PDA

View Full Version : James Conner already a hero to many

stillers4me
05-07-2017, 09:22 AM
The month of May is significant for James Conner, certainly because he will participate in the Steelers’ rookie minicamp next weekend after they drafted him last week.

More importantly, he has been cancer free for one year since completing 16 rounds of chemotherapy treatments last May. Next May he will reach the crucial two-year hurdle when, if his Hodgkin’s lymphoma is going to return, statistically that is when it does.

The Steelers placed a big bet in the third round of the draft that it will not, and they did so with good reason. They were the only NFL team to reach out to Dr. Stanley Marks for more specifics about Conner’s disease. The famed UPMC hematologist provided the Steelers with details and percentages that are optimistic as to Conner’s cure rate.

“He probably has 10 percent or less of having it come back,’’ Dr. Marks said in an interview with the Post-Gazette. “With Hodgkin’s, the issue is most of the time if it comes back, it does so in the first two years, so there is another year or so where we’ll continue to watch him closely with scans. It’s not 100 percent but unlikely it would occur after two years.”...........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/05/07/Steelers-James-Conner-Already-a-Hero-to-Many-Pitt-running-back-rookie/stories/201705070054

DesertSteel
05-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Gotta love that guy!!

BurghBoy412
05-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Born to be a Steeler! Love this guys vision and ability to catch outta the backfield. As far as I'm concerned forget his 40 time. Praying he stays cancer free.

BlackAndGold
05-07-2017, 08:18 PM
His jersey will be one of the top sellers, that's for sure.

DesertSteel
05-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Born to be a Steeler! Love this guys vision and ability to catch outta the backfield. As far as I'm concerned forget his 40 time. Praying he stays cancer free.
At 230-240, 4.6 is fast enough.

BurghBoy412
05-07-2017, 10:26 PM
At 230-240, 4.6 is fast enough.
Amen

pczach
05-08-2017, 05:33 AM
Imagine being a defender, trying to be as patient as possible and not attacking the hole while Bell picks and prods and sets up blocks. .....and then Conner comes in like a battering ram exploding through holes and running people over. He's the perfect compliment to Bell and a guy that can eat carries and be a great short yardage and goal line back, with a chance to be a closer to finish off games while Bell rests on the sideline.

I think Conner's speed is just fine at his size. I've said it here before.....We haven't seen the best of James Conner yet. No chemo.....his full strength back......a full offseason to condition and get to a perfect playing weight.....I'm excited for him and for us as fans.

Let's pray he stays healthy and has a chance to have a long, productive career.

This world needs as many James Conners as possible in it.

43Hitman
05-09-2017, 03:26 AM
Imagine being a defender, trying to be as patient as possible and not attacking the hole while Bell picks and prods and sets up blocks. .....and then Conner comes in like a battering ram exploding through holes and running people over. He's the perfect compliment to Bell and a guy that can eat carries and be a great short yardage and goal line back, with a chance to be a closer to finish off games while Bell rests on the sideline.

I think Conner's speed is just fine at his size. I've said it here before.....We haven't seen the best of James Conner yet. No chemo.....his full strength back......a full offseason to condition and get to a perfect playing weight.....I'm excited for him and for us as fans.

Let's pray he stays healthy and has a chance to have a long, productive career.

This world needs as many James Conners as possible in it.Amen to that