PDA

View Full Version : Ravens

StillCurtains
04-29-2017, 04:48 PM
I hate to say it, but these guys are going to be a nightmare to deal with this year and many years to come. They are absolutely all in on defense. Their defense is incredibly talented and deep across the board to be able to stymie any type of offense for years to come.

They have done nothing on the offensive side of the ball. Maybe their plan is to have a ball control offense this year and start adding offensive weapons next year. Either way, they will give us problems. They do every year even with less talented teams.

polamalubeast
04-29-2017, 04:49 PM
Nothing news.

Edman
04-29-2017, 04:51 PM
When is it ever not the case? The Ravens are always tough. They were this close to sweeping Pittsburgh last year.

They're a good, competent rival. Unlike the Bengals and Browns.

And I'm pretty sure they feel the same for us we do them. The Ravens wouldn't be who they are if it were not for the Steelers.

DesertSteel
04-29-2017, 04:51 PM
I like the competition. The AFCN is better when both the Steelers and Ravens make the playoffs.

teegre
04-29-2017, 04:53 PM
The Ravens are a great franchise.

If I didn't hate them, I'd like them.

Mojouw
04-29-2017, 05:02 PM
Iron sharpens iron. But we won't live in our fears. Once we defend every blade of grass we will envision our success.

Colbert: dude, hold my beer. Imma draft a waterboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craic
04-29-2017, 05:05 PM

This.

So much, this.

DesertSteel
04-29-2017, 05:05 PM
Iron sharpens iron. But we won't live in our fears. Once we defend every blade of grass we will envision our success.

Obviously.

Edman
04-29-2017, 05:07 PM

TBH, The Ravens aren't even that hateable anymore. I even like Terrell Suggs. They're only hateable in the aspect that they're a tough division rival.

In the Early 2000's. They used to be very Bengal-esque and VERY hateable. Now, I don't hate them all that much. I hate them, I hate losing to them, but I don't despise them. They're a respectable organization.

As far as the Bengals go, fuck the Bengals and everything that second-rate franchise stands for.

teegre
04-29-2017, 05:14 PM
TBH, The Ravens aren't even that hateable anymore. I even like Terrell Suggs. They're only hateable in the aspect that they're a tough division rival.

In the Early 2000's. They used to be very Bengal-esque and VERY hateable. Now, I don't hate them all that much. I hate them, I hate losing to them, but I don't despise them.

As far as the Bengals go, fuck the Bengals and everything that second-rate franchise stands for.

Exactly.

I hate the Ravens like I hate the neighbor who I have a tough time beating at Texas Hold'em.

I hate the Bengals like I hate the neighbor who shits on my lawn.

fansince'76
04-29-2017, 05:23 PM
I like the competition. The AFCN is better when both the Steelers and Ravens make the playoffs.

The problem is that more often than not, the Steelers and Ravens beat the crap out of each other while NE coasts to the #1 seed and HFA in the AFC in the cupcake division they play in.

tube517
04-29-2017, 05:39 PM
Ravens are the true rival. Paper Bungles are not

With that said the Ratbirds suck

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
04-29-2017, 05:43 PM
This Ravens draft was gearing up to beat us mostly and Cinci too. Way to beat a good offense is with a very good defense.

DesertSteel
04-29-2017, 05:47 PM
The problem is that more often than not, the Steelers and Ravens beat the crap out of each other while NE coasts to the #1 seed and HFA in the AFC in the cupcake division they play in.
The AFCE does indeed suck.

pczach
04-29-2017, 06:45 PM

https://memecrunch.com/meme/2XX52/water-boy/image.jpg?w=400&c=1

Born2Steel
04-29-2017, 07:45 PM
The Browns made some 'attempts' to move forward. I think they are actually trying this year.

The Bengals draft doesn't make much sense to me. They have a full backfield already but draft another RB. Then get back to back OLBs that can't drop into coverage at all.

The Ravens once again took all the players from our mocks before our turn to draft.

The Steelers addressed OLB with Watt, WR(even tho some of you dont think its a need, it was)with JuJu, Slot CB with Sutton, Backup QB with Dobbs, RB depth with Conner, and Outside CB depth with Allen.

smokin3000gt
04-30-2017, 09:29 AM
Iron sharpens iron uhh But we won't live in our fears umm Once we defend every blade of grass uhh we will envision our success.

fixed

edit: can someone explain why we would take a LS in the draft? that pick didn't make any sense to me...

stillers4me
04-30-2017, 09:37 AM

This. But the last couple of years are totally different if Ben had been able to play both games. I don't know how the Ravens always luck out and play one of the games against our backup QB.

Steelheart
04-30-2017, 09:40 AM
I really think the Browns are on the right path now as well. Our division could be very fun (not that it already isn't) in the next few years.

FrancoLambert
04-30-2017, 09:44 AM

If I didn't hate them, I'd despise them.

Fixed. :chuckle:

Raven fans are very upset about us taking Ju-Ju in the second round. Apparently they coveted him to help Joey Jump Ball.

