PDA

View Full Version : Rumored Roster Additions

Mojouw
05-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Seems they are going pretty hard after adding another safety

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/05/steelers-brought-free-agent-s-tre-boston-visit/

Tre Boston recently in for a visit. Wonder if they bring the Jets cast-offs in next? Of those options, I would far prefer Boston.

BlackAndGold
05-06-2017, 12:03 PM
Well he would bring solid depth at safety. I'm sure he wants a chance to start.

I believe he'll sign with Buffalo. New HC Sean McDermott was the former DC in Carolina.

pczach
05-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Safety and ILB are the two areas on defense where you would think they might add something via free agency.

86WARD
05-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Don't spread it around, but I heard, from a source, that a certain QB was coming in to back up Ben and take Jones' roster spot. I don't want to leak the name, but he wears #4, he used to play in Minnesota and had a short stay in Green Bay. It's all just a rumor right now but stay tuned...

On a serious note, I would really like them to pick up veteran help at CB and ILB. With what they have at corner now, if they added a decent veteran with experience, they'd be in good shape IMo. As for ILB, the depth there just scares me and I'm not totally sold on Williams. I like him, but I'm not sure he's an every week starter...I need more convincing...

BlackAndGold
05-06-2017, 04:11 PM
I wonder if Philly would trade Mychal Kendricks for a 5th.

Not sure about that contract, I'd throw in a WR like Ayers to see if Philly could eat some of that money.

86WARD
05-06-2017, 04:38 PM
A 5th round pick is exactly what the Eagles want. Problem is his contract. Not sure anyone wants to take that on but if they'd be willing to eat some of it...

GBMelBlount
05-06-2017, 06:15 PM
We have one, maybe two more years with Ben, may just need a decent safety and ILB to be very solid on defense, and have some cap space?

Fingers crossed...

Born2Steel
05-06-2017, 06:35 PM
Don't spread it around, but I heard, from a source, that a certain QB was coming in to back up Ben and take Jones' roster spot. I don't want to leak the name, but he wears #4, he used to play in Minnesota and had a short stay in Green Bay. It's all just a rumor right now but stay tuned...

On a serious note, I would really like them to pick up veteran help at CB and ILB. With what they have at corner now, if they added a decent veteran with experience, they'd be in good shape IMo. As for ILB, the depth there just scares me and I'm not totally sold on Williams. I like him, but I'm not sure he's an every week starter...I need more convincing...

To be honest, it's not Williams that concerns me so much as depth behind Williams and Shazier at ILB. I like what I've seen from Matakevich, we know what we have with Stephen Johnson at this point. Issue is we have no depth. Williams/Matakevich/Shazier/Johnson is a scary situation for any team.

As for safety, what type do we want? We currently have 2 SS, IMO. A centerfield FS maybe? Surely we're not talking depth behind Mitchell and Davis. Although needed somewhat, would be a wasted move at this point. Davis can play the hybrid, Mitchell can play the SS, bring in a true centerfield FS(like Revis/Gilchrist). SET!

BlackAndGold
05-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Come Wednesday, teams can signs street FA's that will not count towards the compensatory picks.

Just in case anyone was wondering why there wasn't any reports of Boston signing anywhere.

Gerold Hodges is still out there also, if they want to add some ILB depth.