PDA

View Full Version : alternative 7 round draft

Dwinsgames
04-29-2017, 07:41 PM
maybe it is just me I don't know but it seems to me that this draft class was tailor made to fill the needs of what this team lacked and the way it was utilized ( to me ) did not best suit their needs and in many cases did not take more projected talent off the board than what it left on so in 5 mins without studying the draft I did this little instead of mock ..

my rules where simple I either had to take the player the Steelers took or someone drafted after their pick in place of the pick they took ..

this is what I came up with and to me ( maybe not you ) this would have been /could have been a far superior strategy

what would you have come up with ?

1-32 -TJ Watt OLB - kept same player steelers took because he gets so much love here

2-64 Ahkello Witherspoon CB big corner who can run in man

3-96 Cameron Sutton CB a smaller corner who can mirror in the slot but is really to light to play on the outside at the next level

3-105 Carl Lawson OLB doubling down on pass rush with 38 year old James Harrison on one side and nothing much behind Dupree on the other this is a quality depth move and insurance

4-135 Jake Butt TE an Inline TE who can do a lot of the things we lacked since the departure of Heath Miller

5-173 Aaron Jones RB a good runner that has that extra gear and catches the ball like a WR out of the backfield or split wide

6-213 Brad Kaaya QB probably a better QB than we took and got him 2 rounds later

7-248 Ben Boulware a guy who smells the football and isnt afraid to thump you to put inside with Shazier has better range than VW

Texasteel
04-29-2017, 07:55 PM
Did Aaron Jones get drafted? Is there still a chance as an UDFA?

Dwinsgames
04-29-2017, 07:57 PM
Did Aaron Jones get drafted? Is there still a chance as an UDFA?

drafted by Green Bay rd 5 comp

Texasteel
04-29-2017, 08:05 PM
drafted by Green Bay rd 5 comp

Not going to talk to my
GB wife the rest of the night.

DesertSteel
04-29-2017, 10:53 PM
maybe it is just me I don't know but it seems to me that this draft class was tailor made to fill the needs of what this team lacked and the way it was utilized ( to me ) did not best suit their needs and in many cases did not take more projected talent off the board than what it left on so in 5 mins without studying the draft I did this little instead of mock ..

my rules where simple I either had to take the player the Steelers took or someone drafted after their pick in place of the pick they took ..

this is what I came up with and to me ( maybe not you ) this would have been /could have been a far superior strategy

what would you have come up with ?

1-32 -TJ Watt OLB - kept same player steelers took because he gets so much love here

2-64 Ahkello Witherspoon CB big corner who can run in man

3-96 Cameron Sutton CB a smaller corner who can mirror in the slot but is really to light to play on the outside at the next level

3-105 Carl Lawson OLB doubling down on pass rush with 38 year old James Harrison on one side and nothing much behind Dupree on the other this is a quality depth move and insurance

4-135 Jake Butt TE an Inline TE who can do a lot of the things we lacked since the departure of Heath Miller

5-173 Aaron Jones RB a good runner that has that extra gear and catches the ball like a WR out of the backfield or split wide

6-213 Brad Kaaya QB probably a better QB than we took and got him 2 rounds later

7-248 Ben Boulware a guy who smells the football and isnt afraid to thump you to put inside with Shazier has better range than VW
I'd be happy with that other than you are discounting the need for a WR. We had plenty of WRs in the tree last year but none in the hand when we needed them in the playoffs. Same this year. This team will go as far as Ben takes it. Period. And that won't be far without weapons that will be there at the end.