BlackAndGold
04-30-2017, 09:55 AM
Ravens did rebuild their defense. But the Ravens o-line is somewhat suspect, lost right tackle is Wagner, who wasn't an all-pro but was solid, and lost center Jeremy Zuttah.

Who's Flacco throwing too?

Ravens will always be a tough game, they are in fact a rival, a respected rival at that. The Steelers are still the best team in the AFCN, if #7 is healthy no excuses not to win the division.

st33lersguy
04-30-2017, 10:23 AM
Their defense is solid, but they should have addressed their offense. Their O-line has lost bodies over the last 2 offseasons and Mikey One-trick is one of the BETTER WRs on that team. Their offense is weak

arout77
04-30-2017, 11:22 AM
Ravens fan here.

You know the drill...publicly we hate each other, but really no secret that there is a lot of respect between the two organizations. Two franchises run by quality people, not businessmen. I've always said that if Baltimore never got a team again, I'd be a Steelers fan now.

Anyway, my thoughts on the Pittsburgh draft is, not surprisingly, the same as on our own draft. It seems that both teams didn't give a second thought to needs; rather they took impact players in every round, and will worry about getting them on the field later.

Probably my favorite pick on your side of the fence was JuJu. He was compared by many to Anquan Boldin leading up to the draft. Even ended up being drafted in the 2nd, like Boldin. That is not a guy I look forward to seeing us defend against in the red zone over the coming years.

Well just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone. No worries, your secret is safe, I won't tell anyone that you said something nice about the Ratbirds. We do have an image to uphold, after all. This is the best rivalry in football. aand looks to remain that way for some time to come. :)

43Hitman
04-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Ravens fan here.

You know the drill...publicly we hate each other, but really no secret that there is a lot of respect between the two organizations. Two franchises run by quality people, not businessmen. I've always said that if Baltimore never got a team again, I'd be a Steelers fan now.

Anyway, my thoughts on the Pittsburgh draft is, not surprisingly, the same as on our own draft. It seems that both teams didn't give a second thought to needs; rather they took impact players in every round, and will worry about getting them on the field later.

Probably my favorite pick on your side of the fence was JuJu. He was compared by many to Anquan Boldin leading up to the draft. Even ended up being drafted in the 2nd, like Boldin. That is not a guy I look forward to seeing us defend against in the red zone over the coming years.

Well just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone. No worries, your secret is safe, I won't tell anyone that you said something nice about the Ratbirds. We do have an image to uphold, after all. This is the best rivalry in football. aand looks to remain that way for some time to come. :)Good post. It made me chuckle a bit, 'cause it's all true. Welcome to the board. Should be an interesting season.

Psycho Ward 86
04-30-2017, 03:36 PM
ill always take the ravens seriously just for the sake of them being the ravens, but im not intimidated by them. they lost a lot of offensive capability with 2 major losses at receiver and along the O-line

pepsyman1
05-02-2017, 01:13 AM
It almost never fails that regardless of who's hurt, who plays, regular or post season; Steelers and Ravens games are brutal, tight, physical games. Best rivalry in pro sports for the last decade. Plus they usually give Tom Brady a hard time whenever they play NE...lol

arout77
05-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Plus they usually give Tom Brady a hard time whenever they play NE...lol

haha, I always find it amusing that BAL and PIT both hate NE more than they do each other. My brother always looks at me like "WTF is wrong with you" when I'm cheering on the Steelers when they play the Pats. But hey, he's a Foreskins fan, what does he know about anything...

Born2Steel
05-02-2017, 08:37 AM
haha, I always find it amusing that BAL and PIT both hate NE more than they do each other. My brother always looks at me like "WTF is wrong with you" when I'm cheering on the Steelers when they play the Pats. But hey, he's a Foreskins fan, what does he know about anything...

I have family in the Baltimore/DC area. Growing up they were all Skins fans. Not Colts. Now they're all Ravens fans, which makes it fun when we get together, but have to wonder what changed.

Hawkman
05-02-2017, 10:19 AM
I have family in the Baltimore/DC area. Growing up they were all Skins fans. Not Colts. Now they're all Ravens fans, which makes it fun when we get together, but have to wonder what changed.

Dan Snyder.

BlackAndGold
05-02-2017, 10:41 AM
I believe the whole division got better.

Cincy has question marks on their o-line, something which will hold them back. It wasn't great last year, and they just lost their best two o-lineman in Whitworth, and Zeitler. Added two weapons in Ross(can he handle the NFL?) and Mixon who can be a flat out star. Defense will be there with a returning WJ3, Andrew Billings, also just added Jordan Willis, and Carl Lawson via draft.

Cleveland completely revamped their o-line in FA. Let hope our front 7 is ready. Added the best player in the draft in Myles Garrett to pair opposite of Emmanuel Ogbah who had 5.5 sacks in his rookie season. If Hue Jackson can develop Kizer, watch out.

st33lersguy
05-02-2017, 05:31 PM
I hate the Ravens but they are the only division rival I respect. They are always a tough out, even the last couple years when they've gone 13-19. The Bengals are the biggest pretenders in the NFL and always fold when they have to play a big game, and the Browns, well I feel sorry for their fans at this point