean-davis-played-rookie-season-torn-labrum/

st33lersguy
05-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Wow, that's toughness. Hoping he gets and stays healthy