PDA

View Full Version : Adams already 'gets it'

GBMelBlount
05-20-2017, 03:11 PM
It didn't take long for rookie Keion Adams to get a feel for the Steelers tradition.

All it took for Keion Adams to ‘get it’ was one simple visit.

It was before the NFL Draft when the linebacker from Western Michigan visited the Steelers at the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex, one of the team’s 30 allotted pre-draft visits.

Walking through the facility, seeing the Super Bowl trophies, the pictures of the Hall of Famers, and just meeting everyone, he immediately felt what the Steelers were all about.

“There is a rich culture, a rich tradition,” said Adams. “As soon as I walked into the building you could tell it was a family-oriented culture. The energy and the passion everyone has for football makes it a wonderful situation to be in. I am beyond excited. It’s hard to put it into words.

“You know coming into a situation like this, the Steel Curtain defense, they are known for their linebackers, they are known for getting after the quarterback and for wreaking havoc. It’s something I take pride in just being a part of.”

One other thing that Adams noticed right off the bat, is that Pittsburgh mirrors the same type of feeling he got within the walls of the Steelers’ facility. And he liked that.

“The city, the people are the city,” said Adams. “They embrace you whether they know you or not. It’s a city rich in heritage. I like that. It shows at the end of the day they aren’t going to change anything and the city knows who they are.

“The draft was hectic. My mind was everywhere. I didn’t know what was going to happen. To end up with an organization like the Steelers, in a city like Pittsburgh, is a blessing. It’s crazy how things play out.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Adams-already-gets-it-/4f67a657-d129-4437-8ee4-183d099ade30

----------

Adams seems like he has his head on straight.

Fingers crossed he "gets it" on the field as well.

BlackAndGold
05-20-2017, 08:31 PM
Adams has the talent to be an effective pass rusher, athleticism/quickness/natural bend, just needs to get stronger.

For a 7th round pick he was a great pick.

st33lersguy
05-20-2017, 09:10 PM
That's a good sign

Mojouw
05-21-2017, 12:45 AM
I see a package where Tuitt/Heyward and Harrison play with their hands down. Then a cloud of Watt/Adams, Shazier, Dupree, and Davis/Mitchell mill about the LB level with 5 cover DBs behind them.

I seem to remember Lebeau deploying an Ameboa package similar to that. I realize that was Capers and Green Bay's term for their similar idea, but the point holds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86WARD
05-21-2017, 08:11 AM
It seems like a lot of these guys have their heads on straight. All have really good attitudes and seem to be embracing that Steelers tradition.

FrancoLambert
05-21-2017, 08:36 AM
It seems like a lot of these guys have their heads on straight. All have really good attitudes and seem to be embracing that Steelers tradition.

Using a basketball analogy....it seems that we drafted several "gym rats." Guys that not only love football, but have a passion for it.

Good character never goes out of style.