PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Matakevich Has ‘That Ability To Find The Ball’ And Get The Runner ‘On The Ground’

Shoes
05-15-2017, 08:02 PM
It’s often said, and with good reason, that a roster’s hopes of improvement from one season to the next do not come from the current group of rookies, but rather the group, or groups, from a year or two earlier. Rookies, after all, have a lot to learn, and their thinking on the field prevents them from playing as quickly as they could once they know what they’re doing.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/05/tyler-matakevich-ability-find-ball-get-runner-ground/

GBMelBlount
05-16-2017, 07:53 PM
I would love to see Dirty Red succeed in the NFL

One knock is that he is slow and I hope he works especially hard on improving his speed and quickness.

I think Antonio Brown is an example of someone who has taken their speed to another level after getting to the NFL.

Shoes
05-16-2017, 08:53 PM
"Production matters and he has it." -- AFC North Executive

Mojouw
05-16-2017, 11:17 PM
I would love to see Dirty Red succeed in the NFL

One knock is that he is slow and I hope he works especially hard on improving his speed and quickness.

I think Antonio Brown is an example of someone who has taken their speed to another level after getting to the NFL.

I don't think AB got faster maybe quicker. But what he did do is refine his technique to the point that there is zero wasted motion or steps to what he does. He is just surgically precise with every aspect of his game.

Now his punt returns are all instinct. At least that's what I've always believed about returners. Either your great at it or your not. But in his WR stuff Brown has grafted on precision and lethal efficiency to his natural ability.

Best Technical WR since Rice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mojouw
05-16-2017, 11:18 PM
I don't think AB got faster maybe quicker. But what he did do is refine his technique to the point that there is zero wasted motion or steps to what he does. He is just surgically precise with every aspect of his game.

Now his punt returns are all instinct. At least that's what I've always believed about returners. Either your great at it or your not. But in his WR stuff Brown has grafted on precision and lethal efficiency to his natural ability.

Best Technical WR since Rice.

Oh yeah. If This kid can refine his technique and make his brain go faster than most others on the field, his athletic limitations go away.

See Borland, Chris.

GBMelBlount
05-17-2017, 07:42 AM
Here is an article about AB improving his 40 time.

Otherwise, I agree with your assessment of the areas in which AB has most improved.

He is an inspiration, at least on the field.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2016/5/24/11757272/pittsburgh-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-improves-his-40-yard-dash-time-6

Mojouw
05-17-2017, 09:37 AM
Here is an article about AB improving his 40 time.

Otherwise, I agree with your assessment of the areas in which AB has most improved.

He is an inspiration, at least on the field.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2016/5/24/11757272/pittsburgh-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-improves-his-40-yard-dash-time-6

Wow. Didn't know that. That is pretty rare -- but when it comes to AB, why should anything surprise me anymore?